HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Where would the Habs be...

Old
08-29-2011, 08:58 AM
WestIslander

vCash: 500
I remember this draft, I was driving to Toronto and back them with no smart phone I had my friend sending me text messages on updates about the lottery etc.

I was positive and self assured that we were going to land a top 3 to top 5 pick (for some reason) and when it got to that point I was even hoping for 1st overall and the chance to land the best player in the world, SIDNEY CROSBY!!!

When Gainey took Price, I thought Montreal dropped the ball and this would be another failed 1st round draft pick, then when I started reading about him and the articles on the internet and in Toronto news papers, they made him out to be the next Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden, maybe even Ward, Luongo and Brodeur.

I think that we got lucky with that pick and Carey is going to be a solid goalie in this league for the next decade and them some.

If not Price I think Gainey would of picked either Bourdon or Staal (depending on the position of our pick).

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 09:16 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanFromOntario View Post
Let's be realisitic, Price plays behind a better defense, but if we moved down 5 picks we'd have oh I don't know.

Cammalleri-Kopitar-Cole
Gionta-Plekanc-Pacioretty
AK-Eller-Desharnais
Moen-Gomez-White

Markov-Yemelin
Subban-Gill
Gorges-Weber

Halak
Budaj

Something along these lines.
I dont think the team would have went for Gomez if they had Kopitar on the team.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I dont think the team would have went for Gomez if they had Kopitar on the team.
I would've loved to have drafted Kopitar too and that's who I was expecting us to take. I'm glad we took Price but it's too bad we couldn't have both.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Chris Cutter
Dont make me go nuts

And I'm sure if we had drafted a defenseman in 2005 (looking at Marc Staal or Bourdon; RIP) it would have meant no David Fischer in 2006!

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
And I'm sure if we had drafted a defenseman in 2005 (looking at Marc Staal or Bourdon; RIP) it would have meant no David Fischer in 2006!
And a possible chance at drafting Claude Giroux who was selected 2 spots after Fisher by the Flyers. Ah well you win some you lose some. I'm just happy we took Price, could have been much worse like Pouliot, Brule

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote