HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyutin signs 6 yr deal

Old
09-03-2011, 03:14 PM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Exactly, you could've spent another 1 to 1.5 million and gotten a defenseman who's actually good.
That is easy to say. But what if you don't sign Tyutin, he leaves, and then there is no FA defenseman that is at least as good as him for us to sign? We go overpay for another defenseman who isn't as good as Tyutin. I would much rather have Tyutin than take a chance on getting a defenseman better than him in FA.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJack View Post

Needed something to do while watching the OSU game. May get this on a jersey (just the name) because it amuses me.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
PirateJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
No sense of humor Chief? Don't forget this golden oldey I did last season:

I don't get all the hate, he's usually good for half a season.

PirateJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJack View Post
No sense of humor Chief? Don't forget this golden oldey I did last season:

I don't get all the hate, he's usually good for half a season.
I have a nice sense of humor ... but puns can be...well...

Old
09-03-2011, 08:50 PM
PirateJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
I have a nice sense of humor ... but puns can be...well...
That's the happiest cyborg I've ever seen.

PirateJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:25 PM
bizzz*

Speaking about "turnover machine" Tyutin and Keith. Last year Fedor had 29 turnovers total. And Keith made 83 giveaways.
I mean Keith made almost 3 times more turnovers than Tyutin.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:51 PM
hockeyplyr814

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Speaking about "turnover machine" Tyutin and Keith. Last year Fedor had 29 turnovers total. And Keith made 83 giveaways.
I mean Keith made almost 3 times more turnovers than Tyutin.
While that is a surprising stat, Duncan Keith had a horrible year. He also handles the puck at least 3 times as often as Tyutin. Also, my dislike of Tyutin is only slightly due to his awful turnovers, its mostly his inability to make basic reads in the defensive zone. His coverage is terrible, he is almost perpetually out of position. I can't tell if its that he simply doesn't know what he's doing, or if he just can't skate well enough to efficiently get to where he needs to be, but I don't think I have ever seen any full time defensemen at any level get beat as consistently as Fedor does.

hockeyplyr814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplyr814 View Post
While that is a surprising stat, Duncan Keith had a horrible year. He also handles the puck at least 3 times as often as Tyutin. Also, my dislike of Tyutin is only slightly due to his awful turnovers, its mostly his inability to make basic reads in the defensive zone. His coverage is terrible, he is almost perpetually out of position. I can't tell if its that he simply doesn't know what he's doing, or if he just can't skate well enough to efficiently get to where he needs to be, but I don't think I have ever seen any full time defensemen at any level get beat as consistently as Fedor does.

Okay, I have come to the conclusion that we are simply somehow not watching the same hockey player. There is literally not a single bit of this assessment of Tyutin that I can agree with or even find reasonably accurate. It reads to me like an assessment of Nash that talks about his complete inability to get past defensemen or score goals.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 09:59 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Okay, I have come to the conclusion that we are simply somehow not watching the same hockey player. There is literally not a single bit of this assessment of Tyutin that I can agree with or even find reasonably accurate. It reads to me like an assessment of Nash that talks about his complete inability to get past defensemen or score goals.
Thanks, Viqsi, you just saved me from extreme moderator censure.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 11:14 AM
cbjpointman
It begins here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplyr814 View Post
Wow. That's a pretty damning assessment. Scariest part is that our GM and organization has watched the same guy for 3 seasons and rewarded his increbibly incapable defensive zone play with a 6 year contract. Sounds like I should find new team to follow for the foreseeable future...

cbjpointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 09:49 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Exactly, you could've spent another 1 to 1.5 million and gotten a defenseman who's actually good.
When and Where could you have spent that?

What could GMSH have spent on that on this offseason and gotten? Never mind next year, when no one is going to be available. Flawed thinking because you dislike the guy, for no obvious reason, other than your secret love affair with Dan Fritsche and Zherdev

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
When and Where could you have spent that?

What could GMSH have spent on that on this offseason and gotten? Never mind next year, when no one is going to be available. Flawed thinking because you dislike the guy, for no obvious reason, other than your secret love affair with Dan Fritsche and Zherdev
Now, now, let's be fair. I've had a not-so-secret love affair with those two as well (I was busy telling folks before that trade that moving Fritsche would be a bad idea as I was convinced he'd find an "extra gear" in the playoffs - and hey, who knows, maybe someday he still might) and yet I'm not that crazy. Disappointed in my boys from before, but not crazy.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Now, now, let's be fair. I've had a not-so-secret love affair with those two as well (I was busy telling folks before that trade that moving Fritsche would be a bad idea as I was convinced he'd find an "extra gear" in the playoffs - and hey, who knows, maybe someday he still might) and yet I'm not that crazy. Disappointed in my boys from before, but not crazy.
No problem if you have a love affair with a player(s), we all do. The issue is taking away from the only guy in that trade who is still in the NHL. Who was the TOI leader for this team, for the past 2 years. Who puts up more points on the blueline than anyone else. The list goes on and on.....

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
No problem if you have a love affair with a player(s), we all do. The issue is taking away from the only guy in that trade who is still in the NHL. Who was the TOI leader for this team, for the past 2 years. Who puts up more points on the blueline than anyone else. The list goes on and on.....
I'm not a Tyutin fan in the least - I've stated that before a number of times, and I'm sure if you look back on a lot of threads, I've been complaining about him.

That being said, this statement is completely true. Whether or not we think we could have "nickel and dimed" Fedor down on this deal, he has been our most reliable, productive defenseman for the past couple of seasons, and there's something to be said for that. Not to mention, he's willing to sign on with us for 6 years - to me, that says he's a guy that's committed to being in the mix, and committed to making this team a contender.

Players don't sign on long-term with teams that they see no future with.