HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

XBOX 360 vs. PS3 vs. WII (ALL Discussion Here)

View Poll Results: Preferred Gaming System?
PC 35 19.44%
Xbox 360 56 31.11%
PS3 75 41.67%
None, I just lurk around this forum because cool kids post here 10 5.56%
Wii 4 2.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
Who's ready for the holiday rush coming up?

September looks stacked, NHL, FIFA, Resistance 3, Dead Island, God of War
Just gears of war 3 for me till MW3 and Skyrim.

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
awesomo
HARD!

hacked PSPs are the greatest

SNES emulators!

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Oscar Acosta
I'm So Fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
hacked PSPs are the greatest

SNES emulators!
If only I wasn't too stupid to figure out how to do it. My PSP hasn't been turned on in probably 2+ years.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Just gears of war 3 for me till MW3 and Skyrim.
For me it's Gears 3, Forza 4 in October, BF 3 then as well and Halo Anniversary in November.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Zodiac

I have Dead Island and Battlefield 3 Limited Edition pre ordered already.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will be next on my list.

dunno if i'll bother with anything else before Xmas.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 06:52 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
If only I wasn't too stupid to figure out how to do it. My PSP hasn't been turned on in probably 2+ years.
its super easy, trust me. there are a number of step by step walkthroughs (some with pictures) that guide yuo right through the process

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 06:59 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I have Dead Island and Battlefield 3 Limited Edition pre ordered already.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will be next on my list.

dunno if i'll bother with anything else before Xmas.
I still hate the ****ing fact that you still have to sign into a completely separate account for BF3. Probably the reason I won't buy BF3 (for the PC) because you would have to have Origin for the PC.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I still hate the ****ing fact that you still have to sign into a completely separate account for BF3. Probably the reason I won't buy BF3 (for the PC) because you would have to have Origin for the PC.
separate account for BF3?

i used the same account that i used for all my EA games over the last few years when i played the Alpha.

i don't mind Origin ...i have a nice little collection of EA games going on there.

Old
08-28-2011, 07:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
separate account for BF3?

i used the same account that i used for all my EA games over the last few years when i played the Alpha.

i don't mind Origin ...i have a nice little collection of EA games going on there.
What I mean is, for the console version of the BF3, you will actually have to make a separate EA/Origin account just to play the game. Honestly, I kind of wish that it doesn't do that. Mainly because the stats service and whatnot in BC2 on the PC is ****ING RETARDED. It's notorious for not showing newly recorded stats, even though they have been recorded.

Old
08-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
What I mean is, for the console version of the BF3, you will actually have to make a separate EA/Origin account just to play the game. Honestly, I kind of wish that it doesn't do that. Mainly because the stats service and whatnot in BC2 on the PC is ****ING RETARDED. It's notorious for not showing newly recorded stats, even though they have been recorded.
ya that BC2 stat site sometimes takes a while to update. i've seen that before.

that new Battlelog service that they're using for BF3 should be a lot better than that tho. seemed really good so far.

Old
08-28-2011, 07:53 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
ya that BC2 stat site sometimes takes a while to update. i've seen that before.

that new Battlelog service that they're using for BF3 should be a lot better than that tho. seemed really good so far.
No I mean when I'm in BC2 on my PC, I could be playing for a long while then when I exit a game, it takes much longer to record stats, then after it's done, it says I have no unlocked weapons or any medals, yet they are all recorded on their servers. It's ****ing annoying as hell. Also considering there is no squad support (making a squad outside of a game) on the PC makes it worse as well... I love BC2, but jeez... Just saying, I've played since BF1942.

Old
08-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
No I mean when I'm in BC2 on my PC, I could be playing for a long while then when I exit a game, it takes much longer to record stats, then after it's done, it says I have no unlocked weapons or any medals, yet they are all recorded on their servers. It's ****ing annoying as hell. Also considering there is no squad support (making a squad outside of a game) on the PC makes it worse as well... I love BC2, but jeez... Just saying, I've played since BF1942.
dunno if i ever had that problem. i've had everything unlocked on there for so long, i can't remember.

Old
08-29-2011, 10:01 AM
lyrrad

So how come this thread doesn't have the poll anymore? I was interested in seeing how far ahead the PS3 would pull away this time around.

lyrrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Smeddy
Intangibles

I don't even like xbox, but this is a crazy deal. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...a52e6090a5en02

250gb xbox, 5 game download card, (Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Alan Wake, Fable III, Halo Wars) $30 bestbuy giftcard. $299

Considering wasting my money on it, but I probably won't.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean9 View Post
I don't even like xbox, but this is a crazy deal. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...a52e6090a5en02

250gb xbox, 5 game download card, (Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Alan Wake, Fable III, Halo Wars) $30 bestbuy giftcard. $299

Considering wasting my money on it, but I probably won't.
Since the games are download only you're stuck with them if you like them or not, can't trade them in to get games you actually would play. Alan Wake would be the only one I would give a **** about from those five.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Zodiac

might end up getting Dark Souls this fall, too, for PS3.

over the last year i've been using a jailbroken ps3, but today i reverted my ps3 back to official firmware 3.70.

reason is because the ps3 custom firmware scene seems to be pretty much dead and i've been using my ps3 less than ever. can't play online, can't play any new games that require new firmware ...so screw that.

i enjoyed the hell outta Demon's Souls, so i just might grab Dark Souls. looks good.

