HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

League of Legends

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2011, 08:53 PM
BeBen*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
Sometimes. Usually everything is fine. This is the longest I've had to wait. I'd say 75% of the time, no problem. 20% of the time 15 minutes max delay. 5% over 15 minutes wait.

For a free game, you can't ask for much more.
**** the free game argument, they make so much more money that ANY other game

Their servers are ****, always has been

Their infracstructure is old and completely out of date

Their client with adobe air is the biggest piece of **** ever, they're just now starting to make some changes that should have been so long ago

Old
08-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Ugh, finally get into a match and 2 people aren't connecting

Old
08-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Buddio
CFC

Most epic match EVAR.

Down 4v5 whole game. Laning by myself at top as Karthus. So epic, me and this Yi were ****** the whole game, the Yi was flawless and my ult was touching 1500 damage. We won and I had 4 death caps

Will post pic soon.

Old
08-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Buddio
CFC

Old
08-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Buddio
CFC

And I only got 127 IP

Old
08-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Sensfanman

Looks like a bot game hahaha. Well done.

Old
08-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
Looks like a bot game hahaha. Well done.
It was crazy, since we were a man short I stayed behind at the nexus to protect so they can't sneek up on us, so obviously I got hordes of Super minions and my E was taking a whole crowd down in a second or two.

Old
08-29-2011, 03:14 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

So, I tried to get back into LoL a bit... (DotA League site was down most of the day for maintenance).

Results?
3 Ashe games, 2 wins.
1 Talon game, utter failure.

I got called a n00b in 2 games by what I imagine to be 12 years olds.
And considering I truly did play a hard-core ricing Ashe with ganks (DotA history has its advantages) which I mainly won with (winning percentage about 80%... most of my losses came on experimenting heroes like Shaco etc.)...
It was rather disheartening to see myself suck as much as I did.

The main problem right now isn't even to act against my instincts from DotA (denying, etc.), it's that - not having played in a year or so - I have no clue what half the heroes do... So I keep getting WTFpwned by the said "unknown" heroes.

One thing I did notice is that Trynde was in each of those 4 games and. I played him before and he was rather mediocre... But again, that was a year ago...

Old
08-29-2011, 07:55 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Hey i'm in that screenshot!

Btw next time you get a game this long don't stack Rabadabadingdongs, the passive is unique so it's kinda pointless

Old
08-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
So, I tried to get back into LoL a bit... (DotA League site was down most of the day for maintenance).

Results?
3 Ashe games, 2 wins.
1 Talon game, utter failure.

I got called a n00b in 2 games by what I imagine to be 12 years olds.
And considering I truly did play a hard-core ricing Ashe with ganks (DotA history has its advantages) which I mainly won with (winning percentage about 80%... most of my losses came on experimenting heroes like Shaco etc.)...
It was rather disheartening to see myself suck as much as I did.

The main problem right now isn't even to act against my instincts from DotA (denying, etc.), it's that - not having played in a year or so - I have no clue what half the heroes do... So I keep getting WTFpwned by the said "unknown" heroes.

One thing I did notice is that Trynde was in each of those 4 games and. I played him before and he was rather mediocre... But again, that was a year ago...
Yeah, there are a lot of new, strong heroes, especially over a year. I started in like May, right when Vayne was released and since then there's been like 5 new heroes, specifically Orianna who is very game changing.

As for Tryn, he got reworked and is a bit better now with the fury system. Still really obnoxious with his ult and tower diving but, unless he gets fed, he's more distracting then anything.

Old
08-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Buddio
CFC

I raged at a feeder harder then I have ever raged in a game before. 0-18-2 before the 20 minute mark

I feel like BeBen.....

Old
08-31-2011, 07:31 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
I raged at a feeder harder then I have ever raged in a game before. 0-18-2 before the 20 minute mark

I feel like BeBen.....
It's only gonna get worst, especially at 30 when you actually expect people to have the experience and skills necessary to tell themselves to play passively if they get killed once or twice in lane

Nothing against bad games if i see they're trying not to die but 0-18 is just intentional feeding to me

The most frustrating game ever involves a Ranked game where i was playing solo top Udyr, dominating my lane against a Mordekaiser (that's something) where mid went 0-7 against the enemy Anivia in 8 minutes

From that point on Anivia was just going around the map ganking people, she combo'd me on my tower even through my turtle shield i couldn't believe it

It was a loss forgiven though because of servers problems but i was seriously boiling from rage cause i had won my lane, and it was a really though one to win

Old
08-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Sensfanman

Quote:

I feel like BeBen.....
We've all been there, then you say something like "Stop feeding, play back" and they'll be like "**** you, I'm going to jungle then, screw mid" then you'll see "A minion has killed Idiot" then they'll quit and everyone in the game reports that person.

Old
08-31-2011, 09:13 AM
BeBen*

Oh god, Karthus free week

Old
08-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Buddio
CFC

^ Yeah man just got into a Karthus battle at mid yesterday. I won that lane with ease, the idiot had no idea how to use active E during the game (without draining all of his mana). Then the scrub started chriping my that I bought a skin for a free to play champ.

I lol'ed.

Old
08-31-2011, 11:32 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
This game is ****ing addicting. I played it for like a week and a half and dropped 50 bucks on it

Old
08-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Zodiac

what can you buy?

is it just various armor and weapons?

Old
09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
ChaoticOrange

Nothing aggravates me more then a guy *****ing and moaning and calling people noobs all game when they suck just as bad or worse. My buddy didnt have the greatest game (2-10-13 as annie) but he didnt either (8-16-4 as Pantheon). This guy would not shut up to the point that he pissed the other guys off to the point where they just left him to die.

I went 9-8-21 as Tristiana...if anyone cares

Old
09-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 50
I've heard this game is HoN for casuals.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakTheWallsDown View Post
I understand your point but getting stronger with more experience is far less of a stretch than blatantly murdering your allies in battle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia#History

Old
09-01-2011, 07:49 AM
BeBen*

Don't bring your HoN vs LoL **** in here

This isin't 4chan, if you want to just start **** do it somewhere else please

Old
09-01-2011, 07:53 AM
BeBen*

What : PC Gamer November Edition
When : September 13
How much : Around 9$

The skin rumored to be included with the code is the Arctic Warfare skin (seen above) which makes 100% sense because the splash art was leaked couple weeks ago and the skin has yet to be released

If you don't own Caitlyn (like most of us in here) it will also unlock the champion, currently the skin is exclusive only to the magazine but i don't know, they never did anything like that (except PAX skins) so it's hard to say if it's gonna be sold in store or not

The champion is 975 RP which is around 8$...so with the champ, the skin and let's not forget the magazine it's completely worth it, i'm gonna get it

Just need to find a place that sell it in Montreal

Oh and for those not familiar with Caitlyn yet, she's arguably the #1 AD carry in the game currently since they nerfed Corki and nerfed Ashe's ult, so definitely worth to have her

Old
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Buddio
CFC

Can't wait to play Caitlyn, and with a nice skin to boot.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:50 PM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Can't wait to play Caitlyn, and with a nice skin to boot.
She's so fun. So much damage with her Q ability. Bought her when she was on sale, and now she's my main AD Carry. The only thing that will frustrate you to no end when playing her is someone walking in front of your Ult. Fuuuuuuuu....

Gonna pick up the magazine for the skin I think. Haven't bought a PC Gamer magazine in like.... 8 years.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:56 PM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
what can you buy?

is it just various armor and weapons?
You can't buy anything that will directly improve you in game, and give you an advantage. Also, Armor and Weapons are all bought directly in the actual match, not outside of that. Each match is a separate game, so the items you buy do not carry over. You start off at level 1 in each match, and so on.

In the store you can buy runes and new characters with the points you earn after each game. You can also unlock new characters with real money, you can then buy different skins for the characters, so they look different (doesn't improve you in any ways, but some of the skins are absolutely amazingly well done).

Closed Thread