HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Not returning for 2011-12 season

Old
09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm just sick of waiting to make a move because of the little ****. He's dictating how the team is run
I agree it's just time to let him go and let another team play the game.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:54 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

The problem with trading Radulov's rights is they won't be very valuable unless there is indication that he wants to come back to the NHL. The same problems that ILILI mentioned we would run into bringing him back here would exist elsewhere. In Russia, he is treated like a god. In North America he would likely be treated as a very good player, but unless he came in putting up 100pts per season he won't be held in as high regard. Of course, if there is indication that he wants to come back then all of the sudden his rights become more valuable to us than the would be to other GMs. We would want to create a package to return a top forward. In that scenario we likely have to give up one or two roster players, a prospect or two, a draft pick or two, and Radulov's rights. Quite a bit to give up if you feel like you'll have that top forward for nothing more than the $900k or so you owe him for the year.

Value is the key here.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:03 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The problem with trading Radulov's rights is they won't be very valuable unless there is indication that he wants to come back to the NHL. The same problems that ILILI mentioned we would run into bringing him back here would exist elsewhere. In Russia, he is treated like a god. In North America he would likely be treated as a very good player, but unless he came in putting up 100pts per season he won't be held in as high regard. Of course, if there is indication that he wants to come back then all of the sudden his rights become more valuable to us than the would be to other GMs. We would want to create a package to return a top forward. In that scenario we likely have to give up one or two roster players, a prospect or two, a draft pick or two, and Radulov's rights. Quite a bit to give up if you feel like you'll have that top forward for nothing more than the $900k or so you owe him for the year. Value is the key here.
Of course this is speculation but maybe another voice in his ear might make a difference. Plus as much as he is treated like a king if they are having financial problems there as I understand it and playing in an inferior league and knowing that if he wants to be considered the best and when I saw him on the Russian team in the Olympics clearly he wasn't the best compared to Ovey and Malkin and Datsyuk and others.Plus we have Poile saying come back where NJ has Kovalchuk saying comeback big difference

Old
09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea to trade his rights. I'm just saying that you have to consider the value of those rights, and how that value changes based on the likelihood of his return to the NHL. Right now, that value is likely pretty low. Everyone knows he intends on playing this season in Russia. Sometime between now and the end of that season something new could be uncovered about the financial situation of Ufa Salavat which makes his return more or less likely. During the summer, conversations could make his return more or less likely. If one or both of those things happen and make his return more likely then he still has some value, but his value to us goes us considerably. The best return you will get for the guy is once he is back in Nashville, participating in camp. By then we have no reason to trade him.

Old
09-03-2011, 09:32 PM
roseyc

Quote:
I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea to trade his rights. I'm just saying that you have to consider the value of those rights, and how that value changes based on the likelihood of his return to the NHL. Right now, that value is likely pretty low. Everyone knows he intends on playing this season in Russia. Sometime between now and the end of that season something new could be uncovered about the financial situation of Ufa Salavat which makes his return more or less likely. During the summer, conversations could make his return more or less likely. If one or both of those things happen and make his return more likely then he still has some value, but his value to us goes us considerably. The best return you will get for the guy is once he is back in Nashville, participating in camp. By then we have no reason to trade him.
only if his attitude has changed

Old
09-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Kshahdoo

http://www.championat.com/hockey/news-916628.html

Here Mikhalev (new Salavat Yulaev coach) admits that the club still owes players money for the last season...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 11:54 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post

Here Mikhalev (new Salavat Yulaev coach) admits that the club still owes players money for the last season...
Maybe we should call radulov and tell him that the Preds pay everyone on time.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post

lol ... color me not shocked

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:18 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

so he is making 900k whether he likes it or not.....

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

http://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/sta...09057367449600

http://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/sta...07834983682049

Quote:
It's interesting that when asked on Twitter on Sept 25 if he is going to stay with Salavat next year @RADUL22 replied "most likely not."

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

until I see Rads in a mustard and blue jersey, he does not exist.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

blah blah, "who?!", blah blah, "we don't need him anyway," blah blah, hope he rots in russia, we score enough goals as is, blah blah.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:12 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Saying that at the start of the season could make for an interesting year for Rads in Russia.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Saying that at the start of the season could make for an interesting year for Rads in Russia.
While true, this doesn't change anything. We can't keep treating Rads like a cheating ex girlfriend who we hope comes to her senses and comes back to us sobbing and admitting she was sorry. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Old
09-27-2011, 04:24 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
I don't see an open roster spot being held. Poile sounds like he's moved on, but will be happy if things change.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:43 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I doubt he comes back this year, but if he does I'm sure a roster spot will be made for him. There is the chance Wilson doesn't play well enough to keep his role in the top six. Bergfors may not work out the way we hope. Halischuk can be sent down (though I think he has to clear waivers. I'm not sure.)

If he does come back it will be 2012-2013. Interesting quotes, though.

edit: I also noticed he said he doubts he will be with Salvat next year. He could still stay in Russia.

Last edited by TMI: 09-27-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old
09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I doubt he comes back this year, but if he does I'm sure a roster spot will be made for him. There is the chance Wilson doesn't play well enough to keep his role in the top six. Bergfors may not work out the way we hope. Halischuk can be sent down (though I think he has to clear waivers. I'm not sure.)

If he does come back it will be 2012-2013. Interesting quotes, though.

edit: I also noticed he said he doubts he will be with Salvat next year. He could still stay in Russia.
What he said. Interesting quotes for sure, and things look slightly more promising for 2012-13, but nothing has changed for this season IMO.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
What he said. Interesting quotes for sure, and things look slightly more promising for 2012-13, but nothing has changed for this season IMO.
If I'm Poile, I'm blowing up his agents phone and even trying to get a word in with Radulov. Now might be the single best opportunity since he left to offer greener pastures.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:43 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
While true, this doesn't change anything. We can't keep treating Rads like a cheating ex girlfriend who we hope comes to her senses and comes back to us sobbing and admitting she was sorry. Not. Gonna. Happen.
I will. Atleast until next offseason. If he doesn't come back then, screw him. But until then, I still love the guy and he is exactly what we need.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:43 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

wouldnt that be soooo neat.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:53 AM
Kshahdoo

Mikhalev (Salavat's coach) is talking about rumors, that Zinoviev and Radulov are gonna leave the team soon. He doesn't know exactly what problems they have, because he doesn't have any problems with them.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:51 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Radulov, if he's coming this yearinstead of next, needs to come now. Since he is under contract to us he might be allowed to come over midseason but imnot sure. I could imagine him wanting to play a partial season here to finish his contract but if I'm poile I demand a whole year, or at least most of one

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 08:03 AM
predfan98

why would he come back here to play for peanuts? He's a rock star in Russia, he'll just go play for another Russian team.

radulov... the player that will never return.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

We can't trust him to come back this year, or next year for that matter. He might as well not exist in my mind. This team needs to push on with its plans to add scoring, and not count on a Russian ghost to get it done.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I don't think anyone is advocating that we rely on Radulov for scoring. His response to the question on twitter was interesting is all. He could remain in Russia and play for another team. He could return here. He could change his mind about not wanting his rights traded, and demand that Poile trade him to a bigger market. Hell, he could suffer a severe concussion today and be done. Who knows? It's just fun to talk about while waiting for the next puck to drop. Nothing more.

And I don't know about the situation in the KHL first hand, but we don't even know if Radulov's contract can even be paid by any of the other clubs. There still exists the possibility that playing for "peanuts" here (close to a million for a year without a state income tax and with his condo paid off isn't bad) is better than what he can get next year in Russia.