Old
08-29-2011, 07:02 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
might end up getting Dark Souls this fall, too, for PS3.

over the last year i've been using a jailbroken ps3, but today i reverted my ps3 back to official firmware 3.70.

reason is because the ps3 custom firmware scene seems to be pretty much dead and i've been using my ps3 less than ever. can't play online, can't play any new games that require new firmware ...so screw that.

i enjoyed the hell outta Demon's Souls, so i just might grab Dark Souls. looks good.
Demon's Souls is an amazing game. Not perfect, but it does so many things right and is still probably one of the most underlooked games I can think of in this generation. It won Gamespot's GOTY in 2009, but still it just gets buried by the shooter crowd.

Dark Souls is going to so ****ing epic. And yes, I'm getting it for the PS3 as well.

I also platinumed Demon's Souls in less than 200 hours.

Old
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Demon's Souls is an amazing game. Not perfect, but it does so many things right and is still probably one of the most underlooked games I can think of in this generation. It won Gamespot's GOTY in 2009, but still it just gets buried by the shooter crowd.

Dark Souls is going to so ****ing epic. And yes, I'm getting it for the PS3 as well.

I also platinumed Demon's Souls in less than 200 hours.
i have 97% of the trophies for Demon's Souls ...i think i just need to make the best poison weapon.

i played the hell outta that game tho when it was first released. was very addicting.

Old
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
i have 97% of the trophies for Demon's Souls ...i think i just need to make the best poison weapon.

i played the hell outta that game tho when it was first released. was very addicting.
You mean Mercury? Yeah that is a ***** and a half to get all those. I had a bunch of friends to help and I helped them as well. My one friend actually had to get the foe's ring for us by going the evil route. Another friend had to join our game as a black phantom just so we could kill Selen Vinland and get her Blind (they won't attack the Black Phantoms).

Old
08-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
You mean Mercury? Yeah that is a ***** and a half to get all those. I had a bunch of friends to help and I helped them as well. My one friend actually had to get the foe's ring for us by going the evil route. Another friend had to join our game as a black phantom just so we could kill Selen Vinland and get her Blind (they won't attack the Black Phantoms).
ya i think that's the one.

i think the 'easiest' way to get it was by grinding in world 3 with pure black tendency. by the time i got around to that, i just wasn't in the mood anymore.

Old
08-29-2011, 07:32 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
ya i think that's the one.

i think the 'easiest' way to get it was by grinding in world 3 with pure black tendency. by the time i got around to that, i just wasn't in the mood anymore.
I ****ing hate the Tower of Latria. The only thing I would of loved to see Demon's Souls to do what to make the extra stone (the one broken in the Nexus) become available through a DLC. That would of been awesome. You actually got yourself a full bladestone weapon? Also, what is your usual equipment?

Northern Regalia, +5 Sticky Compound Bow, Insanity Catalyst, Talisman of God, Ancient Armor set. And usually for rings, I go with either Avarice, Master's, Cling and Thief/Graverobbers.

Old
08-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
I ****ing hate the Tower of Latria. The only thing I would of loved to see Demon's Souls to do what to make the extra stone (the one broken in the Nexus) become available through a DLC. That would of been awesome. You actually got yourself a full bladestone weapon? Also, what is your usual equipment?

Northern Regalia, +5 Sticky Compound Bow, Insanity Catalyst, Talisman of God, Ancient Armor set. And usually for rings, I go with either Avarice, Master's, Cling and Thief/Graverobbers.
ya i made two different weapons with pure bladestone. got it by grinding the 4-2 area (i think) with pure black tendency. i found that easier than getting the elusive pure Mercury stuff.

the two pure bladestone weapons i made were Sharp Uchigatana +5 and a Sharp War Scythe +5.

one was a female dexterity build using the Sharp War Scythe +5. i think she was wearing the Beggar's set.

the other was a female dexterity build using the Sharp Uchigatana +5 ...two handed. i had her wearing various armor ...some of it was (i think) from the Assassin set, and some from that female executioner's set.

the shield i'd typically use was the Adjudicator's Shield upgraded all the way. i'd usually use a life regenerating ring with that in order to get some nice life regen.

another good build was the Faith build with the Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5. i made a male character using that and he was really good. excellent to kill invading human players with ...tho most people thought of it as kinda cheap.

Old
08-29-2011, 07:56 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
ya i made two different weapons with pure bladestone. got it by grinding the 4-2 area (i think) with pure black tendency. i found that easier than getting the elusive pure Mercury stuff.

the two pure bladestone weapons i made were Sharp Uchigatana +5 and a Sharp War Scythe +5.

one was a female dexterity build using the Sharp War Scythe +5. i think she was wearing the Beggar's set.

the other was a female dexterity build using the Sharp Uchigatana +5 ...two handed. i had her wearing various armor ...some of it was (i think) from the Assassin set, and some from that female executioner's set.

the shield i'd typically use was the Adjudicator's Shield upgraded all the way. i'd usually use a life regenerating ring with that in order to get some nice life regen.

another good build was the Faith build with the Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5. i made a male character using that and he was really good. excellent to kill invading human players with ...tho most people thought of it as kinda cheap.
I forgot to mention, for shields, I use either the Silver Shield or a +10 Purple Flame Shield.

Old
08-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Zodiac

ohya ...i forgot about that +5 Sticky Compound Bow.

i think that's why i gravitated towards dexterity builds after awhile ...since i could make good use of the bow, too.

kinda hard to remember since i haven't really played in over a year. i actually had to refer to the Demon's Souls wiki to remember the names of some of the stuff i was using.

Old
08-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Zodiac

Quote:

i remember Northern Regalia was a pretty popular choice among players.

there was something about it that i didn't really care for tho ...maybe it was the speed. can't really remember, but it might have been that it seemed a little slow to me or something.

edit: actually, i think it was because its power was determined by how good or bad your character was, or something like that. and i didn't want to have to worry about maintaining that one way or the other.