HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wsh-det-sjs

Old
08-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Leadzedder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
IMO you're not. He is an excellent all around player in my book and I would probably make that trade. Actually I almost certainly would.

Strong 2 way 2nd line center who is on a good contract..well they don't grow on trees.

But Sharks fans would know more since it really is hard for us to catch all that many Sharks games on the EC. From what I've seen I have not been dissappointed tho.

It would leave the Caps with a good deal of cap space would it not?

This I would see more feasible:

Joe Pavelski

Alexander Semin

Valtteri Filppula
Jason Chimera
COL 2nd 2013 (dont the caps have a choice between 2012 and 2013?)

Still weak for the Sharks a bit tho...I wouldn't do that if I was them.

As a wings fan that would love to have Semin, I'd be willing to add a pick. Preferrably a 2nd from next year or maybe even a 1st from 2013. I really like Holland's pattern of turning one 1st into two 2nds. But whatever it takes to get a high skill sniper for Datsyuk. So add a 2nd to SJ..... does that work? Seems light for Washington but whatever.

I'm sure McLellan would like having Filppula.

Leadzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I'm bored and there are 3 weeks left to hockey season.

Alexander Semin
COL 2nd 2013 or BOS 2nd 2012

Johan Franzen
Matthieu Perreault
DET 2nd 2012

Joe Pavelski
If I am Ken Holland I laugh and hang up the phone!

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Leadzedder

Yeah I wouldn't part with Franzen either but the other proposal with Filppula makes more sense. Truth is that Franzen deal isn't bad at all. The case could be made that Semin is the better player and the pick is probably better but still I wouldn't trade Franzen for Semin. It's a lateral move and I like Franzen just fine. We don't have alot of top line scoring wingers. We have an extra 2 way centerman.

Last edited by Leadzedder: 08-30-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old
08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post
As a wings fan that would love to have Semin, I'd be willing to add a pick. Preferrably a 2nd from next year or maybe even a 1st from 2013. I really like Holland's pattern of turning one 1st into two 2nds. But whatever it takes to get a high skill sniper for Datsyuk. So add a 2nd to SJ..... does that work? Seems light for Washington but whatever.

I'm sure McLellan would like having Filppula.
Well I think Washington has a strong need for a #2 center (Not that Johansson won't be one but I don't think he is ideal for this year and next perhaps) and Alex Semin, while a fantastic player, is on that last year of a $6.7 million deal.

It would address a need and free up ALOT cap space with Chimera gone as well ($8.5 mil total less Pavelski's $4 mil (?)...thats $4.5 of cap goodness. I mean and Pavelski is singed thru 2013 I believe.

Even if Detroit added a 2nd I'm not sure if the Sharks do it. They are trying to win now and while draft picks are nice I would think they'd want quality players. Maybe its just that I'm not as high on Filppula as some tho.

While I really like Semin's game compared to most Caps fans this is just my personal take and a 2nd and Alex Semin for Pavelski would not be enough lobsided in his favor for McPhee perhaps.

Again if I was the Sharks I wouldn't do it. Not enough immediate quality.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Leadzedder

Trading Pavelski and getting back Filppula, Chimera and (2) second rounders is pretty damn good.

Old
08-30-2011, 02:39 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Trading Pavelski and getting back Filppula, Chimera and (2) second rounders is pretty damn good.
I suppose. I guess I'm undervaluing Filppula if thats the case.

The Caps give up an awful lot but they fill a huge need for this year and the next few.

In the end while I'd do it GMGM prob would not. There is a reason he gets paid the big bucks and I throw out random thoughts on message boards. Same with Wilson.

Semin for Filppula and a 2nd is very very good for Detroit no question.

Old
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Leadzedder

Yup Flip and a second for Semin would be sweet. I choose to see the potential in acquiring Semin. Franzen is socially awkward too. I don't care about any of that. 40 goals is 40 goals. And I would think we'd get him signed.

As for the gap between Flip and PAvelski. Slight. But SJ fans should have an educated opinion. We've faced them 13(?) times in the playoffs the past 2 seasons. We're familiar with Pavelski. They shouuld be familiar with Filppula.

I know I wouldn't trade Flip plus 2 seconds for Pavelski.

As for Washington, if you say it's good..... it's good. Lets get this done.

Or cut SJ out of it. I'm guessing you have a man crush on Pavelski so Semin for Flip + doesn't work for you. I'm assuming Chimera is a dump that helps you out.

Semim
Chimera

for

Flip
2013 1st

So... instead of Pavelski, you get Flip but get to keep your 2nd and add a late first (30th)

No dice?

Last edited by Leadzedder: 08-30-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old
08-30-2011, 05:39 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Yup Flip and a second for Semin would be sweet. I choose to see the potential in acquiring Semin. Franzen is socially awkward too. I don't care about any of that. 40 goals is 40 goals. And I would think we'd get him signed.

As for the gap between Flip and PAvelski. Slight. But SJ fans should have an educated opinion. We've faced them 13(?) times in the playoffs the past 2 seasons. We're familiar with Pavelski. They shouuld be familiar with Filppula.

Or cut SJ out of it. I'm guessing you have a man crush on Pavelski so Semin for Flip + doesn't work for you. I'm assuming Chimera is a dump that helps you out.

Semim
Chimera

for

Flip
2013 1st

So... instead of Pavelski, you get Flip but get to keep your 2nd and add a late first (30th)

No dice?
That's not worth it at all, in my eyes. Filppula isn't good enough to warrant giving away the only scoring punch on our second line.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
That's not worth it at all, in my eyes. Filppula isn't good enough to warrant giving away the only scoring punch on our second line.
Ok. But would you for Pavelski?

Because if so, the scenario I just outlined is basically Pavelski vs. Flip, 1st, 2nd, 1 million in cap space. If Pavelski comes out on top I need to do 2 things..... 1. Watch more of this Pavelski guy. I had no idea. I may even order center ice. Pavelski, all day, everyday. And 2. Take Filppula out behind the barn and shoot him. Maybe even twice.

Old
08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Ok. But would you for Pavelski?

Because if so, the scenario I just outlined is basically Pavelski vs. Flip, 1st, 2nd, 1 million in cap space. If Pavelski comes out on top I need to do 2 things..... 1. Watch more of this Pavelski guy. I had no idea. I may even order center ice. Pavelski, all day, everyday. And 2. Take Filppula out behind the barn and shoot him. Maybe even twice.
Honestly, at this point I'd rather have Semin than Pavelski. Caps want a 2C to play with Semin, not to replace him. It also remains to be seen whether Joe could replicate his SJS numbers playing with the likes of Laich/Knuble/Brower/Ward.

Anyway, I don't think Sharks would trade Joe for Filppula + Det 1st.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Leadzedder

Right on. Might be tough sledding trying to get a 2C to play with Semin. Capwise.

As for the last bit... Flip and 1st for Pavelski. We'll never find out cause it would never be offered.

Old
08-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Right on. Might be tough sledding trying to get a 2C to play with Semin. Capwise.

As for the last bit... Flip and 1st for Pavelski. We'll never find out cause it would never be offered.
Detroit would be lucky to get Pavelski for so little. Filpulla's career high is 40 points. Pavelski has cracked 50 the last 3 years and at this point in his career is all but a shoe in for 60. His playoff PPG is also higher on a generally weaker playoff team. Filpulla is closer to Belanger than Pavelski in value.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Leadzedder

Whatever dude

That sounds like a bait into a long debate that in the end will just make me dumber. I'll pass.

Last edited by Leadzedder: 08-30-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old
08-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Halpysback

Yes, ignoring facts is the path to enlightenment.

Old
08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Yes, ignoring facts is the path to enlightenment.
What facts?

Actually I don't even care. Pavelski gets more points then Filppula. It's true. You win.

Old
08-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I love it when people argue with people on my ignore list. It's hilarious to watch them talk to themselves.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 08:14 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:

Semim
Chimera

for

Flip
2013 1st

No dice?
I'm the one who likes Pavelski. I actually originally had Perreault in there, but a SJS poster requested Chimera instead, so I happily obliged. I also believe I had a DET pick in there to SJS instead of one from WSH, which balances things a little more, and a conditional pick to Detroit on Semin signing.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I'm the one who likes Pavelski. I actually originally had Perreault in there, but a SJS poster requested Chimera instead, so I happily obliged. I also believe I had a DET pick in there to SJS instead of one from WSH, which balances things a little more, and a conditional pick to Detroit on Semin signing.
Tell a person a story. He tells it to another person. So on and so forth and 20 people later the story turns out different.

Good basis of a proposal though. Hard to get 3 fanbases to agree on equal value. From a Detroit side Filppula + whatever picks it requires and I'd say we're happy.

Old
08-30-2011, 10:20 PM
canada eh

i cant even believe there are semin defenders out there right now... i dont know how much clearer anyone can make it for you when an ex-teammate blatanly calls him a lazy player and explicitly says he didnt even show up for the playoffs. its ridiculous. i can all but guarantee that semin will never win a stanley cup because hes the prototypical money driven russian. But haterz gonna hate

canada eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 11:59 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe dragger18 View Post
i cant even believe there are semin defenders out there right now... i dont know how much clearer anyone can make it for you when an ex-teammate blatanly calls him a lazy player and explicitly says he didnt even show up for the playoffs. its ridiculous. i can all but guarantee that semin will never win a stanley cup because hes the prototypical money driven russian. But haterz gonna hate
but your the hater, and also your very ignorant watch semin play

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Yeah, he didn't show up so much he was only their best player against the Rangers by a fair margin. As far as the Lightning, who showed up exactly?

How many points did Matt Bradley have these playoffs again?

Old
08-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Oh, and I suppose Pavelski tore up the playoffs this year? Or does he have better carrier postseason numbers?

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:45 AM
CBJenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Honestly, at this point I'd rather have Semin than Pavelski. Caps want a 2C to play with Semin, not to replace him. It also remains to be seen whether Joe could replicate his SJS numbers playing with the likes of Laich/Knuble/Brower/Ward.

Anyway, I don't think Sharks would trade Joe for Filppula + Det 1st.
How do they compare to Torrey Mitchell and Kyle Wellwood. Because those were Pavs partners for most of the year last year.

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 08:00 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Those guys you mention are all darn good north south players that drive the net and could all score 20 goals (well Ward maybe not).

But ..remember...if the Caps make the deal sending Chimera too that would free up $4.5 million in cap space to get a winger to play on the 2nd line if they so chose to.

Also going forward they'd have a 2C locked in whereas Semin is a UFA and will want money the Caps can't give him.

But I agree..player for player for this year I'd rather have Semin. But there are other factors involved (salary cap, UFA status etc)

Old
08-31-2011, 08:08 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
he's a darn good player that any team would love to have. Does he have some issues? Sure sometimes. But there are a lot of players far from perfect. The difference is Semin has the ability to absolutely take over a game and despite his flaws his pros greatly outweigh his cons.