HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Mike Stuart

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 04:50 PM
barc the spark

vCash:
Mike Stuart

I just read on another site,that the Blues have called him up.Who is he?

Old
10-20-2003, 05:43 PM
degroat*

vCash: 500
He's a defenseman that earned a contract last year (2002) in camp. I've been high on him sense then and think he's very underrated. Here's what 210 had to say about him on BNF...

"I've been high on Stuart since his recall to Worcester early last season. I figure that unless another d-man goes down the odds he plays will be slim, but I do think that someday he'll make a very good 6th d-man and/or penalty killing forward for the Blues."

Old
10-20-2003, 06:03 PM
CCTigers

Mike played 4 years at Colorado College. He's a very solid, dependable, defensive defenseman. He's the kind of guy who you never really notice much on the ice, since he doesn't rack up the points, deliver monster hits, or take many penalties. He's a very strong skater, and makes smart, simple plays.
I've heard someone in the Blues organization say that they thought that he could make a 4th line forward, and I think that he certainly could play that role.

USCHO has the last 3 years stats (from college) for him:

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player.php?pid=354&gender=m

Old
10-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Saprykin Fan

hey

played on my brother's team last year and penaltry killed with him, hopefuly hes playing tonight in edmonton so i get to watch my buddy sejna play and stuart also.

Old
10-21-2003, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
He's a defenseman that earned a contract last year (2002) in camp. I've been high on him sense then and think he's very underrated. Here's what 210 had to say about him on BNF...

"I've been high on Stuart since his recall to Worcester early last season. I figure that unless another d-man goes down the odds he plays will be slim, but I do think that someday he'll make a very good 6th d-man and/or penalty killing forward for the Blues."
From my IceCats' grade for last season:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201's report card
Mike Stuart (D: 1g,5a,6pts -2)
Perhaps the hidden gem on this team. I expect some big things from Stuart next season.
GRADE: B+
He's a good, solid defenseman that has an above average outlet pass. Not a particularly physical player but is very smart and uses his skills to block shots and get into passing lanes.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:26 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

hey i talked to Peter and Mike after the game in edmonton and are very glad to be with eachother again. CC has really put out some great hockey players these past years. 3 have made the nhl this year that played on CC(colorado college) and look for petiot,stuart to take the next step next year or the year after.

Closed Thread