HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Prospects making the jump(Louis Leblanc)

Old
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
What about Aaron Palushaj??
Should be traded.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:42 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Should be traded.
Might be a mistake, the guy got a high level of skill, reminds me of Havlat. Especially if it's in the kind of lateral move we got him.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Absolutely not. We have yet to find out if he'll be playing with Shawinigan or if his shoulder holds up and he heads over to Hamilton. He's still a few years away from making the team.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:02 PM
FF de Mars

I'm wondering if they plan training Leblanc as a center or as a winger. Two years in the AHL would be fine with me.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Do you guys think he will make the Canadiens roster on opening night?
Zero chance of that happening unless most of our centers are injured or sick at the same time.

Quote:
What about Aaron Palushaj??
I think he will play more games with the Habs this up coming season then he did this past season. In what order that will be will likely depend on injuries.

Quote:
And from the young guns would you say in order for being called up first

Palushaj
Engqvist
Avtsin
Lefebvre
Kristo
Leblanc
I think Engqvist makes the team if they don't add anyone from now till the start of the season. As for callups, there's no real order. If Moen gets injured I could see them calling up Conboy or Blunden (if he's not on the team since he's waiver eligible) If they need a top 6 winger it could be Palushaj or Trotter, etc....

Kristo won't be under contract, Lefebvre has no chance of a call up and Avtsin would need to have most of our team injured before he got called up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Should be traded.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Absolutely not. We have yet to find out if he'll be playing with Shawinigan or if his shoulder holds up and he heads over to Hamilton. He's still a few years away from making the team.
Leblanc is going to Hamilton, the only way he goes to the Cats if his shoulder falls off between now and the start of the season or things just go really really bad for him at camp. (like say he takes off his skate during a game and tries to cut people ala Happy Gilmore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'm wondering if they plan training Leblanc as a center or as a winger. Two years in the AHL would be fine with me.
I would assume he will be a center in Hamilton but when he gets called up to the Habs he will play on the wing mostly.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Lefebvre has no chance of being called up ever.
I don't know why but I found this really funny.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Komarov47

Quote:
And from the young guns would you say in order for being called up first

Palushaj
Engqvist
Avtsin
Lefebvre
Kristo
Leblanc
i would say Enggvist first. I dunno if White will sticks with the Habs at the begining of the season, but Engqvist defenitely have a shot on the 4th line center. Next in line are Palushaj, maybe Trotter?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Komarov47

I dunno where i read that but some writer wrote that Leblanc was nothing more than another Max Lapierre, any words about it guys?

Old
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
CoupeStanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
I dunno where i read that but some writer wrote that Leblanc was nothing more than another Max Lapierre, any words about it guys?
Probably not as fast but way better hockey IQ, attitude, work ethic and also not a *********. I guess they both have their strength of the forecheck.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
FF de Mars

If he's to play winger in Montréal, why not start now in Hamilton, so that in two years, he's used to it ?

Old
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I dunno if White will sticks with the Habs at the begining of the season
White sticks with the Habs for sure, he would have to clear waivers to be sent down and there's no reason to risk it.

Quote:
It's true except Leblanc plays nothing like Lappierre in any way, other then that he's just like him.

Quote:
If he's to play winger in Montréal, why not start now in Hamilton, so that in two years, he's used to it ?
Because Hamilton has zero offensive centers, I mean none at all. Plus we don't know he's going to be a winger in the future, my guess is that when he gets a callup with the Habs, I could see him being used on the wing.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM
FF de Mars

Can't we just trade for an AHL career offensive center like Locke ? I think Leblanc's learning curve is more important than the success of the Bulldogs.

Old
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley View Post
Probably not as fast but way better hockey IQ, attitude, work ethic and also not a *********. I guess they both have their strength of the forecheck.
Actually I've read Leblanc's work ethic and attitude being questioned quite a bit..

He might end up being better than Lappy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. Have to wait a couple years and see I guess.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
White sticks with the Habs for sure, he would have to clear waivers to be sent down and there's no reason to risk it.

It's true except Leblanc plays nothing like Lappierre in any way, other then that he's just like him.

Because Hamilton has zero offensive centers, I mean none at all. Plus we don't know he's going to be a winger in the future, my guess is that when he gets a callup with the Habs, I could see him being used on the wing.
yup, the only real good center is Trotter.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
CoupeStanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Actually I've read Leblanc's work ethic and attitude being questioned quite a bit..

He might end up being better than Lappy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. Have to wait a couple years and see I guess.
People questions his commitment to his hockey carreer as he puts a lot of effort towards his education and he has not really put a lot of weight since he's been drafted.

There's a lot of crap on what is being said on Leblanc. He's played for 4 different teams in the past 4 years and he's been the best player of all those teams.

His upside is definitely better than the third line player some people as him projecting to.

Old
09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Why should Palushaj be traded?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:

about work ethic and attitude i read that somewhere too (1 article) but everything else i've read including former coaches interviews (Joel Bouchard+Ted Donato+Pascal Vincent) all say that work ethic is actually his best trait and he's a bit crazy in practices so they had to tell him to tone it down a notch in fear of injuring himself or teammates. P.Vincent said he had to force him to to take days off last year when he was injured

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypacman8167 View Post
about work ethic and attitude i read that somewhere too (1 article) but everything else i've read including former coaches interviews (Joel Bouchard+Ted Donato+Pascal Vincent) all say that work ethic is actually his best trait and he's a bit crazy in practices so they had to tell him to tone it down a notch in fear of injuring himself or teammates. P.Vincent said he had to force him to to take days off last year when he was injured
i think a lot of recent negative comments about Leblanc stem from his time in junior where he was playing with a major shoulder injury. When he was healthy at the start of the season he was very much a dominant junior player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear
Trotter is really more of a LW these days.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Can't we just trade for an AHL career offensive center like Locke ? I think Leblanc's learning curve is more important than the success of the Bulldogs.
Because they are loaded on the wings, unless they move Trotter to center. Plus who's to say his learning curve would be impacted by playing center, since we don't know for sure he will end up a winger.

Quote:
Actually I've read Leblanc's work ethic and attitude being questioned quite a bit.
Have heard very good things about his work ethic.

Quote:
Trotter played LW in Hamilton so I assume that's where he'll be. Plus if say Trotter, Nattinen and Masse were 3 of the 4 centers, the Dogs would have the slowest centers in the league.

Old
09-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
i think a lot of recent negative comments about Leblanc stem from his time in junior where he was playing with a major shoulder injury. When he was healthy at the start of the season he was very much a dominant junior player.
The negative comments are not recent. They started the moment the Habs selected him. Everyone's an expert, everyone's a scout. It seems for some of our fanbase, they would rather Leblanc fail.

Must be the same group that went emo when Halak was traded and Price was kept. Where are those fair-weather fans nowadays.

Quote:

Please provide a link if you are going to make such statements. All I ever read is the opposite, hard worker hates to lose.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:53 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
More like

Engqvist
Trotter
Palushaj
Blunden
Willsie
Leblanc
This is very shallow. Engqvist is at best a 4th liner.

Last year, we could call Pax, White and Desharnais. Few years ago, SK, Grabo or D'Agostini. Before that, Plek, AK or Perezhogin.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

Last year, we could call Pax, White and Desharnais. Few years ago, SK, Grabo or D'Agostini. Before that, Plek, AK or Perezhogin.
It might be because these callups filled our lineup apart from the 4C position.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
The negative comments are not recent. They started the moment the Habs selected him. Everyone's an expert, everyone's a scout. It seems for some of our fanbase, they would rather Leblanc fail.

Must be the same group that went emo when Halak was traded and Price was kept. Where are those fair-weather fans nowadays.

Please provide a link if you are going to make such statements. All I ever read is the opposite, hard worker hates to lose.
I meant the recent negative comments are likely based on that. Obviously there has been negative comments about Leblanc since the beginning.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

The Habs will have Subban, Weber, White, Pac, DD, Eller, Emelin and maybe one or two of Engqvist and Blunden. Having that many young players on the team will drain any farm system.

With Leblanc, Diaz, Berger, Nattinen, Lefebvre, Mitera, as the incoming players, it's on the weaker side for what is usually an ongoing solid incoming group of players for Hamilton.

Next year the Dogs should see Tinordi, Beaulieu, Kristo, Pateryn, Ellis, Bournival and Gallagher plus perhaps Nygren and or Westin (has to be signed by next June) that is a much stronger incoming class so the depth will get replaced.

Old
09-01-2011, 04:22 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Do you guys think he will make the Canadiens roster on opening night?
In the future, when you start a thread, don't immediately derail it asking questions about everything and anything else

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote