HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season IV

Old
08-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
An update on Mulletgate from Helene Elliott:
Didn't the Kings file that paperwork awhile ago? Does it surprise anyone that the Oilers haven't responded?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Does it surprise anyone that the Oilers haven't responded?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Didn't Boston try to draft Hickey? I'm just sayin'......
good times

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:57 PM
pokerface1

Does anyone know how Loktionov's rehab is going? He had shoulder surgery for the 2nd straight year, right?

pokerface1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:52 PM
KingCanadain1976

Good old matthew Barry is saying Rob Scuderi to hurricanes sabres or leafs ? who could be coming back?

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Good old matthew Barry is saying Rob Scuderi to hurricanes sabres or leafs ? who could be coming back?
Chad LaRose for the third line?

Who knows... Would be nice for our kids to get a shot though.

If there is any truth to it, which there likely isn't, I would be looking for a better left wing prospect. Though that wouldn't make sense mainly because it would be downgrading the team before we attempt at a run for the cup.

-_- I guess it was too much to ask that there would be no more Toronto and LA proposals on the trade board after the Schenn trade. Walked into the trade board and it is all Toronto doesn't want Doughty and Kopitar to Toronto talk.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 09-03-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

I actually think it does make alot of sence and worth the gamble. IMO we need someone to place rw on the 3rd or 2nd line moving Brown to the 3rd. Richarson isn't a rw center or lw is a better place for him. We have more then enuff kids to plug in a defence slot. I think Viatcheslav Voinov or Jake muzzin should be ready to move in if not u have hickey to try or Nicolas Deslauriers. At worse we end up making a trade to plug the hole for a year or so.

Old
09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Trading Scuds would be a horrible move. Mitchell contract expires next year, then what? Johnson is suddenly our most experienced top 4 defender?

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:35 PM
KingCanadain1976

you can resign him or sign a ufa. I really think we need to start playing the kids or they will all disapear to khl or other teams. We have no less then 6 capable kids in the system If we dont play them why have them?

Old
09-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Scuds isn't going anywhere. Dean has already made a lot of moves this summer. Signing Doughty will be the last act.

There will be injuries and you can never have too many defensemen. Just ask Vancouver.

If Dean believes that the #3 RW needs an upgrade, he can move a defensive prospect and a pick.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's Eklund. Nothing more needs to be said.

Old
09-03-2011, 09:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

um no its matthew barry who said its Rob Scuderi

Old
09-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
um no its matthew barry who said its Rob Scuderi
I guess it originated from Eklund with Barry adding the Scuderi part, but nonetheless...

Forget it Jake, it's HockeyBuzz.

Old
09-03-2011, 10:28 PM
KingCanadain1976

well hockey buzz is of course is mostly wrong. Matthew barry doesn't start nearly as many rumours but when he does he has come up with some stuff that happens. Last year willie mitchell comes to mind. He read eklund stuff and then decided to check with his source on it and found out there was something to it. I think it would be a good plan to open a spot on our defense with as many kinds as we have ready. Even if it doesn't whats the purpose of this thread but speculation of possible roster moves.

Old
09-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If there is anyone on defense the Kings should move, it's Matt Greene, not Scuderi. Greene was the worst defenseman on the ice during the playoffs. I like what he brings to the team, so I'm hoping he was playing hurt, but given his contract and the number of mental errors he made during the playoffs, getting burned by speedier players and being out of position, I would think he would be the most expendable player on the blueline. Not Scuderi.

Old
09-03-2011, 10:33 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If there is anyone on defense the Kings should move, it's Matt Greene, not Scuderi. Greene was the worst defenseman on the ice during the playoffs. I like what he brings to the team, so I'm hoping he was playing hurt, but given his contract and the number of mental errors he made during the playoffs, getting burned by speedier players and being out of position, I would think he would be the most expendable player on the blueline. Not Scuderi.
Exactly my sentiments.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:43 PM
KingCanadain1976

well i do see your point on he was the worse playoff defenseman I think the fact hes signed a extra year longer then Scuderi for cheaper as well makes Scuderi the one to move. Also i like the leadership Greene has well I also think hes more of a part of the teams chemistry. With as many young defenseman we have i feel we need to open up a spot this year to give them some experience. I aklso think scuderi has more trade value and will get the kings the rw they need to go deep in the playoffs Richardson isnt the answer.

Old
09-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I didn't know that the #3RW was so important that Dean needs to open up a hole in the top 4 defense.

I guess the whole building up the middle was a smokescreen by Dean to get that elusive #3 RW.

Old
09-03-2011, 11:12 PM
KingCanadain1976

The log jam of prospects makes the need to trade a defenseman. We have at least 4players in my opinion ready to play and another season in the minors for some will not be benefical to them Viatcheslav Voinov derserves to play in the nhl I think hes a top 4 defenseman by the end of the year. He was one of the top defenseman in the ahl and doesn't need any more time. If he should fail theres thomas hickey. another player that needs to see nhl time.
As far as the build up the middle i got no clue where that come from All im saying is this team is solid everywhere else except the 3rd line rw and a move of a defenseman for a 3rw would be the last piece of the puzzle in my opinion

Old
09-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Kingurentai

Trading Scuderi this year is a very bad move. Don't care how many prospects we have. He has been solid.

He's one of those guys you don't notice until he is out of the lineup.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Shellz

I think trading any of our defense is a bad move.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
The log jam of prospects makes the need to trade a defenseman. We have at least 4players in my opinion ready to play and another season in the minors for some will not be benefical to them Viatcheslav Voinov derserves to play in the nhl I think hes a top 4 defenseman by the end of the year. He was one of the top defenseman in the ahl and doesn't need any more time. If he should fail theres thomas hickey. another player that needs to see nhl time.
As far as the build up the middle i got no clue where that come from All im saying is this team is solid everywhere else except the 3rd line rw and a move of a defenseman for a 3rw would be the last piece of the puzzle in my opinion
You want to trade a Stanley Cup winning defenseman because a 21-year old defenseman needs a spot? How about that 21-year old defenseman earns his spot in camp?

Trading Scuderi to fill a third line wing spot is horrible asset management.

Building up the middle is: goaltending, defense and centers. Dean believes that wingers are the least important position and 3rd line wingers even more so. I agree with Dean.

3 vets and 3 kids on the defense is a good mix. Scuderi has been a rock on defense, he's a good partner for Johnson. Who do you pair with Johnson after Scuderi is traded? What happens if Voynov isn't ready for the NHL and Scuderi is already gone?

Old
09-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I think trading any of our defense is a bad move.
Yeah no kidding. Anyone who wants to trade Scuderi to get any of the D prospects, especially Voynov, in the lineup should seriously consider getting their head examined.

Old
09-04-2011, 12:57 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yeah no kidding. Anyone who wants to trade Scuderi to get any of the D prospects, especially Voynov, in the lineup should seriously consider getting their head examined.
I, for one, would not mind at all having Voynov in the lineup instead of Greene (if he gets traded). Greener is a decent shutdown guy but he takes dumb penalties and isn't versatile at all. Voynov has his moments, but I still believe he can be better than Greene...

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I, for one, would not mind at all having Voynov in the lineup instead of Greene (if he gets traded). Greener is a decent shutdown guy but he takes dumb penalties and isn't versatile at all. Voynov has his moments, but I still believe he can be better than Greene...
Lombardi loves having the balance of 3 puck moving defensemen and 3 stay-at-home defensemen. You will never see Greene dropped for Voynov. To be honest, Voynov is not worth the praise he gets from people around here who have never seen him play. He has a long way to go.