HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings #8 prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Kings #8 prospect?
Christopher Gibson 4 7.14%
Brandon Kozun 11 19.64%
Andrew Campbell 0 0%
Jordan Weal 0 0%
Nick Shore 0 0%
Linden Vey 7 12.50%
Jeff Zatkoff 1 1.79%
Maxim Kitsyn 12 21.43%
George "Bud" Holloway 1 1.79%
Jake Muzzin 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-02-2011, 12:43 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Kings #8 prospect

Results:

1st: Andrei Loktionov 39.66% (runner up: Viatcheslav Voinov 31.03%)
2nd: Viatcheslav Voinov 79.63% (runner up: Tyler Toffoli 12.96%)
3rd: Tyler Toffoli 53.57% (runner up: Derek Forbort 16.07%)
4th: Derek Forbort 55.88% (runner up: Nicholas Deslauriers 20.59%)
5th: Nicholas Deslauriers 48.57% (runner up: Martin Jones 15.71%)
6th: Martin Jones 27.87% (runner up Thomas Hickey 26.23%)
7th: Thomas Hickey 34.92% (runner up Jake Muzzin 23.81%)

Please reply with who you would like to see added to the poll.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:56 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Muzzin should take this easily. He should be over Hickey IMO. His injuries I think will limit his potential.

Still on the add Gravel train. He's my darkhorse prospect to have a long NHL career.

On the list above, I'd probably go Kitsyn, Shore, then Weal next.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 01:08 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Jake Muzzin

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Muzzin should take this easily. He should be over Hickey IMO. His injuries I think will limit his potential.

Still on the add Gravel train. He's my darkhorse prospect to have a long NHL career.

On the list above, I'd probably go Kitsyn, Shore, then Weal next.
Gravel really makes me nervous. I like his size and the way he plays the game from the times I've seen him, but man has St. Cloud State ever produced a decent NHLer? The past few years has seen some really intriguing prospects (Aaron Marvin, Garret Roe, Oliver Lauridsen) go there and just stagnate or even regress in their development...

I'd agree with your list above except I'd probably throw Holloway in before Shore and Weal. But then I'd also have Zatkoff in that mix as well...

Voted Muzzin... Again.
Add Gravel

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:34 AM
mytdvskingsfan

Kozun...even though his size may be an issue, he's what the kings will need going forward. I like Muzzin a lot, but I think we may be stacked in that department for a long time

mytdvskingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
funky

Muzzin again, in my opinon he has leapfrogged Hickey. NHL ready body and strength. Once he gets more experience and knowledge could have top 4 upside. Maybe take Scuderi's role if lucky.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
spudboy

Why not just do 2 at a time? Or not say who the runner-up was? The runner-up has won the next round every time.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:54 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Gravel really makes me nervous. I like his size and the way he plays the game from the times I've seen him, but man has St. Cloud State ever produced a decent NHLer? The past few years has seen some really intriguing prospects (Aaron Marvin, Garret Roe, Oliver Lauridsen) go there and just stagnate or even regress in their development...

I'd agree with your list above except I'd probably throw Holloway in before Shore and Weal. But then I'd also have Zatkoff in that mix as well...

Voted Muzzin... Again.
Add Gravel
I'm not worried about where he goes to school. Yeah it isn't the best place to go but what can you do? I really think Gravel will be a shutdown dman in that Mitchell/Scuds role in a few years.

As for Zatty, I don't really see much out of him. I see a backup goalie at best where as every other goalie in our system has #1 potential.

And Holloway pissed off Dean big time so who knows if he even stays in the organization.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Voted Gibson

Add Andreoff

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Why not just do 2 at a time? Or not say who the runner-up was? The runner-up has won the next round every time.
I added who the runner up was just to show how close some of the votes have been. I may take it out the next time we do this, just thought it'd be a neat stat to show how close it can get (like Jones and Hickey).

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytdvskingsfan View Post
Kozun...even though his size may be an issue, he's what the kings will need going forward.

It funny that Kozun barely ranks (at least according to these polls) in our Top-10. He's gunna surprise a lot of people this year.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 04:01 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
It funny that Kozun barely ranks (at least according to these polls) in our Top-10. He's gunna surprise a lot of people this year.
Hopefully. He'll need to be one of the driving forces in Manchester along with Loki if that team is to do anything significant this year.

Old
09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Hendrydoso

I vote Kozy. Add King.

Hendrydoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:25 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Not to knock the other players, but there's not enough credit being given to the leading scorer in the entire CHL, while playing in the tightest checking league in juniors.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:24 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Not to knock the other players, but there's not enough credit being given to the leading scorer in the entire CHL, while playing in the tightest checking league in juniors.
The thing with Vey, is that he doesn't do anything special. He has decent offensive skills, but Medicine Hat is mainly a run-gun team, from what I've seen. I think he can be the ideal third liner - a two way player that doesn't have the pure offensive skills and instincts to be a top six guy. I, for one, would put Muzzin, Gibson, and Kozun (who I think can be a top-six player) above Vey.

It's amazing that Gibson might not even be a top 10 prospect on the team. That just shows the type of depth the Kings have. I always say that he should be in the top five but there's simply nobody to take out. In terms of raw potential, though, he is easily in the top five.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
rick3652

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
All the OHL, WHL and Quebec have the same checking in their league look at the average goals for and goals against it is the same in all the leagues.

But you are correct that Vey lead all the CHL in scoring.the year before Kozun lead the WHL in scoring. I voted for Vey i think he will be better than Kozun but we will see who is better.

rick3652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:44 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
The thing with Vey, is that he doesn't do anything special. He has decent offensive skills, but Medicine Hat is mainly a run-gun team, from what I've seen. I think he can be the ideal third liner - a two way player that doesn't have the pure offensive skills and instincts to be a top six guy. I, for one, would put Muzzin, Gibson, and Kozun (who I think can be a top-six player) above Vey.

It's amazing that Gibson might not even be a top 10 prospect on the team. That just shows the type of depth the Kings have. I always say that he should be in the top five but there's simply nobody to take out. In terms of raw potential, though, he is easily in the top five.
It's that new car smell...

He still has a long ways to go and a lot of work to put in before he fulfills the potential that people see in him. It's there but he is no where near being the sure thing some see him as. It's the same people around here that put Muzzin ahead of Martinez but last year put him below Hickey in this poll... It's the same people that last year thought Kozun would put up 80 points in the AHL (some were thinking 100) and now think Toffoli and Vey are the next big thing as far as scoring wingers go. What you said about Vey is pretty spot on exactly the way I feel. But I just don't see the Gibson love. I get that the sky is the limit as far as his ceiling goes but he really hasn't been that impressive in my limited viewing and has a number of areas that need work. He just doesn't seem to be technically sound enough to hide his short-comings like Jones was and I don't think he's athletic enough to make up for his faults as Berube or Quick are. He kind of just comes off as "Meh, he's ok" to me when I've seen him.