HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL.com fantasy rankings - defensemen

Old
09-01-2011, 10:14 PM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
NHL.com fantasy rankings - defensemen

Wow. Check out #48.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587113

Seriously? Only nine spots behind Suter (and nine AHEAD of Franson) on the fantasy charts? I mean we all know Ellis has potential but there's no guarantee he'll even be on the roster on opening night. They must think his point-producing abilities are going to translate better to the NHL than I was expecting.

Last edited by MrJoshua: 09-01-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Typo.
MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Yeah there are some head scratchers there for sure. Ellis shouldn't even make that list.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:40 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

for fantasy hockey i get it. nhl is predicting him to be on the roster i hope they are right. and i hope he produces like a 2nd pair dman, which is what 48 out of 60 is, a 2nd pair dman

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:50 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
for fantasy hockey i get it. nhl is predicting him to be on the roster i hope they are right. and i hope he produces like a 2nd pair dman, which is what 48 out of 60 is, a 2nd pair dman
There are 30 teams. Each pair has two players. So 48 out of 60 is actually a TOP pair d-man. I don't know. For keeper leagues, sure, grab him. But for this year, do they really think he'll be that high in the point standings among defensemen? I guess they do, or he wouldn't be on the list...

Old
09-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Fantasy rankings. That means Heavy Emphasis On Points. Therefore top-pair defensemen who don't necessarily score like crazy aren't going to be as high on the list.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Fantasy rankings. That means Heavy Emphasis On Points. Therefore top-pair defensemen who don't necessarily score like crazy aren't going to be as high on the list.
His complaint was about Ellis, not Suter. Suter is ranked right about where he should be

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 01:51 AM
swissexpert

This is a joke. He is above Pitkanen, Staal, while guys like Hedman, Bouwmeester aren't even on the list..
He needs to put up Fowler-esque points to match that prediction..

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:33 AM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
This is a joke. He is above Pitkanen, Staal, while guys like Hedman, Bouwmeester aren't even on the list..
He needs to put up Fowler-esque points to match that prediction..
Right. That's what I'm saying. The kid has a lot of potential, but do they really think he's going to be in the top 50 point producing defensemen this year? He's quite possibly not even going to be on the team to start the season!

Old
09-02-2011, 10:28 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
There are 30 teams. Each pair has two players. So 48 out of 60 is actually a TOP pair d-man. I don't know. For keeper leagues, sure, grab him. But for this year, do they really think he'll be that high in the point standings among defensemen? I guess they do, or he wouldn't be on the list...
sorry. i was thinking more along the lines of m,ost teams have 2 guys that are fantasy worthy, due to some top guys being defensive dmen who suck up minutes but not much on the scoresheet.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Soundgarden

If he makes the team, I can see him putting up some points, he's just got to make the team first. I think if isn't ready for the NHL, we'll just give him Cody Franson treatment until he adjusts.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 04:47 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
sorry. i was thinking more along the lines of m,ost teams have 2 guys that are fantasy worthy, due to some top guys being defensive dmen who suck up minutes but not much on the scoresheet.
I see what you mean. I guess it just really surprises me that on a team known as offensively challenged you have THREE defensemen ranked in the top 60 for fantasy rankings, which usually focus on offense. And one of those isn't even guaranteed to make the team out of camp.

Old
09-04-2011, 09:38 PM
predz

I actually thinks he could surprise (fantasy wise), if Cam Fowler could pu on 40 points last year, I don`t see why R.Ellis could not do the same with quality PP time.

He does'nt have to be top 4 to be good in a fantasy, just got to get plenty of PP time and if he stays, he's gonna get his share......

predz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 09:27 AM
kakemono

They had to put him somewhere on the list because they mentioned him in the blurb about kids with high upside. If he plays a full 82 games, I think he is placed well in the list.

That is just the assumption you have to go with on these lists.

In 82 games with the Franson-treatment, no doubt in my mind he will outproduce guys like Staal, Hedman, and Bouwmester.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote