HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings #4 prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Kings #4 prospect?
Christopher Gibson 0 0%
Brandon Kozun 4 5.88%
Nicholas Deslauriers 14 20.59%
Jordan Weal 1 1.47%
Martin Jones 3 4.41%
Thomas Hickey 4 5.88%
Linden Vey 1 1.47%
Derek Forbort 38 55.88%
Maxim Kitsyn 0 0%
Jake Muzzin 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-28-2011, 03:25 PM
  #1
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,528
vCash: 500
Kings #4 prospect

Results:

1st: Andrei Loktionov 39.66% (runner up: Viatcheslav Voinov 31.03%)
2nd: Viatcheslav Voinov 79.63% (runner up: Tyler Toffoli 12.96%)
3rd: Tyler Toffoli 53.57% (runner up: Derek Forbort 16.07%)

Please reply with who you would like to see added to the poll.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 03:35 PM
  #2
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Forbort add Nolan.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
  #3
GR81
Registered User
 
GR81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Nicolas Deslauriers, add King.

GR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 03:48 PM
  #4
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,836
vCash: 500
Derek Forbort

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 03:57 PM
  #5
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,007
vCash: 500
Forbort

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 04:20 PM
  #6
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,536
vCash: 500
I'm not very high on Forbort at all. I like both Jones and Kozun better, maybe even Holloway too.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 04:30 PM
  #7
Randart
Registered User
 
Randart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'm not very high on Forbort at all. I like both Jones and Kozun better, maybe even Holloway too.

I voted Forbort but alot of that has to do with hoped for potential I think he can reach in time.
Of your three choices I feel Jonesy could be very very special but sadly I think his days may be numbered here!
Unless a unexpected trade happens that sends one of the Jonathans packing.

I feel that Zatkoff is not in demand and with the other two young goalies we have got the last couple drafts,
I just feel some team will come up with a trade that DL will see value in before Jones is fully ready.
Just my opinion on this one a feeling as it were.

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 04:32 PM
  #8
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,139
vCash: 500
Forbort

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 04:50 PM
  #9
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,342
vCash: 500
As much as i love Forborts potential hes at least two years away maybe as much as 4 depending on health. Jake Muzzin is ready now and has played already in the Nhl therefore that makes him a better propect at the moment.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 06:30 PM
  #10
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Nicolas Deslauriers is gonna turn heads. Have a feeling this guy will be great. He will be one of those great finds that alot of teams will wish they would of picked. Our top 4 D in my eyes.

1A. Doughty
1B. Johnson
2. Delsauriers
3. Forbort
4. Hickey

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
  #11
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,242
vCash: 500
I think Forbort's potential is still too great to overlook, so I voted him.

I suggest adding Shore next.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 08:17 PM
  #12
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
I voted for Derek.

Delsauriers reminds me a lot of the Ducks Lucas Sisba which I love.

Nick has that determination and drive to be good and he's willing to play the wreck and smash type of game too, which we all like.

When you add the tough element to his game it makes Nick more valuable and will cause other defensemen to be moved for him.

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
  #13
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I know allot of people will vote Forbort who, as I have said all along is a very good defenceman but is further out than the the rest of our top end talented Dkids and has a bit more to prove (which he no doubt will) before he climbs up into the top 5 of our prospects imo.

Nik Deslauriers is a monster who can play every aspect of the game at his position and will in time prove himself to be everything we have wanted in a D man and even more. I see him as our Captain within a couple of years of making the team or at the very least wearing the A in pretty short order.

NDes is right there with VV in skating ability and shot but is light years ahead of him in positional play (which is saying allot) and in his ability to take over the game in his own end. He drops the gloves and throws hammers made out of cold hard steel and plays for keeps.

I like Robot (a nik name that he has been given at times throughout his development due to his cold steady ability to play the game like a science) and think he has top 3 Dmen written all over him but if I had to chose between the two I would take NDes every single time.

I have been (for a long time now) trying to think of a comparable D man for N Des since the 99 era up until today and after long thought, I can't.

Des is closer to the good old school two way mean tuff no funny bus dmem of the past then he is to any of the dmen that I can think of today.

N Des will be a great heart and soul Dman in the NHL without a doubt imo. The kind of kid you hang on to.
Forbort should too though in a totally different way. To me after watching a ton of Forbort I would say that his upside would be a more mobile two way version of Matty Norstrom which is absolutely nothing to sneeze at and should be seen as very very high praise.

N Des will cut his own path and make his own name.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 11:21 PM
  #14
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
I feel that Zatkoff is not in demand and with the other two young goalies we have got the last couple drafts,
I just feel some team will come up with a trade that DL will see value in before Jones is fully ready.
Just my opinion on this one a feeling as it were.
Zatkoff and Jones are about equal right now though, both are solid at times but terribly inconsistent and have similiar upside. Berube is a huge ? as he wasn't that impressive in his limited AHL time and he is coming off surgery. I don't see any of the three going anywhere until one of them steps up and shows they are capable of playing 50-60 games in the AHL a year without long periods of struggling...

That said I vote Muzzin and say add Holloway if he is still considered a prospect... if he isn't an option then add Zatkoff.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 11:31 PM
  #15
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I know allot of people will vote Forbort who, as I have said all along is a very good defenceman but is further out than the the rest of our top end talented Dkids and has a bit more to prove (which he no doubt will) before he climbs up into the top 5 of our prospects imo.

Nik Deslauriers is a monster who can play every aspect of the game at his position and will in time prove himself to be everything we have wanted in a D man and even more. I see him as our Captain within a couple of years of making the team or at the very least wearing the A in pretty short order.

NDes is right there with VV in skating ability and shot but is light years ahead of him in positional play (which is saying allot) and in his ability to take over the game in his own end. He drops the gloves and throws hammers made out of cold hard steel and plays for keeps.

I like Robot (a nik name that he has been given at times throughout his development due to his cold steady ability to play the game like a science) and think he has top 3 Dmen written all over him but if I had to chose between the two I would take NDes every single time.

I have been (for a long time now) trying to think of a comparable D man for N Des since the 99 era up until today and after long thought, I can't.

Des is closer to the good old school two way mean tuff no funny bus dmem of the past then he is to any of the dmen that I can think of today.

N Des will be a great heart and soul Dman in the NHL without a doubt imo. The kind of kid you hang on to.
Forbort should too though in a totally different way. To me after watching a ton of Forbort I would say that his upside would be a more mobile two way version of Matty Norstrom which is absolutely nothing to sneeze at and should be seen as very very high praise.

N Des will cut his own path and make his own name.
Well said, I keep thinking of a Paul Coffey. Maybe a bit meaner. Regardless tons of potiental.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 11:56 PM
  #16
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I know allot of people will vote Forbort who, as I have said all along is a very good defenceman but is further out than the the rest of our top end talented Dkids and has a bit more to prove (which he no doubt will) before he climbs up into the top 5 of our prospects imo.
Yes, he's further away, but his vision, puckhandling skills, and size are amazing. It's that potential that people are banking on.

Quote:
Nik Deslauriers is a monster who can play every aspect of the game at his position and will in time prove himself to be everything we have wanted in a D man and even more. I see him as our Captain within a couple of years of making the team or at the very least wearing the A in pretty short order.
I think you overstate Deslauriers' defensive ability. I know he's willing to play defense, and he has that commitment, but his defensive decisions leave a lot to be desired. This still needs work. As far as wearing a letter... again, I like him, but I think Brown, Johnson, Doughty, and Kopitar are the faces of the Kings and would likely be the ones wearing letters.

Quote:
I have been (for a long time now) trying to think of a comparable D man for N Des since the 99 era up until today and after long thought, I can't.
I still think he's a lot like Dan Boyle.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Deslauriers. I have him and Forbort almost neck and neck on my list (I have them at 4 and 5), and frankly, you can make good arguments on both of them being higher.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 01:15 AM
  #17
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Time will tell Kingspawn.

I have given high praise to Forbort and feel he deserves it but he isnt anywhere near Des is in as far as their current abilities stand. As to where they are likely to end up or are projected to develop they are two totally different types of players so there isn't really any point in discussing that imo.

As to Des being known for being anything other than stellar in his own end I have to disagree with you and so do most of the pundits who have followed him. He is an exceptionally talented stay at home Dman who is an excellent skater and those have been his strong suits so far, his two way ability as well as his leadership and toughness have been nice additions to his game but they are more or less sort of newish aspects.

The kid is known for being a fast skating tuff stay at home Dman first. The rest is icing.

When it comes to these two dmen Forbort looks very good as well but he has yet to show the same amount of leadership, grit and speed that Des has up to this point. I like Forbort and we are lucky enough to have the opp to watch both of them develop.

Time will tell which is the better of the two and either way I am happy that we have so many exceptionally talented young D in the system.


Last edited by etherialone: 08-29-2011 at 12:33 PM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 01:50 AM
  #18
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
I do not know if you guys are voting for Forbort from write ups or what but the 3/4 times he was on TV last year he was far from being a great prospect so I am hoping TG is right about ND, who was invited to Canada's WJC before his injury I believe which is pretty good for a Dman from the Q

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 03:32 AM
  #19
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 1015
I cant remember if I picked Derek or Nick. Thats how close it is

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 06:47 AM
  #20
Nodoughtyboutit
Registered User
 
Nodoughtyboutit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
King'spawn's post make me...


Nodoughtyboutit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
  #21
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
The thing between Forbort and Deslauriers to me is that Forbort is a project. While yeah he could become the better of the two, it's not going to be for a long while whereas I see Nic as someone who could step in in the next year or two. I also see Deslauriers becoming a good offensive threat where I see Forbort more used in a shutdown role but a guy who can also skate and make a good first pass.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
  #22
Randart
Registered User
 
Randart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
The Rumor is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
The thing between Forbort and Deslauriers to me is that Forbort is a project. While yeah he could become the better of the two, it's not going to be for a long while whereas I see Nic as someone who could step in in the next year or two. I also see Deslauriers becoming a good offensive threat where I see Forbort more used in a shutdown role but a guy who can also skate and make a good first pass.
Also I understand Forbort has a big slapper when he gets it off if he can develop enough to be consistent in this aspect of his game it would be a nice addition to our blue line threats...

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
  #23
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
Also I understand Forbort has a big slapper when he gets it off if he can develop enough to be consistent in this aspect of his game it would be a nice addition to our blue line threats...
Well someone who's 6'4" should be able to get a decent amount of power behind a shot based on size alone. Another thing I see is I see Deslauriers being a top pairing PP type guy and Forbort being a 2nd unit guy. I like both but I think right now Deslauriers is just simply the better prospect.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.