HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2011 NFL Thread: Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2011, 08:37 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
I'm unaware of any single site that consistently carries NFL games. MyP2PForum.eu was always the best place for any streaming event, but they've recently been forced offline. ATDHE is your next best bet.
****, they got shut down? That was probably the best website out there.

Anyway, the Jets also have the same issue of games Monday and Thursday. Starters I'm assuming will only play one drive, if they even do that, Thursday.

Old
08-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Byron Leftwich is out for the season with a broken arm. It looked very painful and it made me grimace when I saw it

Old
08-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
****, they got shut down? That was probably the best website out there.

Anyway, the Jets also have the same issue of games Monday and Thursday. Starters I'm assuming will only play one drive, if they even do that, Thursday.
I think that the starters will probably start and play maybe 2-3 drives just as a tune-up for week 1

Old
08-29-2011, 01:06 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

So, I'm doing fantasy football for the first time in a few years. I was just wondering, can someone suggest some "must see" websites/blogs/columns/iPhone apps that every fantasy player should look out for.

I have played before, and would say that I know more than the average fan, but I'm FAR from an expert when it comes to football, especially young players and prospects, so I guess I'm looking for a helping hand or two to turn to during the season.

Old
08-29-2011, 08:53 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Giants will be demolished tonight. Can't wait!

Old
08-29-2011, 09:24 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Giants will be demolished tonight. Can't wait!
Its preseason

Old
08-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Its preseason
It doesn't matter! Jets will kill Eli

Old
08-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Its preseason
Exactly.

Not only that, but these 2 teams play in the regular season, too. I would be pissed if Coughlin/Gilbride/Fewell show the Jets anything other than our basic packages. Use this game as a minor tune-up, and final evaluation of the 2nd string/special teams scrubs.

This game means nothing other than deciding who gets cut. Hell, this isn't even a rivalry. Anyone trying to make it so probably has an inferiority complex. I usually root for the Jets as long as they're not playing the Giants anyway.

Old
08-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Its preseason
Excuses already

Old
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Excuses already
Yeah for real. If the Giants win, it will be so great. If Jets win, it's just preseason.

Old
08-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Yeah for real. If the Giants win, it will be so great. If Jets win, it's just preseason.

But in all seriousness, this is how it goes. Its been close to thread-closing bad for Giants-Jets games here before, so really for a preseason game, it'd be worth it to just not trash talk. Regardless of whether or not Rex thinks it works.

Old
08-29-2011, 10:46 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

Honest to God, I don't care if the Giants lost by 100, or won by 100. It's a meaningless preseason game.

I doubt I'll even watch the game to be honest. Preseason can be pretty damn unwatchable.

Its like if the Rangers beat the Flyers in preseason. Does it really matter?

Old
08-29-2011, 10:47 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post

But in all seriousness, this is how it goes. Its been close to thread-closing bad for Giants-Jets games here before, so really for a preseason game, it'd be worth it to just not trash talk. Regardless of whether or not Rex thinks it works.
Anything I said was all in good fun guys. 95% of my friends and family are Giants fans. I couldn't have been more happy than when you guys beat the Gaytriots.

Anyway, being a Jets fans. I always want to beat the Giants when they play each other.

That and Preseason Football is still 100% better than boring ass baseball. I'll take what I can get.

Old
08-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I watch, as much for fear of mass injuries as anything else.

Going to have to find a stream for tonight's game as I dont get NFL network, but if everyone plays ok and there are no injuries, I wouldn't care if it was a 49-7 Jets victory.

Perriloux with 7 pick-6es.

Old
08-29-2011, 10:51 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Anyone on here interested in doing a fantasy football league on ESPN? If you interested let me know. If I get enough responses I'll make a league. If your going to sign up, please stay active!

Old
08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:

These 2 teams play in the regular season, who gives a crap about a meaningless preseason game?

The "little brother" complex is getting a little annoying. In all likelihood, you have a better team than us this year. Is that what you needed to hear to make you shut up?

Trash talking a non-rivalry preseason game is laughably dumb.

Old
08-29-2011, 10:56 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
There will be no trash talk from either side tonight. If there is, we'll just do thread bans. This thread is for fans of both teams. Express your support for your team without trolling the other fans.

To the actual game, I'd expect it to be pretty vanilla. The Giants will be up for this game, even if it's preseason, and I'd expect it to be close.

Old
08-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
There will be no trash talk from either side tonight. If there is, we'll just do thread bans. This thread is for fans of both teams. Express your support for your team without trolling the other fans.

To the actual game, I'd expect it to be pretty vanilla. The Giants will be up for this game, even if it's preseason, and I'd expect it to be close.
I expect this game to be pretty intense, but only once the starters are done for the night. This is the last chance the 2nd team scrubs have to grab a roster spot, seeing as starters generally play almost the entire final preseason game.

I'm just praying for no injuries. The Giants have already been ravaged this preseason.

Old
08-29-2011, 12:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I expect this game to be pretty intense, but only once the starters are done for the night. This is the last chance the 2nd team scrubs have to grab a roster spot, seeing as starters generally play almost the entire final preseason game.

I'm just praying for no injuries. The Giants have already been ravaged this preseason.
IDK how the Giants do it, but the Jets almost never play their starters the final preseason game. Maybe one series, but that's it. I thought that was pretty standard?

It's just pain.
Old
08-29-2011, 01:16 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
IDK how the Giants do it, but the Jets almost never play their starters the final preseason game. Maybe one series, but that's it. I thought that was pretty standard?
There is a reason the 3rd pre-season game is called the "dress rehearsal". Starters will play 3 quarters, maybe even some of the 4th.

Old
08-29-2011, 01:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
There is a reason the 3rd pre-season game is called the "dress rehearsal". Starters will play 3 quarters, maybe even some of the 4th.
Right, the third game is always where the starters see the most action. The starters hardly play (if at all) in the final game. At least from what I know...the Giants could be different.

Old
08-29-2011, 01:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Vernon Gholston was released by the Bears. Talk some **** about Rex now, ya bum!

Old
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Cablevision is still out in my area. I'm going to be pissed if I can't see this game. Don't care if its just pre-season. Pre-season football > baseball.

Old
08-29-2011, 02:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Right, the third game is always where the starters see the most action. The starters hardly play (if at all) in the final game. At least from what I know...the Giants could be different.
Yep, the 4th preseason game is pretty much the battle for whatever spots are left on the team. I remember last year, Rex only dressed 30something guys for the final preseason game

Old
08-29-2011, 02:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

By the way for anyone going to the game tonight, the Giants are offering free parking. The NJ Transit rail line will NOT be running to the Meadowlands tonight.

Closed Thread