HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part III (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

View Poll Results: Which team is better?
Former Habs 34 44.16%
Current Habs 33 42.86%
It's even 4 5.19%
None 6 7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2011, 05:15 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Good Man, best of luck to him for the next two seasons.
Hell yeh, this guy is class. He's gonna miss all of us

Old
08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
shutehinside

Why is he training here and not Washington? I like the guy but he's not a Hab anymore. I don't like the new way of thinking where all these players are all friends. I say he's a Cap now and should train with them.

Old
08-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
on CKAC. He's training with our guys in Brossard.
yup, still upset he wasn't offered 2 year deal. will be in the city for 2 more weeks. hasn't even found a place to live in DC yet

http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/...31-021759.html

Old
09-01-2011, 09:14 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
on CKAC. He's training with our guys in Brossard.
I wish Hamrlik the best. He has a great opportunity to play with some world class talent in Washington.

And towards the Montreal organization he has done nothing but offer respect and gratitude. He's been class all of the way despite what he's gotten in return from some of the fanbase and some of the media.

Old
09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Chatted with lots of #mnwild players today: Schultz, Staubitz, Lundin, Wellman, Stoner, Harding and a noticeably thinner Latendresse
http://twitter.com/#!/Russostrib/sta...93782047465472

He looked in a good shape back in July. Wondering if he still has improved since July.

Old
09-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I have to be consequent....you know my position on Hammer....I'll say there is some chance we will miss him dearly. A Hamrlik who plays his spot is still really really valuable. Though we will have a good D squad, I would have prefered Hammer to Gill and Spacek.

Old
09-02-2011, 06:22 PM
couris

Latendresse traded for Benoit Pouliotte...now Pouliotte with the Bruins...watch Latendresse score 30 goals.... I'm looking forward to see this board implode.

Old
09-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Andy

Read on the Bruins board that Pouliot put on 15 pounds of muscle. There's also a video of him there...he's looking pretty ripped.

Old
09-05-2011, 01:09 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Read on the Bruins board that Pouliot put on 15 pounds of muscle. There's also a video of him there...he's looking pretty ripped.
For the record I never wanted him gone.

Old
09-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Someone on the Bruins board made a comparison between Pouliot and Dan Cleary. At first, I didn't think much of it but after reading the careers of both players lined up against each other, it seems to be a mirror image.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
09-05-2011, 01:44 PM
macavoy

Quote:
I didn't understand all the hate either. If you ignore that he was drafted 4th overal, for $1.5m, he's a great 3rd liner that can put up 10-15 goals. Teams need these type of cheap producers to add secondary scoring. Next year, we are going to have a void on the 3rd line with AK leaving and hopefully Eller graduating to a 2nd line role.

Old
09-05-2011, 01:48 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I didn't understand all the hate either. If you ignore that he was drafted 4th overal, for $1.5m, he's a great 3rd liner that can put up 10-15 goals. Teams need these type of cheap producers to add secondary scoring. Next year, we are going to have a void on the 3rd line with AK leaving and hopefully Eller graduating to a 2nd line role.

Palushaj will probably fill the void on the 3rd line + $$$ for a UFA

Old
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Me neither....but it would be nice if Pouliot would have put some muscles when he joined us....Though for his sake...he had to go. But some will say for our sake too.

The problem with that trade is that it made no sense. You trade the type of guy that might NEVER be able to flourish under Martin....to get EXACTLY the same type of player and guess what...he didn't flourish either. Pouliot might not be what Latendresse can become. But he surely should be a better and more valuable player under a Julien's system.

I have no idea how our enemies keep bugging us like that...and we seem unable to do it. At best, the only guys we took from the enemy whether Boston or Toronto and that it pissed some of their fans were....Metropolit and Gill. And in the history...well we have to go back to Russ Courtnall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Palushaj will probably fill the void on the 3rd line + $$$ for a UFA
I'm a BIG Palushaj fan. Big one. Well especially the Michigan Palushaj, he was so great to watch over there. But in this NHL, the biggest complain we had about Pouliot was his balance and lack of power.

Take Palushaj and multiple by 10. Watch the latest Palushaj vid when he said he gained 8 pounds of muscles....you wonder where he put it. I had bigger shoulders at 16 years old....and it wasn't fat.

Aaron has leaps to do physically or he'll never make it.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-06-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Since when does putting on muscle make you a smarter hockey player?

Old
09-05-2011, 06:01 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Since when does putting on muscle make you a smarter hockey player?
Where did anyone say that?

Old
09-05-2011, 07:06 PM
couris

15 lbs of muscle???? how do you do that

Old
09-05-2011, 07:07 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
15 lbs of muscle???? how do you do that

Old
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Where did anyone say that?
The "I never wanted him gone!" posts seem to me like a knee-jerk reaction, implying that Pouliot has somehow already proven the Habs wrong for giving up on him. As if all he needed to do to improve beyond anything the Wild or Habs had seen was to add muscle.

Old
09-06-2011, 10:02 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
The "I never wanted him gone!" posts seem to me like a knee-jerk reaction, implying that Pouliot has somehow already proven the Habs wrong for giving up on him. As if all he needed to do to improve beyond anything the Wild or Habs had seen was to add muscle.
After the second half of last season most of hfboards began grumbling that BennyP had to go. After the playoffs it was w loud, regular occurrence.

I want(ed) Hamrlik, Spacek, Gomez and Moen gone. But never Pouliot because he showed tons of potential and had size.

And now he's a Bruin with a chip in his shoulder.

Old
09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Oh, I misunderstood your meaning. Well it's true that it doesn't make you a better player, but we know that terrible balance and being knocked around a bit too easy was one of pouliots worst qualities. I liked pouliot, although I think it's clear martin didn't. We'll see next year if we have another Sergei situation on our hands.

Old
09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Oh, I misunderstood your meaning. Well it's true that it doesn't make you a better player, but we know that terrible balance and being knocked around a bit too easy was one of pouliots worst qualities. I liked pouliot, although I think it's clear martin didn't. We'll see next year if we have another Sergei situation on our hands.
Cant see the Sergei situation happening. Everyone knew SK has the ability to do what he is doing he just burnt his bridges here. Pouliot has had multiple chances on different teams to show something and he will in a 10 game spurt then go full retard for 20-30 games while falling all over the place. He wont even get a shot in the bruins top 6 unless the injury bug hits, hell he isnt even guaranteed a roster spot.

Old
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Habsfan18

Like I've stated before, it's pretty clear that a motivated Pouliot is a dangerous Pouliot. He just doesn't show that side of him nearly enough.

My bet:

He starts off hot, then cools down and spends a chunk of the season either on the 4th line or even out of the lineup.

Oh, and he'll definitely come out to play against the Habs.

Old
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I always liked Pouliot. During his tenure as a Hab he pulled some of the most clever and niftiest moves I've seen from any Habs' player in recent years. In that respect he did remind me of SK74 a bit.

His balance or lack thereof was bothersome but so was Pacioretty's. I wish Pouliot would have been retained for at least another year despite his fetish for penalties. It just seemed to me his time in the penalty box was spent out of frustration for his own situation. It was like there was no room for error because he was on a short leash.

Old
09-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Toe Blake

This morning Spectors drew my attention to a Red Fisher article in the Gazette discussing Toe Blake and an arena named after him in Coniston, Ontario (where the bilingual Blake was born). I followed the Spector (Lyle Richardson) piece to the end and downloaded the names and pictures of all of Blake's teammates and players. I was surprised to see how few of his Canadien teammates were Québécois. I suggest that members of this board look it up. It calls into question the commonly held belief that the old time Habs (late 1930s-early 1940s) were predominantly francophones playing before their friends and relatives.

Old
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Pouliot put on a lot of weight last summer as well. I think he came into camp at ~210 pounds. He wasn't able to keep it on as the season progressed.

Closed Thread