Quote:
Originally Posted by prdbsfan
Who goes down? Anyone?
Um, no comment.....

Old
10-23-2003, 09:51 AM
BruinsGod II

vCash: 500
You can't keep Lapointe on that line .. God Love him, he works his tail off .. Classy as they come but he will only slow those two down ..
Green is the best option right now .. Not only is he stellar on draws and excellent defensively, he has the speed and hands to keep up with those two burners (Zina and Sammy)

Old
10-23-2003, 09:57 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGod II
You can't keep Lapointe on that line .. God Love him, he works his tail off .. Classy as they come but he will only slow those two down ..
Green is the best option right now .. Not only is he stellar on draws and excellent defensively, he has the speed and hands to keep up with those two burners (Zina and Sammy)
I was thinking the same thing last night, but Lapointe doesn't belong on the fourth line.

Oh, well. It's better to have too many good players than too few...

Old
10-23-2003, 09:59 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdbsfan
Who goes down? Anyone?
No one gets sent down... When the B's sent Stock and Huml to Providence, it left Boston with a 22-man roster. Zinovjev would be taking the 23rd roster spot.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-23-2003, 10:01 AM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGod II
Knuble is not that great with the puck, he has a great shot and grinds well..He cant really "keep up" up with Murray and Thornton skill wise..but because of his hard work, he gels...Same could be said for Marty...but I bet we see Donato sit out and Zino take his place on the fourth line...maybe spot duty on the powerplay...but I really doubt he plays on the second line anyways..at least for his first game....

Old
10-23-2003, 10:05 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
Knuble is not that great with the puck, he has a great shot and grinds well..He cant really "keep up" up with Murray and Thornton skill wise..but because of his hard work, he gels...Same could be said for Marty...but I bet we see Donato sit out and Zino take his place on the fourth line...maybe spot duty on the powerplay...but I really doubt he plays on the second line anyways..at least for his first game....
I think you'll see Grosek take a seat before Donato will sit. Donato is sound defensively, and jives well with Sandy M.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:14 AM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
I think you'll see Grosek take a seat before Donato will sit. Donato is sound defensively, and jives well with Sandy M.
True..I would agree...but I think they need a second line center..so hence why I said Donato..He has played well so far, but I think they might want to give Zino a shot to see if he has what it takes to be a center...but you could be right it might be Grosek...heck maybe both and Samuellson will play...who knows whats up Sully's sleaves...

Old
10-23-2003, 10:18 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
True..I would agree...but I think they need a second line center..so hence why I said Donato..He has played well so far, but I think they might want to give Zino a shot to see if he has what it takes to be a center...but you could be right it might be Grosek...heck maybe both and Samuellson will play...who knows whats up Sully's sleaves...
Sorry, when I was yapping about Donato, I was talking about the 4th line in that case. I definitely think they should put Zinovjev on the 2nd line with Samsonov... and either Lapointe or Green on the other wing.

Then the fourth line would be Donato-McCarthy-Green/Lapointe or keep Lapointe on the second line and make it Green-McCarthy-Grosek. I was just saying that I thought Grosek would sit before Donato would as far as fourth-line duty. Donato or Green can center the fourth line.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:20 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

The only 4th liner I def want in the lineup tonight is McCarthy. We need someone to beat the snot out of Hill. If Zino forces either Donato or Grosek into the pressbox for tonights game I won't really care which it is. Both have played well lately. I'd probably prefer Grosek sits because of his penalty's the other night, as well as being able to use Donato on the penalty kill.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
How's Zinovjev on faceoffs? If he's not that great, I say keep Green as the C, and play Zino on the wing.... But if Zino can handle faceoffs, then have him between Samsonov and Lapointe (like everyone seems to want). Hopefully he'll spark some offense on the 2nd line, then we'll really have a forward corps to compete with any in the league.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:29 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Any chance that the quick recall was part of the agreement that Zino made with MO before going down to providence.

Either way. I'm pretty happy to see him up. I hope they give Zino a long look as the second line center, because they need to know what they have here before they consider making any moves

Old
10-23-2003, 10:31 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns
The only 4th liner I def want in the lineup tonight is McCarthy. We need someone to beat the snot out of Hill. If Zino forces either Donato or Grosek into the pressbox for tonights game I won't really care which it is. Both have played well lately. I'd probably prefer Grosek sits because of his penalty's the other night, as well as being able to use Donato on the penalty kill.
Yep, I think they should throw Zino right into the 2nd line duty. See how he handles it. If they scoped him out like Bergeron, he may just fit like a glove. I think Mahty should play his wing......I like how he's taken to Bergeron as the protector and mentor. He can help keep him healthy, while sammy translates!

Old
10-23-2003, 12:01 PM
sagginb

How about...

Knuble/Thornton/Murray
Axelsson/Rolston/Bergeron
Samsonov/Zinovjev/McCarthy
Donato-or-Grosek/Green/Lapointe

...would that line of Sammy and Zinovjev be to much a risk????

I also agree with those already posted lines of...

Knuble/Thornton/Murray
Axelsson/Rolston/Bergeron
Samsonov/Zinovjev/Lapointe
Donato-or-Grosek/Green/McCarthy

...add in Zamuner and this team has alot of depth (and options) up front!!!

Old
10-23-2003, 12:07 PM
neelynugs

zinovjev is a very smart two-way player. i think he can be effective on any line that he plays.

you know, i've been thinking about it, and i'm wondering how much different zinovjev is from petr cajanek of stlouis. both guys played overseas for several years (although cajanek is 28 now)- both play sound two-way hockey, both skate very well, both have slick hands. cajanek is 5'11", 195lbs. zinovjev is supposedly 5'10, 185lbs. not much difference in size...anyone who has seen cajanek- can you comment? i know it's probably tough, since most of you haven't seen zino yet either

Old
10-23-2003, 12:51 PM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Could be wrong, but I'm inclined to doubt they're going to immediately put a player with all of zero games of NHL experience on the second line. Maybe after a game or two they'll try it, but don't be disappointed if Zino's linemates tonight are MacCarthy and Grosek.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:37 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirtbag
If I'm Mike Sullivan this is how I'd pair up my forward lines:

Knuble - Thornton - Murray
Samsonov - Zinovjev - Lapointe
Axelsson - Rolston - Bergeron
Grosek - Green - McCarthy

Donato is the player I'd sit for tonight!
Beat me to it, Joe!

Donato has shown his hustle game of old, but I want to see Zino play tonight!

Old
10-23-2003, 02:22 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Great stuff, I hope the kid does good in his first game with the B's.

Old
10-23-2003, 07:29 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirtbag
Sullivan's decision to scratch Zinovjev was a bad one IMO. Sullivan had an entire road trip to see that Sammy isnt working well with Green as his Center pivot. Green is best suited as a 4th line Center and Penalty Killer. Zinovjev should have been showcased tonight instead of role playing 4th line fodder.
I'm sure he'll get some playing time. It was probably good for him to watch a game first and attend a practice.

Closed Thread