HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey Monkey

Old
09-04-2011, 03:59 PM
arne0107
Rookie User

vCash: 500
I've never bought from hockeymonkey, but I've bought plenty from their goalie branch goaliemonkey. Great prices and their clearances are beauts. I track the site multiple times per week to consider pre-worn pro gear and new items on clearance.

Can't get better in my opinion... much better than hockeygiant. Another good source I recommend is totalhockey. monkey has easily the best selection but totalhockey has very good customer service.

arne0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 05:29 PM
BLBarmada

Any Canadian sites that are good ?

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
goonx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4all View Post
7k is the best option. But, if you still want a graf shinpad, try totalhockey. they got graf GS shin for $60. Ordered a pair and its awesome! the best fitting shinpad ever, as well as their elbow pad.
Any suggestions for shin guards around that price range. I don't really mind the brand. I was looking int bauers/warriors as well. Anything that's available on hockeymonkey at around that price: $40-$60

goonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 08:52 AM
shoeshine boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonx View Post
HM told me this friday that the shin pads (G700s) I ordered is out of stock? (49hrs after i placed my order) They said they don't have live inventory. It's my first time purchasing from them so it's not off to a good start. This is what they offered me instead:

Graf G700 Sr. Shin Guards
OPTIONS:
* G500 13inch
* Bauer X30 13inch
* Easton EQ20 13inch
* CCM U 05LE 13inch
* Reebok 7K 13inch

20% off

What do you guys think? I had ordered the G700 at a slick price. $50 + 15% off. I'm a bit disappointed that they couldn't fulfill my order.
lol! they did the SAME thing to me on Thursday!!! the exact same shin guards! basically anytime I order from HM I wait for them to call me and tell me that they're out of something. I had put in an order for multiple items for me and some teammates. interesting that their replacement suggestions are completely different from what they offered me. my friend that got the shin guards went with Warrior Bully instead. if you haven't chosen already go with Warrior or Bauer as they're (and Graf) the only manufacturers that make 13 inch senior shin guards.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 12:43 PM
goonx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine boy View Post
lol! they did the SAME thing to me on Thursday!!! the exact same shin guards! basically anytime I order from HM I wait for them to call me and tell me that they're out of something. I had put in an order for multiple items for me and some teammates. interesting that their replacement suggestions are completely different from what they offered me. my friend that got the shin guards went with Warrior Bully instead. if you haven't chosen already go with Warrior or Bauer as they're (and Graf) the only manufacturers that make 13 inch senior shin guards.
Guess what... i asked for the 7ks and they went out of stock!! I'm so annoyed by this. Any suggestions? I'm asking for options with warrior/reebok shin guards. The Reebok 9K, Warrior Koncept/Bondafide/anything above bully, Vapor X:40s, Easton EQ30s.

Btw, is there a big difference between 13inch seniors from those manufacturers and 14 inches?

Old
09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
mhkehoe

Quote:
Guess what... i asked for the 7ks and they went out of stock!! I'm so annoyed by this. Any suggestions? I'm asking for options with warrior/reebok shin guards. The Reebok 9K, Warrior Koncept/Bondafide/anything above bully, Vapor X:40s, Easton EQ30s.

Btw, is there a big difference between 13inch seniors from those manufacturers and 14 inches?
There will be a difference. I am 5'7", and some 13" shins don't give me full protection (small gap on the side near the ankle). I am using the Easton ST in 14" right now and they give full coverage. They are the limit of what I can wear properly, and I have to wear them on the outside of my skate tongue for ice because the guard on the tongue flexes into the top of my foot if I tuck them in. I tuck them in in roller since they have the softer tongues.

And the above is why I don't order much from Hockey Monkey. Their shipping details never update, I will have the product on the doorstep before I get a tracking number.

Try IW next time if they have what you want (I don't believe they normally carry Graf). I've had them go out of stock once, and it was due to their warehouse inventory being off, not because of real time and they upgraded me. Had another time I e-mailed them about a size and they added a skate to the site they just received.

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 09:21 PM
goonx

Hockeymonkey turned out big for me. After all the confusion and frustration, they compensated with additional discounts and offered to honor the price for another piece of equipment. I'm going to pay less for more!

They're great if you're willing to stick it through. I would suggest people call-in and ahead to find out what's available though before placing their orders.

Old
09-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Mxpunk

One of the best secrets: Prices are a lot lower in the store than online. Some sticks are $30 cheaper in store, and they also give you 5% off if you buy 2, 10% off if you buy 3.

I also saw a pair of Easton EQ5s on the site for $250; they were $200 in store.

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 12:19 AM
mhkehoe

Quote:
Hockeymonkey turned out big for me. After all the confusion and frustration, they compensated with additional discounts and offered to honor the price for another piece of equipment. I'm going to pay less for more!

They're great if you're willing to stick it through. I would suggest people call-in and ahead to find out what's available though before placing their orders.
Sweet! Despite their flawed online ordering system, they do seem to have decent customer service. If they offered free delivery for orders over a certain amount, I would use them more often than I do.

And the cheaper prices in store don't surprise me too much. In the age of smart phones and bar code reader apps, having a lower in store price might get that person on the fence and maybe even impulse shoppers. Plus, doesn't Hockey Giant have locations nearby most of the Hockey Monkey locations? I am in NorCal, so the closest big hockey shop near me is Hockey X Sport 100 miles away in Oakland.

Also, using SERP10 as the coupon code for Hockey Monkey works fairly often.

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote