HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Season Needs to Begin, Quickly... - An Open Thread

Old
08-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
To be honest, I created it to separate the discussion at the top from the Weber thread and respond to some of it. The thought "Summer can't end soon enough" has been something I've wanted to scream for a long time this summer and I think we've gotten to that point around here.

With the untimely passing of Belak this afternoon, I thought this would be a good place for folks to sound off a bit, find some levity, and really remember what this community is here for. The hate and vitrol most arguments on the boards descend into nowadays seems so petty in light of today's news.

Hockey season needs to begin so that we can be distracted. So we can cheer and laugh again. So we can have new items to discuss. And most importantly to distract us from the pitfalls of everyday life which is what entertainment is all about.

It's an open thread...
well said

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

This is simply a dry-spell in the year for hockey. Compound that with the endless discussions about our stars leaving, and ofcourse the tragic loss of Wade today and there isn't much to distract you from being negative. I agree, hockey can't get here soon enough. Opinions can be displayed and arguments can be had, but what we all truly need is to have the joy of the game perk us up, and get us psyched up about the team and the sport we all love.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

After taking a few hours to digest things, I don't want to leave HF but I am certainly going to block some people.

The world is a scary place. Whoever said that justice is blind is absolutely correct. Belak deserved better. His family deserved better. His death is a blow to this hockey family. I, for one, called up my girlfriend and told her that I just wanted to hang out and watch a movie together last night. You got to appreciate the little things like a poorly made romantic comedy. And you really have to cherish the big things like the people you love.

Hockey, for me, lies somewhere in the middle. Sometimes I lose sight of the fact it is just a game that men play. God has blessed me over the years. I've been able to write for, do radio for, and this year do TV broadcasts for hockey teams. My brother has won a state championship, forever leaving a stamp on GNASH hockey. Hockey is a big thing in my life, but it isn't life. Obviously there have been some pretty heated debates the past couple of weeks regarding the future of the team, and I just want the offseason to end so we can start talking about new things. So I extend an apology to anyone who felt attacked by some of my posts.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 09-01-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old
09-01-2011, 09:29 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
After taking a few hours to digest things, I don't want to leave HF.... ....So I extend an apology to anyone who felt attacked by some of my posts.
Glad you are not leaving. And I, personally, never felt attacked by you. I also wanted to say sorry if you felt attacked by me.

The only issue I ever had was that it seems like everyday the blasting of Poile/owners/Preds org seems to compound on itself. I know that is because after each passing day there is no good news to report. So I feel your pain brotha. You just gotta keep the reasons why/justifications of the moves in your head at all times. It sucks to be a fan of a small-market team sometimes. But dang it, at least we have a team.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:33 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Camp is just around the corner!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:18 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

We need hockey to start for our sanity sake.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

No worries Joetimo, were all here the same reason you are. We love this team, game, city, and fanbase. Its been a tough offseason, but everything will be better when all of us are arguing about what line Wilson "should" of been on.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
No worries Joetimo, were all here the same reason you are. We love this team, game, city, and fanbase. Its been a tough offseason, but everything will be better when all of us are arguing about what line Wilson "should" of been on.
6th line ... everyone knows that.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
6th line ... everyone knows that.
Send him to the ECHL! Kid has not talent.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Send him to the ECHL! Kid has not talent.
at least he could play with his friend Pickard...

Old
09-01-2011, 08:59 PM
adsfan

I can't wait for the hockey season to start. I loved watching the Preds winning a playoff round. It was a milestone for the franchise! I was saddened when they lost to the Canucks. Sadder still when the Admirals were bounced out by Houston the next night. The Belak news is the low point of the summer. I feel bad for his family.

I am fine with sending Wilson back to Milwaukee.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:09 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I dont think Colin Wilson will be sent down

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:28 AM
roseyc