HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

CMHL (a Cash League) is searching for challenge-seeking GMs.

Old
08-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Mr. Penguin

vCash: 100
CMHL (a Cash League) is searching for challenge-seeking GMs.

INTRODUCTION

CMHL is a Head-to-Head Fantasy Keeper League consisting of 16-20 Teams. Keeper means that you get to keep most of your players at the end of a season. CMHL is also a so called Cash League, meaning that each GM pays an annual fee of $50 USD. All the fee money goes to a pot, and all the cash from the pot is given to the best teams of the league at the end of a season.

During the Regular Season, every team faces each other at least once. After the Regular Season, the 8 best teams will advance to the CMHL Playoffs.

Almost everything in CMHL works on a week by week basis (from Monday to Sunday). A CMHL game usually starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. At the end of the one week period, waivers are cleared (or players waived), roster moves are updated etc. However, simple lineup changes can be made daily using Yahoo Fantrax.

PAYMENT

The first CMHL fee (entry fee) must be paid before the Inaugural Draft begins. The Draft is set to start next Thursday (Sep 8th), so all GMs have about a week to get familiar with the rules and get prepared for the Inaugural Draft and Entry Draft.

LeagueSafe (https://www.leaguesafe.com/) will handle all the money collecting and distributing, so you know your money will be safe and handled properly.
The payout structure will be something close to this:

Regular Season Winner gets => $350
The Stanley Cup Winner gets => $300
Loser of the Cup Final gets => $100
"Bronze Medal Game" winner gets => $50

ROSTER POSITIONS

12 Forwards
6 Defencemen
1 Goaltender
3 Bench
3 IR Spots

That's a max of 22 players on your Pro Team, and these are the players who count against the Cap (Salary Cap of CMHL is $66.0 Million).

Your Farm Team can have up to 13 players, and they don't count against the cap. All players can be sent down to the farm, but players who are 26 years old or older have to go through waivers when sent down.

Players without contracts (your prospects) go to your Junior Team. There's no limit for these unsigned players.

STAT CATEGORIES

The Stat Categories of CMHL and their values (click here)

I dare to claim that our league has one of the most realistic and well thought out point systems in Fantasy Hockey. Penalties have a negative value in CMHL (excluding fights) so you have to be really careful with players who take stupid penalties. Also, defensive players often get undrafted in Fantasy Leagues because most leagues only concentrate on points. In CMHL defensive players have realistic value and they can be very important to your team. That's why you'll see players like Clutterbuck, Cooke, Prust etc drafted for sure.

JOINING CMHL

Before you even apply, be sure to read through the Rulebook of CMHL (click here).
After you've done that and you're certain you understand the rules, if you've come to the conclusion that you would love to join our competitive and well-run league, be sure to send me a Private Message here at HFBoards. In the PM try to tell a little bit about yourself and also remember to tell me why you want to join CMHL and why do you think you'd be a good GM.

After I'm convinced that you'd be a good fit to our new league, you can go and register to the forums here: Register to CMHL

If you want some tough competition, you're active (especially important during the next month because of our Inaugural Draft) and you're ready to let go of $50 USD, then be sure to send me that PM and convince me that CMHL is the place for you.

- Pete, the Commish of CMHL

Last edited by Mr. Penguin: 09-02-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Mr. Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Mr. Penguin

I've received some pretty good applications already, and a couple of not so serious ones as well.

Anyways, one person asked me about the Inaugural Draft.
You can find all the information about CMHL by checking out the site http://s4.zetaboards.com/CMHL/index/

But to briefly describe our Inaugural Draft, it will be an "offline draft", meaning that each team has 8 hours to make their pick on their turn and all picks will be posted on our boards under the Draft Forum section. We will also have an Entry Draft running simultaneously with the Inaugural Draft, and both drafts should be finished before October.

Please keep the PMs coming, there are still 5-7 spots remaining.

Old
08-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Isles72

vCash: 500
heads up eh bud

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=781842

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Mr. Penguin

Only one spot remaining. This is the last chance to join a league that is shaping up to be something anyone would be proud to be part of. Remember to tell a little bit about yourself and your fantasy hockey experience when you apply. Thank you.

Oh and seems like Yahoo won't be able to handle the league, so we'll be moving to Fantrax. Just some good news for those who dislike Yahoo.

Quote:
heads up eh bud
Thanks for the heads up, somehow I missed that (maybe because the topic title says 'advertising'). But I don't see how that applies in this case as I'm not looking to benefit monetarily from this (all cash will be paid out at the end of the season). Also, I've seen other Cash League topics lately and they have been allowed so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.