HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles-Coyotes

Old
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD7952 View Post
Baliey benefits from other forwards like Okposo, Tavares, Moulson, etc where the best forward that Turris gets to play with is Doan and... (silence).

Turris also plays in a defense first system. So I would say his game is MORE developed than Bailey at this point in his career.
all of Bailey's points have come from the third line which is Comeau and Martin/Joensuu

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
redbull
movin'on up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
I know very little about Turris. His development hasn`t necessarily been rapid by any means. He may be on the verge of becoming a fine young player. The Coyotes are counting on it... I don`t think they have any intentions of moving him, nor should they.

This said, I look at him and Bailey and don`t really understand why anyone thinks he may be ahead of Bailey in development or even feature significant traits that make him a more promising player?

I see two similarly sized kids who are being looked at to be big offensive contributors at some point. To date, Bailey`s numbers are either similar or kind of trump Turris`with the exception of last season`s +/-. Ironically, it`s felt that Bailey should wind up as a sound two-way center, so hopefully that`s the worst +/- he`ll ever have. It seems like Turris had a fairly nice playoffs - albeit in a first round sweep. His team was better than the Isles.

As for the suggestion by the OP,... well, it doesn`t look like it makes any sense for either team, especially with Morris not being a tradeable asset.

For the Yotes fans here who likely haven`t really seen the kid (which is logical), I can say that what I`ve seen of Bailey over the past three years, there`s lots of things about his game, his style, his flashes of brilliance and the consistency problems of his rushed development to date that remind me a bit of Henrik Sedin`s first few NHL seasons. You should keep an eye on him just for interest`s sake. It shouldn`t surprise anyone if he ends up being the better NHL (than Turris) over the long run.
I agree with this completely. Both prospects were once highly touted, both have been doubted by fans along the way, both remain solid prospects. Bailey's 17pts in 11 AHL games probably was the highest PPG in the AHL when he was down there - on a last place AHL team for that matter. I suggest his NHL linemates, ice-time and the horrible team he plays on significantly limit his ability to put up points in the NHL.

I like Turris' game though and I think he's a player that can really make strides over the next couple of years.

I don't like the trade for either side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
IMO, the individual components break down like this:

Turris > Bailey
Morris > Katic

So basically the Isles get the two better players, with the 2nd round pick trying to offset the difference? I think you're overvaluing 2nd round picks if that's the case.
I think Turris - Bailey is closer than Morris - Katic but I won't disagree with you. The 2nd rounder doesn't mean much.

I don't think either team would want to trade Turris or Bailey though. I doubt either team covets the other player nor has invested much in their development so I never understand these deals. I suppose many fans think "my prospect is better than your prospect" type trades make any sense but they rarely happen and rarely work. Remember Pouliot - Latendresse?

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote