HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zach Stepan

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2011, 09:09 AM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
And less talented
if both can be 70 point players, I won't be mad.

Old
08-28-2011, 10:40 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
How about if they both make it to the nhl, first.

Old
08-28-2011, 10:46 AM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
How about if they both make it to the nhl, first.
Derek Stepan is in the NHL. You having a slow day?

Old
08-28-2011, 01:25 PM
gotmonte

There is going to be a DEEEEEEEP draft this coming year. Why would we be all googled eyes over Zach? If he is the best player available or best player at the position we are lacking than FINE.

But until we know more about the draft I am going to hold my reserve for who i would vote to pick.

I really dont know why people say he is going first round. He is listed as the best player in MINN not in the USA or Europe or Canada or you know what I am getting out.

I am not the sentimental type. I am the "winning" type. I rather have my team draft correctly versus draft because it would be a feel-good story in some obscure newspaper that we drafted Stepan's cousin.

Old
08-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Zach Stepan will be a combination of Yann Stastny and David Toews IMO.

Old
08-28-2011, 02:56 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Zach Stepan will be a combination of Yann Stastny and David Toews IMO.
That's an insult to Zach Stepan. Neither of the two players you mentioned are even close to Stepan skill wise.

Old
08-28-2011, 02:57 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
There is going to be a DEEEEEEEP draft this coming year. Why would we be all googled eyes over Zach? If he is the best player available or best player at the position we are lacking than FINE.

But until we know more about the draft I am going to hold my reserve for who i would vote to pick.

I really dont know why people say he is going first round. He is listed as the best player in MINN not in the USA or Europe or Canada or you know what I am getting out.

I am not the sentimental type. I am the "winning" type. I rather have my team draft correctly versus draft because it would be a feel-good story in some obscure newspaper that we drafted Stepan's cousin.
I'd only take Steps if there's no one left that we need. If we can get him in the second round I'd be thrilled.

Old
08-28-2011, 03:26 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
I'd only take Steps if there's no one left that we need. If we can get him in the second round I'd be thrilled.
Depending on just how deep this draft is we might be able to get a second rounder that would have projected into the first round of the last draft we just had.

But I agree with you. If Stepan is the best available than of course go for it. I just want us to draft with our heads not our heart.

Old
08-28-2011, 04:00 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Depending on just how deep this draft is we might be able to get a second rounder that would have projected into the first round of the last draft we just had.

But I agree with you. If Stepan is the best available than of course go for it. I just want us to draft with our heads not our heart.
If Martin Frk falls in the first round, I want to get him in the first round. Frk >> Zach Stepan.

Old
08-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
That's an insult to Zach Stepan. Neither of the two players you mentioned are even close to Stepan skill wise.
Define skill. David Toews in the same program of St. Mary's Shattuck outscored him by 17 points at the same age. Yann Stastny reference was a joke obviously.

Old
08-28-2011, 06:27 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
If Martin Frk falls in the first round, I want to get him in the first round. Frk >> Zach Stepan.
yeah the consensus on Frk is pretty good. I personally havent seen him play and to be frank I havent seen a lot of the potential first rounders in this coming draft play besides Nail Yakupov who I want in the WORST way.

If he hits his ceiling, FORGEDABOUDIT!

Old
08-28-2011, 10:05 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Define skill. David Toews in the same program of St. Mary's Shattuck outscored him by 17 points at the same age. Yann Stastny reference was a joke obviously.
Doesn't mean much. Just because a player was statistically better doesn't mean much.

Derek Stepan equaled Jonathan Toews' stats at Shattuck, but is in no way comparable to Toews.

Stats don't always mean everything.

Old
08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
bernmeister

Quote:

This^.
But it would be cool, if all other things are equal.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
sfox7076

Figured I would bump this as the draft gets closer. He's the 53rd ranked North American skater. Likely to be available to us at 59 overall. Not saying I use it on him, but just pointing it out.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Please use the stickied draft thread. As we get closer to draft day, we don't want to have dozens of threads popping up about all of the different prospects.

Closed Thread