HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Two or Three Pieces From Stanley Cup

Old
08-26-2011, 07:04 PM
beauchamp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I laugh at people who say that Burke doen't go all out to make the team better really? Why? just bevcause he didn't offer Brad Richards a never ending contract te fact is Burke idenifies needs and e fills them thats what he does.

He needed a young Dynamic Goal scoring winger so he went out and got one in Kessel Some say he overpaid but the fact remains he filled a need

(...)
Can't you see the dichotomy between these two statements?

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
I'd take this a lot more seriously if the Leafs hadn't finished every year during the playoff drought with similar good performances. All this "they finished strong!" stuff is meaningless. Seasons start in October, not February.

My only reason for optimism is Reimer. He stands on his head, playoffs are very possible, even likely. He's average, and Rotten Ronnie is gone before Halloween and we're off to the races for another horrible year that will likely see Burke canned in April.
Geezus , it's about time someone else sees why the Bruins did not get a top 5 pick last year.

JR and DP have big years and we have a chance at the POs.

2,3 players from contenting for the cup is utter nonsense, maybe if one is a elite tender and one a elite D and one a elite c.

Thats like saying i was only a few numbers off from winning the pick 3.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:29 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
That's quite easy to say post facto.

I won't go through your posting history to find what you thought before they did not sign with Toronto, but I suspect it could be interesting.

Do you know something that we from the plebe don't know?
Look all you want. I would love for you to waste your time, but I will be a nice guy, and tell you what you will find.

You will find that I was a proponent of Burke signing any 1st line center that was or romoured to be available. I don't whine or complain when Burke doesn't sign one, instead, I try to figure out why he didn't aquire said player. If you look close enough, probably in the all Stamkos thread, you will find that I said Burke will not aquire Stamkos. In fact, if you look real hard, you will find that I said he is holding out for Tavares. Post facto no facto

All I know is, Tavares is the only number 1 franchise center Burke has spoke about publicly.

Call me a dreamer, I don't care. Get er done Burkie

"Go ahead make my day"

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
Look all you want. I would love for you to waste your time, but I will be a nice guy, and tell you what you will find.

You will find that I was a proponent of Burke signing any 1st line center that was or romoured to be available. I don't whine or complain when Burke doesn't sign one, instead, I try to figure out why he didn't aquire said player. If you look close enough, probably in the all Stamkos thread, you will find that I said Burke will not aquire Stamkos. In fact, if you look real hard, you will find that I said he is holding out for Tavares. Post facto no facto

All I know is, Tavares is the only number 1 franchise center Burke has spoke about publicly.

"Go ahead make my day"
...i want his to happen too

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:32 AM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post

"Go ahead make my day"
So Burke is holding out for Superman rather then thinking about Spiderman? That's much more realistic.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 08:50 AM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Are Sidney Crosby and Chris Pronger the pieces?
haha buddy, pronger sucks

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 09:57 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
Old doesn't = suck. He may be getting near retirement, but he is still one of the best defensive players in the playoffs every time. I can't believe anyone would ever have to explain this.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 11:49 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Old doesn't = suck. He may be getting near retirement, but he is still one of the best defensive players in the playoffs every time. I can't believe anyone would ever have to explain this.
A year older, coming off a season of injuries. Is it 4 back operations and running 2 players (Carter and Richards) out of town?

Lot of eggs in this basket.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

"Holding out for Tavares"...what does that even mean?

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
A year older, coming off a season of injuries. Is it 4 back operations and running 2 players (Carter and Richards) out of town?

Lot of eggs in this basket.
Or Philly identified 2 players that were more concerned with partying hard off the ice as they were with playing on the ice that were locked up long term and they traded them off before all the partying caught up with them.

Funny how we never heard of a problem with Pronger getting along with dedicated professionals like Selanne, Niedermayer, Smyth or Macinnis.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:00 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Or Philly identified 2 players that were more concerned with partying hard off the ice as they were with playing on the ice that were locked up long term and they traded them off before all the partying caught up with them.

Funny how we never heard of a problem with Pronger getting along with dedicated professionals like Selanne, Niedermayer, Smyth or Macinnis.
Yes, it isn't like Pronger was ever charged with drunk driving or being in a bar room brawl or considered immature.

Kind of funny if Pronger is the standard for morality in the Flyers locker room.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote