HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Not returning for 2011-12 season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-01-2011, 06:40 PM
  #1
Nestea31
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Alexander Radulov - Not returning for 2011-12 season

I thought I read somewhere that Radulov's current team in the KHL is in financial trouble, and as it stands he has no contract. I know that he still has 1 year on his contract to honour with Nashville if he returns to the NHL. Is there any chance that he does or does he resign with his current team or go somewhere else in the KHL?

Nestea31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
  #2
Broom of the System
Registered User
 
Broom of the System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestea31 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that Radulov's current team in the KHL is in financial trouble, and as it stands he has no contract. I know that he still has 1 year on his contract to honour with Nashville if he returns to the NHL. Is there any chance that he does or does he resign with his current team or go somewhere else in the KHL?
This has been addressed a billion times. Just search for the other (50) thread(s) about Radulov.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
  #3
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestea31 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that Radulov's current team in the KHL is in financial trouble, and as it stands he has no contract. I know that he still has 1 year on his contract to honour with Nashville if he returns to the NHL. Is there any chance that he does or does he resign with his current team or go somewhere else in the KHL?
It's pretty much a 50/50 shot that he comes back for 2012/13. No one really knows. Probably not even Radulov himself. Some say the reports of his club's financial troubles got blown out of proportion. Others strongly believe the club won't be able to afford him. He is staying in the KHL for this season though for sure.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:26 PM
  #4
Fo Shea Shea
Registered User
 
Fo Shea Shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
oh no......not again.......

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:37 PM
  #5
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,466
vCash: 500
Another one!!!!! This is like thread number 10

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
  #6
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Relax, guys. I think you'll make it through this.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:13 PM
  #7
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,137
vCash: 500
radu! radu! raduloooov!

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
  #8
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,022
vCash: 500
Can a thread be stickied with these links so that people can easily find it?

Puck Daddy
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp4812

City Paper
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...turn-predators

Feel free to add links.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:25 PM
  #9
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Can a thread be stickied with these links so that people can easily find it?

Puck Daddy
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp4812

City Paper
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...turn-predators

Feel free to add links.
It gets stickied from time to time as the news cycle makes him a popular subject again. Other times, it's not so it falls off the first page. I'll sticky this tonight...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
  #10
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,022
vCash: 500
I think the speculation will die down once the season gets going.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
  #11
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 937
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Relax, guys. I think you'll make it through this.
This site is starting to become really spastic and blowing everything out of proportion much like the np.com boards of old. Relaxation doesn't happen here much anymore.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:10 PM
  #12
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,670
vCash: 500
jeez

read thread title as 12/13 and about had a meltdown.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:27 PM
  #13
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
This site is starting to become really spastic and blowing everything out of proportion much like the np.com boards of old. Relaxation doesn't happen here much anymore.
Agree 100%. I left the np.com boards because of all the bickering. Now it seems to have migrated here. I read and post much less these days. It's too time consuming to sift through all the bs.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:51 PM
  #14
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
This site is starting to become really spastic and blowing everything out of proportion much like the np.com boards of old. Relaxation doesn't happen here much anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Agree 100%. I left the np.com boards because of all the bickering. Now it seems to have migrated here. I read and post much less these days. It's too time consuming to sift through all the bs.
I think it's just a bi-product of having a larger fanbase. The more people you introduce, the more varying degrees of opinions you'll have, and the more eccentric people will turn up. Imagine having to sift through the Toronto Maple Leafs forum

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:41 PM
  #15
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I think it's just a bi-product of having a larger fanbase. The more people you introduce, the more varying degrees of opinions you'll have, and the more eccentric people will turn up. Imagine having to sift through the Toronto Maple Leafs forum
I've done so before. I looked into the eyes of the Gorgon, and yet I somehow still live.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 01:09 AM
  #16
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
we need to trade him to NJ in a pkg for Parise and be done with him. We are so afraid that he is going to go on and become a star and this point who cares. We need a real scorer not a pipe dream

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 01:16 AM
  #17
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,466
vCash: 500
Why risk trading Radulov for Parise when he could easily return in 12-13 and play for us for under a million and get Parise in FA or at the deadline. If we have both we are lethal....lethal...

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:51 AM
  #18
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Why risk trading Radulov for Parise when he could easily return in 12-13 and play for us for under a million and get Parise in FA or at the deadline. If we have both we are lethal....lethal...
So what are you going to trade to get Parise. If we don't get Parise early we won't get him because by the time the deadline comes around he'll want to play for a real cup contender. Rad might one of the pluses we have to deal and the idea of Rad playing with Kovalchuk might entice NJ to trade with us but the scenario you proposed will never happen

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:08 PM
  #19
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Agree 100%. I left the np.com boards because of all the bickering. Now it seems to have migrated here. I read and post much less these days. It's too time consuming to sift through all the bs.
To be honest I've been around here for many years (never posted over on np.com so can't compare) but that said, it's usually a lot better once the season gets going.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:24 PM
  #20
ILikeItILoveIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
For what its worth, I had a long discussion with a member of the coaching staff very recently concerning Rads. Preds want him back but there are issues:

Rads needs to be the center of attention. He rubbed the vets the wrong way during his Preds stint. Most of those vets are gone, but Rads doesn't fit the Pred culture of sacrifice for team.

Rads is more than a celebrity in Mother Russia. He hangs with Putin. He's recognized as an elite player and Russia treats him like a God, which feeds into his need to be the center of attention. Don't think tooling with Mayor Karl Dean quite measures up to hunting with Putin.

He's making big money and he'd make $900K if he played out his contract with us.

On the upside, his parents still live in Nashville 6 months out of the year.

Bottom line, it's more likely he stays in Russia and basks in the glory of being "Da Man". If he does decide to come back, but wants a new contract, it could get dicey. Trading his rights has always been an option. If he makes serious noises about coming back, his trade value goes up.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 01:13 PM
  #21
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
To be honest I've been around here for many years (never posted over on np.com so can't compare) but that said, it's usually a lot better once the season gets going.
You know I like to listen to the long time non-Pred fans and the comment I hear is this: 'The only difference between the HF *****ing and whining of a few years ago and the HF *****ing and whining of now is they are not using NP.com as an excuse for their *****ing and whining.'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 02:49 PM
  #22
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
So what are you going to trade to get Parise. If we don't get Parise early we won't get him because by the time the deadline comes around he'll want to play for a real cup contender. Rad might one of the pluses we have to deal and the idea of Rad playing with Kovalchuk might entice NJ to trade with us but the scenario you proposed will never happen
I also said we could get him in free agency. Well if NJ is completely out of it at the deadline and Parise still has not signed he will be on the market. Obviously he will be considered a rental for a lot of teams so his value is not as much as it could be.


I could easily see us going for him if we are in a good position at the deadline. Who knows maybe Bergfors breaks out and they want him back? Would Poile trade Horny or SK in a deal for Parise? Or Wilson?
Maybe they would want Josi, Ekholm or Blum to be with Larsson? Maybe they would want Lindback cause Brodeur is going? Obviously they would rather have Rinne but would management do that?

And its always possible if it came down to it, Weber or Suter might end up going the other way. Also do we extend Parise if we trade for him?


Point is, we could make a deal for Parise. Its very possible if all the right scenarios play out.

And again there is FA.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 04:39 PM
  #23
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
For what its worth, I had a long discussion with a member of the coaching staff very recently concerning Rads. Preds want him back but there are issues:

Rads needs to be the center of attention. He rubbed the vets the wrong way during his Preds stint. Most of those vets are gone, but Rads doesn't fit the Pred culture of sacrifice for team.

Rads is more than a celebrity in Mother Russia. He hangs with Putin. He's recognized as an elite player and Russia treats him like a God, which feeds into his need to be the center of attention. Don't think tooling with Mayor Karl Dean quite measures up to hunting with Putin.

He's making big money and he'd make $900K if he played out his contract with us.

On the upside, his parents still live in Nashville 6 months out of the year.

Bottom line, it's more likely he stays in Russia and basks in the glory of being "Da Man". If he does decide to come back, but wants a new contract, it could get dicey. Trading his rights has always been an option. If he makes serious noises about coming back, his trade value goes up.
Maybe Rads has matured a little over the past few years. He could be Da Man in Nashville, but only if he scores 30 or 40 goals a season if he comes back.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
  #24
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,219
vCash: 500
I'm just sick of waiting to make a move because of the little ****. He's dictating how the team is run

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:38 PM
  #25
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I also said we could get him in free agency. Well if NJ is completely out of it at the deadline and Parise still has not signed he will be on the market. Obviously he will be considered a rental for a lot of teams so his value is not as much as it could be.


I could easily see us going for him if we are in a good position at the deadline. Who knows maybe Bergfors breaks out and they want him back? Would Poile trade Horny or SK in a deal for Parise? Or Wilson?
Maybe they would want Josi, Ekholm or Blum to be with Larsson? Maybe they would want Lindback cause Brodeur is going? Obviously they would rather have Rinne but would management do that?

And its always possible if it came down to it, Weber or Suter might end up going the other way. Also do we extend Parise if we trade for him?


Point is, we could make a deal for Parise. Its very possible if all the right scenarios play out.

And again there is FA.
I went on the det site here and they talk about Parise and they have the money no questions asked. They are not only one. But we need to be proactive and make a deal early. We'll know more after camp starts what we kinda have. If we wait until the deadline then he'll be a rental and we go down on the list. But if we can get him early then he plays with with the big three and he's a big offensive fish in our pond which he is not in NJ ...Kovalchuk is the big fish in that pond. Then take our chance with a commodity like Parise I like our chances greatly to go very deep in the playoffs and have influence on the big 3 that we are moving in the right direction. I would move Rad before I would Wilson and it might take a Wilson but that is the big chip I would only do to seal the deal If Rad doesn't do it or pkged deal doesn't do it

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.