HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Tough as nails, he'd lay in front of a train if he had to for the team."

Old
08-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Can you have 3 A's and a C or if you have a C you can only have 2 A's. Cuz I was thinking Cally C, Staal A, Richie A, Duby A. But if you can only have 2 A's, I'd go with Cally C, Staal A, Richie A.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:26 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

i think you can only have 3 letters worn on a team at a time. of course we had 3 "A"s at one point during the Jagr years, but i think that was only because we didnt have a "C". under normal circumstances 1 "C" and 2 "A".

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:36 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
We are so privileged to have a hockey player as great as Callahan on our team. While I think he's a little young to be captain, he truly does deserve the C. Richards could bring a lot to the table with his leadership as well, but I think it's far more important that he focuses on his play. This is his first year in NY and putting him in the lime light more than he has to be would be a mistake, not that I don't think Richards could handle it, I just think he's better off without the C.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Can you have 3 A's and a C or if you have a C you can only have 2 A's. Cuz I was thinking Cally C, Staal A, Richie A, Duby A. But if you can only have 2 A's, I'd go with Cally C, Staal A, Richie A.
The rule is a limit of 2 A's per game, but many teams pass their A's around from game to game.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The rule is a limit of 2 A's per game, but many teams pass their A's around from game to game.
But you can have three alternates if you have no captain.

08-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
But you can have three alternates if you have no captain.
Right.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 01:46 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Prucha scored 30 too.
almost forgot about him. he looked real good for us that year come to think of it.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 08:53 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I will take 30-30 from Ryan every year..That is beyond solid..I can't believe those numbers are approaching first line numbers in todays game..Its funny how the numbers have changed the last 20 years..First liners use to put up 50-50...

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsequalscup View Post
At best he's a 30-30 guy. He's talked about as a superstar by Rangers fans. Good player, valuable wing to have on a team. He's not the guy you look to when you need a goal in a 1-1 game in the third period of a playoff game.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I will take 30-30 from Ryan every year..That is beyond solid..I can't believe those numbers are approaching first line numbers in todays game..Its funny how the numbers have changed the last 20 years..First liners use to put up 50-50...
Sadness. 30-30 is good. If that can happen, or more every year... the other teams will be going

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
was thinking about this last night. a 2nd line center usually was scoring 70-80 points 10-15 years ago.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:50 AM
pcakes87

Cally sets the tone for this team night in and night out and he will get the C over Richards. Nothing against Brad but Ryan is the pulse of this franchise. Rangers are finally committing to their own players and while Richards is an excellent addition he does not deserve the captaincy over Callahan. I think we can all agree.

pcakes87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
O rly?

Big deal - that was against Brodeur in the POs. Trap Made Me Great Fats hasn't stopped a puck when it matters since the lockout.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:19 PM
gotmonte

Callahan has struck the hearts of the rangers fans like Todd Harvey did when he first came to "us".

Boy I loved Todd Harvey. "the Sparkplug" and I sure as $hit Love Callahan. One of my fav's on this team.

He is the captain whether he wears the c or not.

Also someone posted on twitter that callahan during the practice brought the players over to go over some drills and running. Just the way the twitter stated it, like he was the captain telling his troops what to do (not what TO do, but like what we SHOULD be doing.. I dont want to sound like he is a d!ck or something)

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:32 PM
gotmonte

Can anyone agree with me that Callahan is a LOT like Drury in his early days but with more spark and voice?

He is not a superstar but is to the fans of the team he plays for. Makes big plays during BIG TIMES. He is looked upon by the coach in EVERY facet of the game (and yes Torts has verbally said so a number of times this past offseason).

Callahan is the perfect mix of a player. Willing to fight. Blocks shots. Crashes the net hard. Has great sense on the ice. Has the teams respect. Has the fans respect. Has the coaches respect as well as all of Management. Pots the goals. makes the plays. Stands up for his players no matter what. Is great with the media and fans. Never comes off cocky in an interview and never seems lost for words. Tells it like it is.

I know people around here didn't like Drury for his contract and that he got washed up quickly with us and him being a captain seemed silly as he seemed like he was in a coma all the time. BUT.. Drury of the past with the Avalanche was a very special thing. Not a goal monster but definitely scored a good amount of goals. Was huge and potted that goal when needed and was biiiig in overtime goals. I just see a lot of comparisons of the both of them but of drury in the younger years PLUS Callahan has the voice and tenacity to go with it.

Old
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Can anyone agree with me that Callahan is a LOT like Drury in his early days but with more spark and voice?

He is not a superstar but is to the fans of the team he plays for. Makes big plays during BIG TIMES. He is looked upon by the coach in EVERY facet of the game (and yes Torts has verbally said so a number of times this past offseason).

Callahan is the perfect mix of a player. Willing to fight. Blocks shots. Crashes the net hard. Has great sense on the ice. Has the teams respect. Has the fans respect. Has the coaches respect as well as all of Management. Pots the goals. makes the plays. Stands up for his players no matter what. Is great with the media and fans. Never comes off cocky in an interview and never seems lost for words. Tells it like it is.

I know people around here didn't like Drury for his contract and that he got washed up quickly with us and him being a captain seemed silly as he seemed like he was in a coma all the time. BUT.. Drury of the past with the Avalanche was a very special thing. Not a goal monster but definitely scored a good amount of goals. Was huge and potted that goal when needed and was biiiig in overtime goals. I just see a lot of comparisons of the both of them but of drury in the younger years PLUS Callahan has the voice and tenacity to go with it.
Callahan is exactly the player Drury was about 8 years ago.

I said it when Drury was signed, Callahan will be the biggest benefactor of that signing.

Hopefully Callahan can do the same for a young player like Hagelin or Bourque or someone like that.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:54 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
wow, i never even realized it was that low. it was jagr's 54 goal campaign in 05-06 followed up by 30 in 06-7, and finally gaborik's 42 goal campaign in 09-10. that is pretty crazy come to think of it. back to the topic, i think cally gets the c, staal gets the a and im not going to be shocked one bit if richie gets an a over dubinsky. i think the bigger question hould really be who will be getting the final a on their jersey. im 99.99 percent sure cally gets the c.
I believe if Dubinsky does NOT get an "A" you will see a melt-down of a player. I know he has gotten better at his ego but I just think if he gets the "A" "taken away" from him and given to the "new guy" he will just regress and I dont think a regressed Dubinsky is what we need right now.

Again this is MY OPINION but I am basing it off his young career and his ego in the beginning. You dont just "get rid of" your big ego right away. You might quell it and not show it so much, but inside it is imbedded. You dont just grow a big ego over night. He probably had it in juniors and in highschool and in his clique cause if you have an ego on the big club, chances are you have had a big ego throughout your young life.

Again JUST MY OPINION.

Now saying that, I LOVE DUBINSKY. So dont take it that I am bashing him. But it is something he has had to work on over the last few years.