HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price/Budaj Goalie Equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-02-2011, 01:29 AM
  #26
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500


I'm ok with anything except this.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 04:58 AM
  #27
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Its simply like this: The white pads, whether they're aesthetic or not, make it harder for a shooter to find open gaps since they'll blend in with the goal net. Therefore I'm happy Price has decided to retain the colour for this year as well. Vezina is on the way believe me.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 07:44 AM
  #28
JHabs61
Registered User
 
JHabs61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post


Pads get worn down to be smaller that when they were made?

Looks like from the pic Heatley is breaking in his new Wild gear too.
I REALLY liked/like the ones on the left.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
  #29
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
I abhor the all-white pad trend with a PASSION. I am so sick of seeing all these athletes buy into the myth that they will stop more shots because their pads are white.

Name me one goalie whose career has been revitalized/his play has noticeably improved since going with white pads. Irbe wore white pads all those years and yet he wasn't ever clearly better than anyone else.

As a goalie myself - I refuse to get an all-white set. For as long as I play, I will never go down that route. Yes, I hate them that much.

As for the pictures themselves - Vaughn has been customizing Price's sets to feel like Reeboks, so it's only natural that he'd give the Reeboks a shot (especially now with the Premier 4s around the corner; you can actually see him wearing the new P4 glove/blocker in that picture).

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:54 AM
  #30
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I abhor the all-white pad trend with a PASSION. I am so sick of seeing all these athletes buy into the myth that they will stop more shots because their pads are white.

Name me one goalie whose career has been revitalized/his play has noticeably improved since going with white pads. Irbe wore white pads all those years and yet he wasn't ever clearly better than anyone else.

As a goalie myself - I refuse to get an all-white set. For as long as I play, I will never go down that route. Yes, I hate them that much.

As for the pictures themselves - Vaughn has been customizing Price's sets to feel like Reeboks, so it's only natural that he'd give the Reeboks a shot (especially now with the Premier 4s around the corner; you can actually see him wearing the new P4 glove/blocker in that picture).
Yep Brodeur always had cool pad and is a great goalie, same for Lundqvist, the only thing is that a few goalie have a full pad not white. Dunno why. I think only DiPietro isn't using a pad with a main colour white. But i could be wrong.

LABARBERA

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
  #31
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Which NHL goalie is using Vaughn ?
Budaj wears Vaughn this season and Jose wears Vaughn Johny Quick wears Vaugn Jimmy Howard wears Vaughn there are others also just can't think of then Oh Bakstrom in Minny not sure if Kipper is still or if he switched to Bauer. Steve Mason in Columbus wears Vaughn just to name a few. I am sure I could go through all the team rosters and find the rest but really don't care to. As for the poster that said ya it makes a real difference who is paying them. Well an equipment manufacturer comes to you and says we will design a pad for you and pay you X number of dollars and another company says we will design a pad for you and we aren't going to pay you anything to wear it. Who do you think they will choose??? I am pretty sure they choose the company offering up the money to wear the gear if you don't think so they you need to get your head out of the sand.

Bryz in Philly also uses Vaughn. Rask and Thomas in Boston and Cam Ward in Carolina Brian Elliot also.

http://www.vaughnhockey.com/proconnection.asp


Last edited by 29dryden29: 09-02-2011 at 01:40 PM.
29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
  #32
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Budaj wears Vaughn this season and Jose wears Vaughn Johny Quick wears Vaugn Jimmy Howard wears Vaughn there are others also just can't think of then Oh Bakstrom in Minny not sure if Kipper is still or if he switched to Bauer. Steve Mason in Columbus wears Vaughn just to name a few. I am sure I could go through all the team rosters and find the rest but really don't care to. As for the poster that said ya it makes a real difference who is paying them. Well an equipment manufacturer comes to you and says we will design a pad for you and pay you X number of dollars and another company says we will design a pad for you and we aren't going to pay you anything to wear it. Who do you think they will choose??? I am pretty sure they choose the company offering up the money to wear the gear if you don't think so they you need to get your head out of the sand.

Bryz in Philly also uses Vaughn. Rask and Thomas in Boston and Cam Ward in Carolina Brian Elliot also.

http://www.vaughnhockey.com/proconnection.asp
I understand what you are saying, of course you take the company that is going to pay you to wear their pads, BUT only if all things are equal. The amount of money the company is going play a player to wear their stuff doesn't overcome the amount of money he could get on his contract if he plays better with the pad company that doesn't pay him to wear their pads.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:59 PM
  #33
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I understand what you are saying, of course you take the company that is going to pay you to wear their pads, BUT only if all things are equal. The amount of money the company is going play a player to wear their stuff doesn't overcome the amount of money he could get on his contract if he plays better with the pad company that doesn't pay him to wear their pads.


I remember when Jose switched to Itech from Vaughn and his rebound control etc went out the window. Not that I ever found him to be a very good goalie anyhow but his gear certainly didn't help him that is for sure. He switched back next season if memory serves.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 03:15 PM
  #34
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I remember when Jose switched to Itech from Vaughn and his rebound control etc went out the window. Not that I ever found him to be a very good goalie anyhow but his gear certainly didn't help him that is for sure. He switched back next season if memory serves.
I believe that was right after the lockout? He got traded that year and was never the same again. But like I said, lets use Price for example, why would he change companies that aren't not as good, just to get pad a few 100K, when if he keeps his pads which he isn't paid to wear, play better and hence get a bigger contract?

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 04:30 PM
  #35
KareyPrice
Registered User
 
KareyPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
Which is a none factor to a professional goaltender.

So, in other words, it's a terrible choice because you prefer Vaughn...

The most popular sticks are Easton and Mission... but I prefer the Nike/Bauer ones. Does that mean everyone is making a bad decision
Wrong Bauer and Easton are the most popular sticks..... Mission is a garbage brand...

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 05:21 PM
  #36
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I believe that was right after the lockout? He got traded that year and was never the same again. But like I said, lets use Price for example, why would he change companies that aren't not as good, just to get pad a few 100K, when if he keeps his pads which he isn't paid to wear, play better and hence get a bigger contract?
Only Price himself can answer that question honestly as I don't know what his thought process is.

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...d=66&id=121785


Last edited by 29dryden29: 09-02-2011 at 05:27 PM.
29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 02:03 PM
  #37
Subnordi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Why would moving away from Vaughn be a "terrible decision"

I don't see how changing pads could be a terrible decision. Are you confident that he's going to play worse in Reebok? Do players who wear Reebok get injured more?
Ask Crosby.. :/

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 04:12 PM
  #38
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
BAMMM we have a winner

ask price or MAF about that
I wasn't serious.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:11 PM
  #39
dre2112
Registered User
 
dre2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: US and A
Country: United States
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Its simply like this: The white pads, whether they're aesthetic or not, make it harder for a shooter to find open gaps since they'll blend in with the goal net. Therefore I'm happy Price has decided to retain the colour for this year as well. Vezina is on the way believe me.
I believe it's actually the opposite. The white pads make the shooter think they're aiming at open area of the net because the white blends with the ice and mesh but really they're shooting at a pad.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 08:49 AM
  #40
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Price was training and practicing with RBK's last season and the season before as well, maybe they signed him on after his season last year and can be the next goalie with the RBK team along with Fleury, Luongo and Giguere.

As long as he plays like last season and stops the puck, I can care less what brand or color he wears.

GO HABS GO!!!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 03:37 PM
  #41
Habsalicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Well looks like Budaj is now a Bauer goalie. We see alot of euro goalies switching to Bauer. Love that gear so kudos for more representation. Almost looks like lunquvist first set from two years ago but with red sides.

Top strap? Really?


Habsalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 04:18 PM
  #42
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsalicious View Post
Well looks like Budaj is now a Bauer goalie. We see alot of euro goalies switching to Bauer. Love that gear so kudos for more representation. Almost looks like lunquvist first set from two years ago but with red sides.

Top strap? Really?

Those pads look amazing.

The top strap is done so loosely on the goalie pads, I wouldn't worry about it.

Can't wait to see the official Price gear.

Thanks for posting the picture...where did you find it?

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
  #43
Habsalicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Got the pic directly from Bauer's facebook fan page.

I know the top strap is always way loose, but usally goalies use the strap beneath that one to be super loose. I think this might just be the first time he got to see his set in person and the straps where there as standard delivery.

Habsalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 09:04 AM
  #44
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsalicious View Post
Got the pic directly from Bauer's facebook fan page.

I know the top strap is always way loose, but usally goalies use the strap beneath that one to be super loose. I think this might just be the first time he got to see his set in person and the straps where there as standard delivery.

I thought PB wore Bauer last season.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 09:28 AM
  #45
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,311
vCash: 243
I don't see a toestrap, where is it?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 10:25 AM
  #46
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't see a toestrap, where is it?

They are usually a skate lace now.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
  #47
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,311
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
They are usually a skate lace now.
Thats what I used back in the day but the person who posted the pic said "Toe Strap, really?"

But I don't see one, so I don't understand what he means.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 11:35 AM
  #48
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Thats what I used back in the day but the person who posted the pic said "Toe Strap, really?"

But I don't see one, so I don't understand what he means.

LOL i just read that and I thought it said the same thing. It actually said top strap not toe strap lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 11:54 AM
  #49
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,311
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
LOL i just read that and I thought it said the same thing. It actually said top strap not toe strap lol.
lol my bad


Do people actually do without toP straps or why was he questioning it then?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 09:18 AM
  #50
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...e-heading-home

As per Carey, he is going over a few new designs for goalie masks this year, and he has not decided which equipment manufacturer he will go with yet.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.