HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York Rangers 2011-12

Old
08-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Son of Donegal

vCash: 500
New York Rangers 2011-12

You NY fans have to be excited for next year. You have all the pieces to make a deep run. You have a lot of cool new acquistions, speed, size and skill as well as a blend of youth and veteran talent...a good coach and elite goaltending.

A few questions for you:

Is Del Zotto the real deal? Can he run your powerplay in 2011-2012? If not, who mans the point?

How about Derek Stepan? What are your point projections for him?

Gaborik? Is he going to man up and start playing to win long term?

Mant thanks!

Son of Donegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Faxius

Top Line RW if/when Gaborik goes down?

He's very injury prone, and hypothetically if he were to miss say ~20gms (not saying he will) who would you like to get most time as the top line RW?

Faxius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 11:36 AM
NYR Viper

IF MDZ makes the team, he has a shot to be the opposite point man on the PP from Richards. Richards will be the QB for sure.

There are (2) spots open on defense, and we all feel that MDZ, Erixon and Valentenko have the best shots, while McIlrath, Kundratek and Parlett have outside shots as well.

IMO Stepan has the ability to put up 50-55 points this season. I would be surprised if he has more than 20 goals, but I would think his assist totals will be going up with a year of experience.

I think Gaborik regains his form and scores 45 this season. I also think he helps Richards top 25 goals. He is a better playmaker than people give him credit for.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxius View Post
He's very injury prone, and hypothetically if he were to miss say ~20gms (not saying he will) who would you like to get most time as the top line RW?
Why? Really, explain why you would even start this thread. Ultimate jinx.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Vitto79

don't jinx it!

Callahan obviously

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 11:38 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
1. Del Zotto will probably be getting 2nd unit team, because even if he breaks out, Richards will be the default "PPQB" on the first unit.

2. I have him pegged, realistically, at about 50/55 points next season - however, I wouldn't be surprised if he 'slumped' somewhat, or even broke out with a 65 point season, it's hard to say. It'll be interesting to see if he can challenge Anisimov for the 2nd line center spot.

3. With Gaborik, it's hard to tell. He clearly has the talent to be a 40 goal scorer in this league, his issues seem to derive from a lack of confidence and injuries. I would think that he gets at least 30/30 this year, with potential for 45/40.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Donegal View Post
You NY fans have to be excited for next year. You have all the pieces to make a deep run. You have a lot of cool new acquistions, speed, size and skill as well as a blend of youth and veteran talent...a good coach and elite goaltending.

A few questions for you:

Is Del Zotto the real deal? Can he run your powerplay in 2011-2012? If not, who mans the point?

Mant thanks!
Del zotto will be given another chance. I think they give Erixon a chance too believe it or not.

Stepan will have a MODEST improvement.

Gaborik will be fine.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Faxius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Why? Really, explain why you would even start this thread. Ultimate jinx.
I'm interested to see if people would be happy with splitting up the Pack-line since the general consensus is that Wolski will start as #1 LW, which leaves the Pack-line intact.

Old
08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Del zotto will be given another chance. I think they give Erixon a chance too believe it or not.

Stepan will have a MODEST improvement.

Gaborik will be fine.
I read Erixon has a very hard shot, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be on the #1 unit across from Richards. I expect Stepan to hit a slump and wind up with 40-45 points.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:16 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
I'm interested to see if people would be happy with splitting up the Pack-line since the general consensus is that Wolski will start as #1 LW, which leaves the Pack-line intact.
That isn't general consensus at all. I think a lot of Ranger fans want Dubinsky as the #1 LW, me included.

Old
08-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I read Erixon has a very hard shot, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be on the #1 unit across from Richards. I expect Stepan to hit a slump and wind up with 40-45 points.
Im not expecting an improvement in Stepan's numbers from last season, but that doesnt necessarily mean he'd be slumping.

Ill be looking for some vital things like an improvement to his skating and overall strength.

He was given some opportunities last season to put up some points that will not be available this year with the arrival of Richards, who will be chewing up big ice time.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Nope, not a general consensus. Maybe from the people that fell in love with the Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line last season, but it would not be whats best for the team this season.

Dubinsky is pretty much tailor made to be the bulldog on that line - to go into the dirty areas and win the battles along the boards so the skill guys like Richards and Gaborik can do their thing.

The overall level of softness in a Wolski-Richards-Gaborik line scares me, quite honestly.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Yes I am very excited for the upcoming season

Primetime Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Son of Donegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Nope, not a general consensus. Maybe from the people that fell in love with the Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line last season, but it would not be whats best for the team this season.

Dubinsky is pretty much tailor made to be the bulldog on that line - to go into the dirty areas and win the battles along the boards so the skill guys like Richards and Gaborik can do their thing.

The overall level of softness in a Wolski-Richards-Gaborik line scares me, quite honestly.
Yeah...I don't put Wolski on the top line for 5 on 5 play. Too soft/fragile/inconsistent. Maybe give him some 1st line PP minutes? But, having Dubinsky or even Callahan (can he play LW?) on the top line would be tougher to match up against. If Dubinsky goes to the top line...you still have some serious 2nd line depth with Stepan, Callahan and Wolski.

What do you guys think of Boyle?

Old
08-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Faxius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
That isn't general consensus at all. I think a lot of Ranger fans want Dubinsky as the #1 LW, me included.
I was referring to the Rangers Board Lineup Poll where Wolski got more votes than Dubi. Even if Wolski only won by a mere 8 votes. TBH, I'd rather see Dubi on the topline as well, but I'm willing to give Wolski a chance to prove his worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That's what I'm interested in finding out. Would those people be willing to split up the Pack-line to put Cally as #1 RW?

Old
08-31-2011, 12:44 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
What do you guys think of Boyle?
He's a God among mere, weak men.

But, seriously, he's an amazing piece to have in the bottom 6. Very good penalty killer, good shot, good hands, and he's a fantastic team guy. He's good in every facet of the game. He can play any position (even defense, although we don't need him there, LOL), and can sub in on any line. Very versatile.

Old
08-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Son of Donegal

His photo on Hockey Forecaster makes him look like a mean *******, too!

http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?3487

Old
08-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He's a God among mere, weak men.

But, seriously, he's an amazing piece to have in the bottom 6. Very good penalty killer, good shot, good hands, and he's a fantastic team guy. He's good in every facet of the game. He can play any position (even defense, although we don't need him there, LOL), and can sub in on any line. Very versatile.
I love Brian Boyle. The real one that plays in the NHL. (But i love you like that fellow ranger brother I never had.) He needs to stay here. He's tough and can score, and he's huge.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 01:35 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
That line will 100% be broken up.

Tortorella isn't an idiot, he's not going to put a guy who wont fight for the puck on a line with two finesse players. Dubinsky is the right guy for Richards and Gaborik. I have confidence Tortorella has enough common sense.

Wolski would benefit from playing with guys like Callahan and Anisimov. Who can both cover for Wolski's turnovers and fight for the puck in the corners and down low.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 01:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

A few questions for you:

Mant thanks!
We don't have many new acquisitions. Richards, Rupp, and Erixon. Everyone else is the same.

Del Zotto just needs focus and confidence. No reason he can't finally start to become the player we hope for. 30-35 points. He should get plenty of PP time if he keeps a roster spot.

Richards will QB PP1. Either at the point or on the half-boards.

Gaborik should produce a ton this year. He's never had a passer like Richards to be paired up with. And Richards has never really had a shooter like Gaborik, either. In theory its a match made in heaven. 40-50 goals from Gaborik. 50-60 assist from Richards.

Stepan, could break out for a 50-60 point season. He could regress (doubtful) or be about the same. "Thanks captain obvious". But its the truth. We don't know. But knowing his mental makeup, he will do whatever it takes to progress. I feel he will put up 50+ points and eventually chase Anisimov from the second line center position. I feel Anisimov is better suited as a third line defensive forward, anyway. He has a lot of skill, but his bread and butter is being VERY good away from the puck.

Wolski is not going to be on that top line. No way. He isn't suited for it. He isn't the kind of player that Richards and Gaborik will need to compliment them. Dubinsky is. He's perfect for that spot. And he's primed for a huge season. 60-70 points.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 02:20 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:

A few questions for you:

Mant thanks!

1) Del Zotto has all the skills to be a PP QB. He just needs to work on his confidence shooting the puck as well as his accuracy. With Richards running the PP, I can see MDZ flourish.

The points should be Richards on the right side and MDZ on the left, but Erixon might be option 1a.

2) I see Stepan taking a small step back. Sophomore slump, and it happens to the best of them. I would say 15-18 goals and 20-25 assists but long bouts of not scoring

3) I can see Gaborik with another 35-40 goal season. Easily. I just hope Torts doesnt freak out and break them up if they struggle early on. If they stay together all season, I can see Richards and Gaborik both hit 75-80 points

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 07:31 AM
ohbaby

Quote:

A few questions for you:

Mant thanks!
MDZ has been in Torts Chateau Bow Wow many times the past 2 years. With Richards here now, he is not needed anymore to QB the PP. I don't think he has a big future here in NY. He is determined to make a big impact in camp, but I have no doubt that Torts will work against him. He has been a defensive liability. He will need a huge camp and even then he still be on probation.

Stepan might suffer the sophmore slump. I figure another 40 pts with 3rd line minutes which is pretty good considering.

Gabby might have his best year ever with Richards. If they both remain heathy. And if MDZ makes the cut, Gabby will benefit with his breakout passes.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote