HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col - Pitt

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2011, 12:35 AM
  #76
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Neal is your definite NO?

Neal is the best of the bunch
Re-read the bloody message.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:37 AM
  #77
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 46,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Yes
Please explain how a player with one 45 point season is better than a perennial 50+ point player (on multiple teams) with physicality and a proven playoff record.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:44 AM
  #78
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Please explain how a player with one 45 point season is better than a perennial 50+ point player (on multiple teams) with physicality and a proven playoff record.
Jones is younger, not nearly as physical but definitely a good 2-way player, a better goal scorer, and his stats will reflect his greater offensive skill in the upcoming seasons. Well, that's assuming he stays healthy since he's had significant injury troubles in past seasons.

Fair enough on the playoffs, he's only been to the post-season once and nobody knows how he'd perform in the upcoming season if the Avs were to make it in.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:52 AM
  #79
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 46,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Jones is younger, not nearly as physical but definitely a good 2-way player, a better goal scorer, and his stats will reflect his greater offensive skill in the upcoming seasons. Well, that's assuming he stays healthy since he's had significant injury troubles in past seasons.

Fair enough on the playoffs, he's only been to the post-season once and nobody knows how he'd perform in the upcoming season if the Avs were to make it in.
Your entire argument is contingent on what you believe Jones will become, not what he's done.

At present, Jones is a better goal-scorer, and that's it. Kunitz is the better player, and he's proven he can play at that level for years both in the regular season and playoffs.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:59 AM
  #80
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Your entire argument is contingent on what you believe Jones will become, not what he's done.

At present, Jones is a better goal-scorer, and that's it. Kunitz is the better player, and he's proven he can play at that level for years both in the regular season and playoffs.
Jones has shown that when he is healthy that he will produce and play a solid two-way game that includes PK. That is not projection. Fine, consider Kunitz the better player for now; Jones' skating will catch up again and he'll score just fine consistently throughout the season. He is most definitely the better player but you can remain skeptic -- he deserves a demerit for not staying healthy. Post-season? Who knows, TBD.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 01:15 AM
  #81
LeafsYoungGuns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Smith Falls, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
.... Why would we trade Malkin for a center who has less talent then him plus some depth?

This trade makes absolutely no sense from Pittsburgh's standpoint
Can you honestly say you could get someone with even close to a comparable level of talent? Because thats not happening, therefore any trade involving Geno isn't going to be well received.
He is just too good.

LeafsYoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 01:34 AM
  #82
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 46,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Jones has shown that when he is healthy that he will produce and play a solid two-way game that includes PK.
As does Kunitz. Except he's also consistently shown he can produce more, hit more, and perform in the post-season.

Quote:
That is not projection. Fine, consider Kunitz the better player for now; Jones' skating will catch up again and he'll score just fine consistently throughout the season. He is most definitely the better player but you can remain skeptic -- he deserves a demerit for not staying healthy. Post-season? Who knows, TBD.
Jones deserves to be considered the lesser player until he actually proves otherwise. He has neither the production nor track record to support your claim.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:03 AM
  #83
csanadi19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Pittsburghs i desperate need of an all star winger, if they were going to trade malkin they'd need that winger in return IMO

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:12 AM
  #84
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 46,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
Pittsburghs i desperate need of an all star winger, if they were going to trade malkin they'd need that winger in return IMO
Nope. It'd be a nice luxury, but the Pens are anything but desperate, and certainly not at the expense of Malkin.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:10 AM
  #85
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 34,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsYoungGuns View Post
Can you honestly say you could get someone with even close to a comparable level of talent? Because thats not happening, therefore any trade involving Geno isn't going to be well received.
He is just too good.
Bingo.

So why do we keep seeing these made by non-Pens' fans. There is not a trade offer anyone can make, in a cap world, that would entice Pen's fans to say anything other than the offer is idiotic. The discussion on these is predictable, and yet we just keep having a ground hog day moment over and over and over in multiple threads daily. The least the mods could do is combine the myriad of these into one thread to isolate the stupid. They could entitle it 'Dumb trade offers that will never happen involving Pens' centers go here.' We get it. Non-Pens' fans have, for the most part, centers on their favorite team that blow. Only seven teams had a single center score 30 or more goals from the center position last year. We have two of the best and another who potentially could enter that group of 30 plus goal scorers and who brings Selke caliber defense to boot. Life is unfair, but that does not mean the Pens have to lessen their team to make things fair for others.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:36 PM
  #86
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff
 
SuburbanRhythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
Pittsburghs i desperate need of an all star winger, if they were going to trade malkin they'd need that winger in return IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Nope. It'd be a nice luxury, but the Pens are anything but desperate, and certainly not at the expense of Malkin.
I'll never understand why people insist they need an all-star winger. Do they need solid wingers? Abso-friggin-lutely. And they have a pretty solid group in Sullivan, Neal, Kunitz, and Kennedy...and throw in Jeffrey and Dupuis who are decent options, though not preferred, in the top 6.

Why must they have a winger who scores 40, when they've got a pair of centers who could each reach 50? Do we get some sort of bonus having both a winger and center break 40 goals, opposed to two centers?

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.