HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
  #876
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,463
vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMarky79 View Post
hey guys Im from Pei and they are having a Parade for Adam McQuaid in cornwall.... Im debating weather to go? Maybe If I see the cup in person it will bring good luck to the Canadiens next year? let me know your thoughts......

P.S. I hate the bruins
Don't go and let everyone know it's because you hate the Bruins.

That'll show 'em.

Stjonnypopo is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
  #877
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Go and throw him a rotten tomato.

CareyClutch is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
  #878
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,913
vCash: 500
WTF ? Is there really an hurricane heading toward Quebec ? Just watched the local news and they said that we should receive around 100mm of rain with huge winds who could reach up to 100+ km/h ? They also said they didn't see this since the 1800's or something.

I know New York is supposed to be hit pretty hard and people are getting evacuated as we speak but i didn't knew that Quebec would get a part of it too.

Bronn is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 05:19 AM
  #879
euphrates
Registered User
 
euphrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal East
Country: Canada
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reem View Post
WTF ? Is there really an hurricane heading toward Quebec ? Just watched the local news and they said that we should receive around 100mm of rain with huge winds who could reach up to 100+ km/h ? They also said they didn't see this since the 1800's or something.

I know New York is supposed to be hit pretty hard and people are getting evacuated as we speak but i didn't knew that Quebec would get a part of it too.
we won't get a hurricane it will become a tropical storm by the time it gets here. Montreal will get between 50-70 mm of rain and it will be really windy with gusts up to 90 km/h

euphrates is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 01:51 PM
  #880
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
OT: Driving ranges in Montreal

Hey guys,

So this summer I have taken up golf and I've been enjoying it very much. I've been practicing several times every week and I spend a lot of time working on different things at the driving range.

I live in St-Henri and I was going to the course on Nun's Island most of the time. It's a new course, very clean and well taken care of, and best of all it's 10 minutes from my place.

A few weeks ago I drove over to the course only to find out it is closed indefinitely until "the city can provide the means necessary to operate in a secure manner"...Which in other words is just the owner trying to get money from the city or something like that. They have been closed since August 5th and I'm starting to think they won't be re-opening this season.

Now I'm stuck. I can't find a decent driving range that is close to where I live. I've been heading over to the West Island golf dome but that's pretty far out of the way for me. I'm kinda lost now, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a good driving range near St-Henri/the downtown area.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
  #881
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
I don't know about that area Dave, but I really like the UFO in Laval. You can also play a 9 hole of par 3 and 4. It's going to be a little drive but worth it IMO

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 01:59 PM
  #882
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Hey guys,

So this summer I have taken up golf and I've been enjoying it very much. I've been practicing several times every week and I spend a lot of time working on different things at the driving range.

I live in St-Henri and I was going to the course on Nun's Island most of the time. It's a new course, very clean and well taken care of, and best of all it's 10 minutes from my place.

A few weeks ago I drove over to the course only to find out it is closed indefinitely until "the city can provide the means necessary to operate in a secure manner"...Which in other words is just the owner trying to get money from the city or something like that. They have been closed since August 5th and I'm starting to think they won't be re-opening this season.

Now I'm stuck. I can't find a decent driving range that is close to where I live. I've been heading over to the West Island golf dome but that's pretty far out of the way for me. I'm kinda lost now, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a good driving range near St-Henri/the downtown area.
Only other one I could think of is Dorval but I haven't been since I was like 9 years old. Don't even know if it still exists and generally it's like a 10 min drive from the dome anyways

Sorry I can't help but that really blows. Sounds pretty inconvenient.

Maybe it's a sign you need to become a west islander

neofury* is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
  #883
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Thanks for the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't know about that area Dave, but I really like the UFO in Laval. You can also play a 9 hole of par 3 and 4. It's going to be a little drive but worth it IMO
I've been to the UFO in Laval before. It is a little out of the way but a good place to go if you just want to have fun, plus you can golf 24/7. My only issue is when I hit the range there, the driving mats were badly maintained and the whole place was packed with obnoxious teenagers. Might be because I went on a Friday night, but it made it a bit difficult to enjoy myself. Plus when I was playing the 9-hole course, some idiot was purposely trying to hit people on the golf course by shooting crooked from the driving range. A few times I had to duck to avoid getting nailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Only other one I could think of is Dorval but I haven't been since I was like 9 years old. Don't even know if it still exists and generally it's like a 10 min drive from the dome anyways

Sorry I can't help but that really blows. Sounds pretty inconvenient.

Maybe it's a sign you need to become a west islander
Haha well the West Island is still too out of the way for me. I'm born and raised in the east end downtown and I live in the west end downtown today. I'm not really a suburbs kind of guy.

My biggest problem is that aside from Nun's Island, all the other courses seem quite far away. I wouldn't mind driving to the west or Laval, but I go to the driving range 5-6 times per week and I'm only there 1.5 hours a day. Driving to the west island and back, I'm driving my car longer than I am actually practicing.

What about the south shore? Any good ranges there?

waffledave is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 03:11 PM
  #884
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,572
vCash: 50
I used to work for Le Golf UFO, 5-6 years ago.

Awful place.

Jee is offline  
Old
08-30-2011, 04:46 PM
  #885
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,208
vCash: 50
Opus card

Quick question about the Opus card.

I haven't taken the city bus in years, before they brought out the Opus card. My little cousin just got one and I need to fill the card up for her for the month of September.

How exactly does the monthly plan work? Is it like the monthly bus passes we used to buy that would only work for the month they were for? Or does it work as if I paid for it like September 15th would it work all the way till October 15th?

Theosis is offline  
Old
08-31-2011, 03:58 PM
  #886
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
hello all
I have a question to ask
do any of you have (or had) TSN Habs for bell last year?

I was wondering how much it cost.

Thanks for any info!

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
09-05-2011, 09:12 AM
  #887
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Poutine becomes gastronomy... what is the reaction from the Poutine High Council?

There have been a number of poutine threads in the past that have attracted a large following. Now, it looks like Poutine is becoming high gastronomy... Wondering if the dormant Poutine High Council has any comment, or if they've all fled to a rival board.

Poutine: Quebec’s accidental delicacy becomes global haute cuisine
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1578242/

I have seen the dish on menus as far as Japan, back when I was JapanMontrealExpat, so its geographical reach is nothing new. But for it to become gastronomy, that's a development that I didn't see coming.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline  
Old
09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
  #888
NeezDuts
Rookie User
 
NeezDuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMtlExpat View Post
There have been a number of poutine threads in the past that have attracted a large following. Now, it looks like Poutine is becoming high gastronomy... Wondering if the dormant Poutine High Council has any comment, or if they've all fled to a rival board.

Poutine: Quebec’s accidental delicacy becomes global haute cuisine
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1578242/

I have seen the dish on menus as far as Japan, back when I was JapanMontrealExpat, so its geographical reach is nothing new. But for it to become gastronomy, that's a development that I didn't see coming.
Not only are poutines becoming a new 'trend' but the a montreal chef (Chuck Hughes) beat Bobby Flay in Iron Chef America, a TV food battle, with a plate of lobster poutine!

NeezDuts is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 10:02 AM
  #889
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Hardest job in the world? He should try Alaskan crab fishing, I doubt he would last a day
I think some military people might want to have their say as well as countless less paid more dangerous and tougher jobs.
Good examples. Go out and spread this on the net. I've got a new expression: Talking jobs. Men and women who just cruise around all day talking at meetings. Usually, almost always, talking ****. Usually over 40, but women often try this younger. Sorry but true.

They don't write, they don't study, they don't research, they don't draw or design anything like I do, they don't' make anything ever with their hands, they don't teach staff, they don't make in depth comments on documents, they never calculate anything. They never do spread sheets. They never sketch, they never listen. They just talk.

In China where I live at the moment, all the big boys have talking jobs. They're all fat stupid buffoons, they go into meetings and talk, then they leave, leaving the mess behind. That's why China is such a joke, why their trains crash and their food is poisonous. Believe me. Never gonna design and sell a good car with buffoons in charge who all have talking jobs. Talking job guys are also why all the banks failed in America.

Talking job. I want one so bad. So ****ing easy.

Sorry so off topic, just been thinking of the guys on building sites in Ontario I worked with when I was a kid. They worked their ***** off, pounding nails, carrying 4X8 sheets up hills, shingled roofs. Rain or shine, year after year, making real things of value. They talked at lunch, 45 minutes a day. Some of them didn't even talk then.

bsl is offline  
Old
09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
  #890
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeezDuts View Post
Not only are poutines becoming a new 'trend' but the a montreal chef (Chuck Hughes) beat Bobby Flay in Iron Chef America, a TV food battle, with a plate of lobster poutine!
I watched that show and me and my wife were both salivating. That looked really awesome!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
09-07-2011, 11:41 AM
  #891
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeezDuts View Post
Not only are poutines becoming a new 'trend' but the a montreal chef (Chuck Hughes) beat Bobby Flay in Iron Chef America, a TV food battle, with a plate of lobster poutine!
Cool. It takes a tremendous chef to beat Bobby Flay in his home turf. I'm going to track this down on youtube. I'm addicted to the Food Channel these days, including the Next Food Network Star and Restaurant Impossible. I'm a decent cook in my own right, my wife is brilliant in the kitchen, and my brother is a professional chef by trade. So these themes resonate strongly with me.

Still, it isn't surprising to me, speaking as an expat living in the US, to see a Montreal chef beat an American chef.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline  
Old
09-08-2011, 11:35 PM
  #892
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,959
vCash: 500
Thought I would post here since I'm moving to Montreal this Sunday (from Vancouver, and obviously a Canucks fan) and will likely end up posting in this forum here and there. Always cheer for the Habs in the playoffs so it won't be too much of an adjustment — but Canucks will always be #1 for me, haha.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
09-09-2011, 05:22 AM
  #893
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,963
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
hello all
I have a question to ask
do any of you have (or had) TSN Habs for bell last year?

I was wondering how much it cost.

Thanks for any info!
If you haven't gotten an answer yet: Yes, it's just like before. It only covers the month, so if you buy it on the 15th, you only have it for the remainder of that month.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.