HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wsh-det-sjs

Old
08-31-2011, 09:33 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
So the final deal is

Joe Pavelski

Valtteri Filppula
Jason Chimera
DET 1st 2012

Alexander Semin

Let's sign and be done with this thread!

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 10:02 AM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
So the final deal is

Joe Pavelski

Valtteri Filppula
Jason Chimera
DET 1st 2012

Alexander Semin

Any chance Detroit could make it a 2nd or conditional 1st if Semin re-signs. 1st if he signs 2nd if he doesn't.

Either way I think I would still pull the trigger from a Wings point of view.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
So the final deal is

Joe Pavelski

Valtteri Filppula
Jason Chimera
DET 1st 2012

Alexander Semin

So from WSH perspective, we trade Semin + Chimera for Pavelski? No way.

Caps are set for next season. Don't expect any major trades and it's time to stop with the Semin proposals. Same goes for the Sharks.

Finally, a 3 way deal featuring DET, SJS and WAS will not happen. They are poor trading partners.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:22 AM
canada eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
but your the hater, and also your very ignorant watch semin play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Oh, and I suppose Pavelski tore up the playoffs this year? Or does he have better carrier postseason numbers?
he totalled a whopping 27 hits in 64 games this year, that just screams born to play in the playoffs. i may be ignorant but i really dont care.. its a well known fact semin is soft as butter whereas pavelski is not, making him a more adept player in the playoffs.

all semin can do is score. thats it. so when he cant do that, he cant fall back on playing good defence like pavelski can.

like cmon

canada eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe dragger18 View Post
he totalled a whopping 27 hits in 64 games this year, that just screams born to play in the playoffs. i may be ignorant but i really dont care.. its a well known fact semin is soft as butter whereas pavelski is not, making him a more adept player in the playoffs.

all semin can do is score. thats it. so when he cant do that, he cant fall back on playing good defence like pavelski can.

like cmon
Yes, as we all know hits = defense. Hell, Ovechkin had 241 hits last season, while Datsyuk had a measly 54. That must mean that at defense Ovechkin >>>> Datsyuk.

Semin had 62 takeaways in 64 games, while the Selke winner Kesler had 65 in 82 games. Of course in your world takeaways mean nothing.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:12 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe dragger18 View Post

like cmon
Clearly you don't watch the kid play at all. Semin is good defensively and very strong on the puck as he wins alot of one on one battles along the boards in both off and def zones.

Now...as far as the trade goes:

You know I believe the value is def there for the Caps. Chimera is a very good role player but we do have Beagle and Eakin (or a slot so we can actually play DJ King)...he would be bumped to the 4th line this year for certain with Brouwer and Ward on board.

I like Sasha more than most caps fans but his cap hit and UFA status along with the fact that we'd be getting a high quality 2nd line center back would make this hard to turn down.

HOWEVER

The Caps are really high on Johansson..what would happen to him if we got Pavelski? I don't think you move him to wing but rather to 3rd line. Then...what happens to Halpern or Sjogren..both guys they signed to one way deals and are more suited for that 3rd/4th line center role?

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:19 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I don't think Detroit would want to do this, but the value isn't horrible. Franzen is the best power forward the wings have.

But this is a great proposal value-wise IMO.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:19 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Clearly you don't watch the kid play at all. Semin is good defensively and very strong on the puck as he wins alot of one on one battles along the boards in both off and def zones.

You know I believe the value is def there for the Caps. Chimera is a very good role player but we do have Beagle and Eakin (or a slot so we can actually play DJ King)...he would be bumped to the 4th line this year for certain with Brouwer and Ward on board.

I like Sasha more than most caps fans but his cap hit and UFA status along with the fact that we'd be getting a high quality 2nd line center back would make this hard to turn down.

HOWEVER

The Caps are really high on Johansson..what would happen to him if we got Pavelski? I don't think you move him to wing but rather to 3rd line. Then...what happens to Halpern or Sjogren..both guys they signed to one way deals and are more suited for that 3rd/4th line center role?
I'm pretty sure Halpern was slotted as the Boyd Gordon replacement (upgrade), putting him at 4C. Sjogren is capable of playing the wing as well, and it could be beneficial to him to spend some rookie minutes there. Also, IINM, Pavelski currently plays as a 3C behind Thornton and Marleau (is this correct, Sharks fans?) despite the fact that he is 2C caliber. I have a feeling that with so much flexibility, the roles would almost sort themselves out through play.

Old
09-01-2011, 11:47 AM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Also, IINM, Pavelski currently plays as a 3C behind Thornton and Marleau (is this correct, Sharks fans?) despite the fact that he is 2C caliber.
Last year, Pavelski played 3C behind Thornton and Couture. Marleau has been playing on Thornton's LW for the last several years. With Heatley and Setoguchi out and Havlat in, the Sharks org has said that Pavelski will move back into the top 6 where he belongs. Most Sharks fans expect:

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski/Couture
Clowe - Pavelski/Couture - Havlat

Also of note, with the addition of Burns, Pavs won't have to play the point on PP #1 anymore. Instead he can move to a forward spot where he belongs. He will still probably play on PK #1 with Marleau.

BTW. It's very unlikely that Pavelski will be traded. He does too many things well and the Sharks are very high on him. There is nothing in this thread that makes me want to trade him.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
Last year, Pavelski played 3C behind Thornton and Couture. Marleau has been playing on Thornton's LW for the last several years. With Heatley and Setoguchi out and Havlat in, the Sharks org has said that Pavelski will move back into the top 6 where he belongs. Most Sharks fans expect:

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski/Couture
Clowe - Pavelski/Couture - Havlat

Also of note, with the addition of Burns, Pavs won't have to play the point on PP #1 anymore. Instead he can move to a forward spot where he belongs. He will still probably play on PK #1 with Marleau.

BTW. It's very unlikely that Pavelski will be traded. He does too many things well and the Sharks are very high on him. There is nothing in this thread that makes me want to trade him.
Thanks. I think you're either the 2nd or 3rd Sharks fan we've heard from, so us Wings and Caps people have been pretty much taking a free run

I also was not aware that Pavelski plays wing too.

As far as trade goes - the biggest concern when I went to the SJS board was forward depth, so I put something together to address that. A downgrade in Filppula to be sure, but not THAT big of one, and a solid depth forward in Chimera, plus a late first.

So, if you wouldn't make that trade, what WOULD you move Pavelski for, if anything? For the record, I highly doubt the Caps are moving Semin either (or Chimera, who wears an A). Just passing the time.

Old
09-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Arrch

Quote:
So, if you wouldn't make that trade, what WOULD you move Pavelski for, if anything? For the record, I highly doubt the Caps are moving Semin either (or Chimera, who wears an A). Just passing the time.
His winger equivalent plus a 2/3 line winger with solid defensive skills and a scoring punch. Picks/prospects could be added for value. Basically the other team would be trading a 3rd line winger to move a wing to center. Probably an overpayment on the roster side of things, but that's really the only incentive we have.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:46 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
I also was not aware that Pavelski plays wing too.
He hasn't played much wing, but he does everything so well, I think he could easily make the transition, just like Marleau did a few years back. It's probable that the Sharks have Couture penciled into that spot. They tried him on Thornton's wing for a short stint last year and he looked pretty good there.

Quote:
As far as trade goes - the biggest concern when I went to the SJS board was forward depth, so I put something together to address that. A downgrade in Filppula to be sure, but not THAT big of one, and a solid depth forward in Chimera, plus a late first.

The Sharks need another 3rd line forward. DW knows it and so do most of the fans. But I don't think it's really that hard to fill the role without giving up a roster player. We may have a youngster emerge and take the job in camp. If not, DW could pull another Wellwood type UFA. He played well for us down the stretch last year...and is still available if DW wants him. Most likely, he will wait until the deadline and pick up a 2nd liner from a non playoff team for futures.

If short, I wouldn't downgrade our top 6 at all to fill that spot. Before we got Burns, I would have said Pavs is available for the right D man. But now our blueline is set and 8 deep. So, I guess the only thing I would trade Pavelski for is a better forward.

You wanna start talking Pavel and I'm all ears.

Like I said before, I don't think Pavelski is going anywhere.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:01 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
He hasn't played much wing, but he does everything so well, I think he could easily make the transition, just like Marleau did a few years back. It's probable that the Sharks have Couture penciled into that spot. They tried him on Thornton's wing for a short stint last year and he looked pretty good there.

The Sharks need another 3rd line forward. DW knows it and so do most of the fans. But I don't think it's really that hard to fill the role without giving up a roster player. We may have a youngster emerge and take the job in camp. If not, DW could pull another Wellwood type UFA. He played well for us down the stretch last year...and is still available if DW wants him. Most likely, he will wait until the deadline and pick up a 2nd liner from a non playoff team for futures.

If short, I wouldn't downgrade our top 6 at all to fill that spot. Before we got Burns, I would have said Pavs is available for the right D man. But now our blueline is set and 8 deep. So, I guess the only thing I would trade Pavelski for is a better forward.

You wanna start talking Pavel and I'm all ears.

Like I said before, I don't think Pavelski is going anywhere.
I'm happy to! However, we may lose the Wings contingent...

Old
09-02-2011, 12:27 AM
PensRedwings2887

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post

HOWEVER

Semin play defense? you and I must be watching a different version of hockey...last time I watched Semin play in the playoffs, (game 4 against the lighting), he cost the caps a goal...*dont get me wrong, Im not calling u out...maybe Semin has started playing better D, but tbh, do u really u he wants to? No, hes a one-dimensional player with attitude problems....hes like Heatley, hes a cancer in the locker-room and you dont need that within your team

PensRedwings2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensRedwings2887 View Post
Semin play defense? you and I must be watching a different version of hockey...last time I watched Semin play in the playoffs, (game 4 against the lighting), he cost the caps a goal...*dont get me wrong, Im not calling u out...maybe Semin has started playing better D, but tbh, do u really u he wants to? No, hes a one-dimensional player with attitude problems....hes like Heatley, hes a cancer in the locker-room and you dont need that within your team
So you are basing Semin's defensive prowess on a single game? I have watched nearly every game this kid has played so I think my assessment is more valid based on the body of work I have witnessed compared to you. I know its hard for fans of other teams to watch as many Caps games as I have or Caps fans have and vice a versa..but you have to be careful about making assertions based on a small sample of viewing and a large majority of what a few media types say.

Did you know in the last 2 years Semin has some rediculous PK stats...he has been on the ice for something like 5 PPGA...Caps have scored 5 SHG when he was out there. Thats insane. Those numbers maybe a bit off but the example would still stand.

Yes he is outstanding defensively especially his one on one battles as he is massivley strong on the puck and his problem is just that he gets too aggressive and takes penalties that he probably could cut down on.

NOTE: NO CAP played well in game 4 vs Tampa. Why single Semin out on that?

Fact is he has a great value and a very specific and rare skillset that maybe 1% of players in the league have. When he is out of the lineup there is a noticable downgrade in play from the Caps. he's better than most people think.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post
Trading Pavelski and getting back Filppula, Chimera and (2) second rounders is pretty damn good.
Doesnt look like a good trade to me. looks like two downgrades and a pair of lottery tix.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote