HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

another bad salo goal

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 05:15 PM
McJadeddog

vCash: 500
another bad salo goal

interesting how the two conkilin goals were TOTALLY not his fault, then salo comes in and... surprise, surprise.... he lets a soft one in.... its pretty sad when even the commentators are saying how salo should have saved it.... oh well, i dont think they were going to win tonight anyhow, but salo salo salo..... soft goal after soft goal after soft goal

Old
10-23-2003, 05:17 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

That wasn't a bad goal.....................

That was HORRID.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Oilhitch

I have more confidence in Conklin than I have in Salo.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:38 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
interesting how the two conkilin goals were TOTALLY not his fault, then salo comes in and... surprise, surprise.... he lets a soft one in.... its pretty sad when even the commentators are saying how salo should have saved it.... oh well, i dont think they were going to win tonight anyhow, but salo salo salo..... soft goal after soft goal after soft goal
I guarantee if it was Salo in net for the second goal, you would be complaining that he wasn't controlling his rebound properly...

Old
10-23-2003, 05:46 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I guarantee if it was Salo in net for the second goal, you would be complaining that he wasn't controlling his rebound properly...
its one thing to control a rebound on a slide-across-the-net-two-on-one shot.... and its another to control your rebound from a bad angle outside shot.... you cant even compare the two at all..... it is practically impossible to control the roubound when you are moving across the net on a 2-1.... its VERY EASY to control the rebound from a bad angle outside shot..... like jesus, am i the only one who has ever played goal and knows this stuff???

that 3rd goal was HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE..... every time salo has to make a save i hold my breath, and i would imagine that its the same for the oilers.....

i just hope conklin isnt hurt too badly (though groins are never good for goalies) because i would like to see conklin in about 30-35 games this year, and if he does well (though im not prepared to say if he will or not) we can finally get rid of salo after this year

Old
10-23-2003, 05:49 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
its one thing to control a rebound on a slide-across-the-net-two-on-one shot.... and its another to control your rebound from a bad angle outside shot.... you cant even compare the two at all..... it is practically impossible to control the roubound when you are moving across the net on a 2-1.... its VERY EASY to control the rebound from a bad angle outside shot..... like jesus, am i the only one who has ever played goal and knows this stuff???

that 3rd goal was HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE..... every time salo has to make a save i hold my breath, and i would imagine that its the same for the oilers.....

i just hope conklin isnt hurt too badly (though groins are never good for goalies) because i would like to see conklin in about 30-35 games this year, and if he does well (though im not prepared to say if he will or not) we can finally get rid of salo after this year
Well see if I was talking about the 2 pad slide goal, you would be right.

I am talking about the 2nd goal, the one they tried to stuff in from the side 3 times before the puck popped out.

And no, you aren't the only one who has played goal... but you are the only one I know who can apparantly control rebounds with ease when you are hugging the goal post and they shoot right at your stick.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Oilhitch

If Conklin was in net the Oilers would be winning rigth now!!!

Old
10-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Oiltown16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
If Conklin was in net the Oilers would be winning rigth now!!!
ummm no

Old
10-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltown16
ummm no
k maybe im being too harsh. they still would have lost but not 6-1

Old
10-23-2003, 07:37 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
k maybe im being too harsh. they still would have lost but not 6-1
You are right they would have lost 5-1. Do you feel better?

Old
10-23-2003, 07:39 PM
McThome
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to McThome
exactly - the masses like to know what is wrong and have somebody to blame and it is VERY easy to put it on Tommy - instead of brutal breakdowns which are the fault of 2-3 players/breakdown

Old
10-23-2003, 07:44 PM
momentai

Last game in St. Louis, a good many of the goals against rested on Tommy's shoulders for the most part. Tonight, other than the Foote goal, the defense hung him out to dry. When you've made a save and lying on your back... and your dmen don't clear the puck for you... you're screwed. Twice, Forsberg had a wide open shot on net when the defense magically cleared away from him.

Old
10-23-2003, 07:49 PM
McThome
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to McThome
Quote:

I would have to wonder if you HAVE played net. Any time you have to hug the post on your feet - if you keep the rebound in front of you and it is less then a foot away you have did your job, and did it well! Putting all this blame is just an easy way for people to try and make sense in their minds of what is a very complicated thing - the Oilers defensive system isn't that bad, but the number of breakdowns is easily the highest in the league.

Closed Thread