HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel's Sleepless Nights & Accountability

Old
09-01-2011, 12:07 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Daniel's Sleepless Nights & Accountability

The 2nd part of the Subject is my added title:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374878

Quote:
"For a couple of weeks afterwards you think about it every day," Sedin said Wednesday after skating with several other players at a local arena. "You try to think what went wrong.

"It was a tough time. You get stronger from that too. If we learned a few lessons, I think we will be ready for this year."
This is the part I'm really happy that he stated:
Quote:
The twins struggled in the final. Daniel had one goal and three assists in seven games. Henrik, the Canucks' captain, led the playoffs with 19 assists but didn't manage one against the Bruins.

Daniel Sedin said he knows that will give the brother's critics more ammunition.

"We didn't produce the way we wanted to produce," he said. "Our only chance is to produce.

"If we don't do that, we're losers. That's the way it is."
Atleast he admits to his shortcomings in the finals and identifies that he wasnt nearly good enough. It's (IMO) the right attitude to have to move forward and learn from your mistakes.

I'd love to hear what Luongo says.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:32 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

The Sedins are going to do exactly what they've done the entire time they've been NHL players. Absorb a mountain of **** from the press after a disappointment, learn from it, and work harder to be better next time.

There is no Luongo comment that won't be turned into a negative.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:42 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

vCash: 500
I like the Sedins and their dedication to the team and city but I really don't see these guys leading us to the cup, it'll be Kesler. Would love for the Sedins to prove me wrong but them and Luongo are two players who need to start proving it in the post season cause their too inconsistent and they drop from super stars reg season players to good players in the playoffs.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
The Sedins aren't making any excuses, which is good moving forward. They're only putting blame on themselves and no one else, that's a leader and a good teammate.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:28 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Is there anyone of the core who have proven themselves to be greatplayoff players?

All of the Sedins, Luongo, Kesler, Burrows have been very inconsistent.

They all pretty much just haven't been playoff performers.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:36 AM
FloydTheBarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Is there anyone of the core who have proven themselves to be greatplayoff players?

Different sport, but just look at Dirk Nowitzki, or even in the NHL, Datsyuk before the 2008 cup.

I can't say the Canuck's core is proven, but it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Kesler has had the misfortune of untimely injuries in his defense.

FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:37 AM
ferroid

Quote:

not sure if serious

ferroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:37 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Different sport, but just look at Dirk Nowitzki, or even in the NHL, Datsyuk before the 2008 cup.

I can't say the Canuck's core is proven, but it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Kesler has had the misfortune of untimely injuries in his defense.
Also, with the Sedins going cold, it hurts Burrows a lot.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
That's what I like to hear. That's leadership.

I believe in this core. I haven't seen it yet from them, but I strongly believe this group can do it for us.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:24 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:

Interesting how you include Burrows in that list. What more do you want from a 2mil guy?

Kesler was effective in round 1 vs CHI.

Great in Rd 2 Vs Nash.

Avg in Rd 3 vs SJ

Injured in Rd 4 vs BOS

Last edited by LiquidSnake: 09-01-2011 at 03:39 AM.
LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:25 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:

wat.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
the sedins might have an unwarranted "soft" tag around the league for their physical play (which is absurd, as no two superstars take as much abuse without getting calls or complaining about said non-calls), but they're the two most mentally strong guys on the team

unquestioned work ethic, consistent as the sunrise, and a desire to be the best in the league

training camp will start in a few weeks and of course they'll report as the most fit guys on the team

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 05:06 AM
CanuckLuck

Quote:

Considering the Sedins and Luongo are our top guys and expected to be our best players every night, i'll agree with them needing to be more consistent in the playoffs.

That said, I'm not really sure how you would consider Kesler and Burrows to be inconsistent. Burrows is about as clutch a playoff performer as it gets and Kesler played the final 2 playoff series on one leg. Perhaps you missed the first 2 series and the Nashville series in particular? He proved against a stingy defense that he can dominate when it matters most.

It's funny how quickly everyone forgets that every player on this team was one win away from being put in to 'legendary' status for the franchise. With this core I have no doubt we can win a cup.

As far as topic goes, it's refreshing to see one of our leaders completely humbled. The Sedins have proven year after year that they can keep getting better. And now they've learned the biggest lesson of all losing in game 7. We will see if the Sedins can yet again elevate their game and cement themselves as the best Canuck players in history *gasp* Yes, I said it.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post

Atleast he admits to his shortcomings in the finals and identifies that he wasnt nearly good enough. It's (IMO) the right attitude to have to move forward and learn from your mistakes.

If Luongo said that your thread title would have been, Luongo throws team under the bus, says, "We're losers."

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:51 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post

Really???

I'd love to hear nothing from Luongo all season.

Keep his yap shut and stop the puck!

Either way he will be villified by somebody, but at least he can focus on one thing.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I'd love to hear nothing from Luongo all season.
Word. Luongo needs to stay down and shut up this season.

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:43 AM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
The Sedins are going to do exactly what they've done the entire time they've been NHL players. Absorb a mountain of **** from the press after a disappointment, learn from it, and work harder to be better next time.

Top post. You murdered the thread. There really is nothing else to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
Word. Luongo needs to stay down and shut up this season.
Sounds great but last time that happned the media turned it into a negative. Luongo can do no right.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:08 PM
duplo

I think the Sedins aren't getting a fair representation of how they played in the playoffs this year. Kesler gets all the credit in the world for the Nashville series (which he deserves), but people have all but forgotten how Hank in particular RAN **** in the San Jose series. 12 points in 5 games! That's tying Bure for most points in a single round by a Canuck ever. He was leading all playoff scoring at that point.

duplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Considering the Sedins and Luongo are our top guys and expected to be our best players every night, i'll agree with them needing to be more consistent in the playoffs.

That said, I'm not really sure how you would consider Kesler and Burrows to be inconsistent. Burrows is about as clutch a playoff performer as it gets and Kesler played the final 2 playoff series on one leg. Perhaps you missed the first 2 series and the Nashville series in particular? He proved against a stingy defense that he can dominate when it matters most.

It's funny how quickly everyone forgets that every player on this team was one win away from being put in to 'legendary' status for the franchise. With this core I have no doubt we can win a cup.

As far as topic goes, it's refreshing to see one of our leaders completely humbled. The Sedins have proven year after year that they can keep getting better. And now they've learned the biggest lesson of all losing in game 7. We will see if the Sedins can yet again elevate their game and cement themselves as the best Canuck players in history *gasp* Yes, I said it.
I'm going by playoff careers.

In his playoff career combined Ryan Kesler has been a lifeless corpse.. ONE great playoff series the rest he has been VERY mediocre.

Burrows same thing he had some highlight extremely clutch moments this year for sure but for his playoff career? Kind of a no show.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:25 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
I cannot beleive that the league got away clean with taking the two star's bodygaurd away for an unprecedented four game suspension in the finals!!!

Gretzky wouldn't have been effective in the same environment! Think about the way the league treated Gretzky and the way they treated the Sedins. This is a Mickey Mouse little league and always will be.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM
The Optimist

vCash: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
That's what I like to hear. That's leadership.

I believe in this core. I haven't seen it yet from them, but I strongly believe this group can do it for us.

Haven't seen it from them yet? The team just came as close to winning a cup as a team can get. I'd say you saw that this core is capable of winning a cup.

The team just lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, I find it very hard to believe they aren't playoff performers. They wouldn't have gotten that far if they couldn't perform ...

The Optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog bullets View Post
I think the Sedins aren't getting a fair representation of how they played in the playoffs this year. Kesler gets all the credit in the world for the Nashville series (which he deserves), but people have all but forgotten how Hank in particular RAN **** in the San Jose series. 12 points in 5 games! That's tying Bure for most points in a single round by a Canuck ever. He was leading all playoff scoring at that point.
That's the only series where Hank was good in though. 1/4 isn't good at all...

The only players who can hold their head up high for their performance in the SCF are Jannik Hansen, Maxim Lapierre and Raffi Torres. Everyone else was a disappointment, injuries notwithstanding.

09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Catamarca Livin

I agree Kesler has had one great round in his playoff history. Burrows has scored too many clutch playoff goals to be included with Kesler. Also both struggled on the p.k. vs L.A. while the Sedins in the end won that series with Samuelsson. Also the first time the Canucks lost to Chicago the Sedins went off in game 6 while Kane just scored more. Kesler's line didn't score or stop anyone. I think Kesler is on the right path and his compete level is great, but he still has something to prove just like the Sedins in the playoffs.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Optimist View Post
Haven't seen it from them yet? The team just came as close to winning a cup as a team can get. I'd say you saw that this core is capable of winning a cup.

The team just lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, I find it very hard to believe they aren't playoff performers. They wouldn't have gotten that far if they couldn't perform ...
They got to the Finals, yes. They never played like Champions though. Every time they'd put up a solid performance in Vancouver, they'd go and crap the bed in Boston. Champions don't do that.

I felt that the team could have played better throughout the whole thing. Chicago and Nashville series could've and should've been over much earlier than it was. If they played like they did in games 1-3 of the Chicago series I think without a doubt they would have smacked everybody in their way.

And then our best player in the Finals was the guy that got ventilated everytime we went to Boston. Considering that, it's hard to wrap my mind that we won 3 games in that series.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:48 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post

If you look at the thread on the main boards, apparently the same rule applies to whatever the Sedins say too.

They are two of the most classy and respectable players in the league, yet NOBODY recognizes that. I hate these boards. Pathetic.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote