HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ehrhoff introduced; Regier speaks on salary cap (trades) and ROC assistants

Old
08-17-2011, 06:06 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Ehrhoff introduced; Regier speaks on salary cap (trades) and ROC assistants

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...L%7CBUF%7Chome

Ehrhoff's introductory presser was today. A few good quotes:

Quote:
After spending all day Wednesday negotiating with the Islanders, Ehrhoff quickly realized there wasn’t a fit for him there.

“For me, the number one criteria is that I want to play for a championship, and I didn’t see that with the Islanders. So I decided not to take their offer, which was a great offer.”

Buffalo stepped in late Wednesday night, and acquired Ehrhoff’s rights from the Islanders in a trade that sent a 2012 fourth rounder to Long Island. So once again, Ehrhoff had another surprise waiting for him when his alarm clock went off in Germany.
Seems like he got a similar deal in NY but didn't view them as a contender.

More importantly, Darcy spoke about the cap and how he wants to alleviate:

Quote:
Sabres GM Darcy Regier met with the media afterwards, and said he’d like to address the team’s salary cap issues through trades rather than just send a veteran down to Rochester.

“Hopefully that’s not the case. Hopefully we’ll be able to make some moves to address that prior to the start of the season.”
Quote:
Regier said he also expects to make an announcement early next week regarding assistant coaches for Rochester. Former US National Team development head coach Ron Rolston was hired as the Amerks’ new bench boss on July 27.
So nothing new. If he has to, he'll relegate the usual duo to Rochester. But he's clearly looking to deal. Do you think minor dumpoffs? or dealing of a dman in conjunction with a bad deal to try to clear space and simultaneously get better?

Last edited by jBuds: 08-17-2011 at 06:24 PM.
jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Sabretip

WGR had earlier updates that I posted individually to several existing older threads that cover each subject (Ehrhoff, Grier, Asst. Coach, Scouting, Cap trades)....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=917559&page=5

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=930151&page=20

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=955575&page=5

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=959039&page=3

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=943803&page=5

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=939221&page=16

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=961717

Last edited by Sabretip: 08-17-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:44 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quite the effort there, tip. Pressers and interviews usually warrant their own discussion. And I've also asked for some comments on the trade front. Feel free to abstain.

Old
08-17-2011, 07:51 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Quote:
"I didn't see that [Cup chance] with the Islanders so I decided not to take their offer, which was a great offer they made [five years for $23 million]," he said. "The next morning I woke up and was with Buffalo and went through the process again of talking to ownership, management and the coach.
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...to-sabres.html
That can't be right. Vancouver reportely offered him the same contract, why would the Isles trade for his rights and then come up with that kind of low-ball offer?

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Quite the effort there, tip. Pressers and interviews usually warrant their own discussion. And I've also asked for some comments on the trade front. Feel free to abstain.
Each of the individual thread subjects in the past also covered pressers and interviews within them and the recent one on MAG+payroll prediction lobbied for trade thoughts / ideas to deal with the cap topic.

But, hey, I'm German - I like things in their neat and organized categories, where it's easier to focus discussion on 1-2 specific subjects rather than a wide range of many subjects inside one thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
That can't be right. Vancouver reportely offered him the same contract, why would the Isles trade for his rights and then come up with that kind of low-ball offer?
Well, it's Harrington reporting so it wouldn't be the first time...

Old
08-17-2011, 09:46 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Each of the individual thread subjects in the past also covered pressers and interviews within them and the recent one on MAG+payroll prediction lobbied for trade thoughts / ideas to deal with the cap topic.

But, hey, I'm German - I like things in their neat and organized categories, where it's easier to focus discussion on 1-2 specific subjects rather than a wide range of many subjects inside one thread.
I'd prefer to read fresh threads on Ehrhoff being introduced to te media. I'm over the contract signing announcement thread

Old
08-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Funny to hear Regier mention Butler by mistake at 2:50 as "one of the young guys".

08-17-2011, 11:13 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Funny to hear Regier mention Butler by mistake at 2:50 as "one of the young guys".

He's vital for future plans.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 03:26 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Kotalik for Butler e4

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't a mistake... Maybe we're trading Morrisonn & AlKo to Ottawa for Bobby Butler!!! ZOMG - Awesome!!!!

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 08:28 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Kotalik for Butler e4

hahaha nice

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:09 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Quote:
You do realize this is the team that had it's back up goalie retire so he could be promoted to GM, right?

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:46 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
http://twitter.com/#!/KatieStrangNYI...81527020519424

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:41 AM
MLH

Jay McKee will be an assistant in Rochester.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:46 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Quote:
#Isles offered CE significantly more (in $ and term) than Vancouver reportedly offered (5-yr, $23 M) and set a 5 pm deadline; he declined
Maybe Harrington misunderstood that quote. The way I see it is the Nucks "reportedly offered (5-yr, $23 M)" and the Isles "offered CE significantly more (in $ and term) than Vancouver".

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
Jay McKee will be an assistant in Rochester.
Source?

The Rochester thread had an article that predicted two men Rolston had experience with in collegiate ranks were the likely candidates....?

Old
08-30-2011, 05:45 PM
MLH

Quote:
Source?

The Rochester thread had an article that predicted two men Rolston had experience with in collegiate ranks were the likely candidates....?
Here you go:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...erks-aide.html

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
More importantly, Darcy spoke about the cap and how he wants to alleviate:

So nothing new. If he has to, he'll relegate the usual duo to Rochester. But he's clearly looking to deal. Do you think minor dumpoffs? or dealing of a dman in conjunction with a bad deal to try to clear space and simultaneously get better?
Quote:
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow said he didn't expect to add any veterans to his forward lines, though he may be looking for an experienced defenseman.
Quote:
Chris Botta of Islanders Point Blank recently spoke with four NHL scouts who suggested Snow would shop around for blueline depth. The Isles’ lack of experienced depth on defense is a legitimate concern. Their blueline currently consists of Mark Streit, Milan Jurcina and Mark Eaton, followed by Andrew MacDonald, Ty Wishart and Travis Hamonic.
Quote:
Snow's payroll currently sits about $2.3 million beneath the salary cap floor, though the Isles would become cap compliant if right wing prospect Nino Niederreiter cracks the lineup this season, as expected.

If he wants, Snow has more than enough cap space to add an experienced defenseman or two via free agency or trade.

That will stoke blogosphere speculation of Snow trying to land Long Island native Mike Komisarek from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Bear in mind the Isles GM is likely under orders to keep payroll as low as possible, meaning there won't be room for a blueliner like Komisarek, who carries a $4.5 million per season contract for three more years, even if Snow sent salary the other way.

Snow’s best trade option appears to be the Sabres, who are rumored to be trying to move Shaone Morrisonn and the last year ($2.075 million) of his contract.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...k-defense.html

Old
09-06-2011, 12:05 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but I've been away the past weekend, so forgive me if brought up:

Quote:
McKee will be joining Chaddcq Cassidy under new Amerks head coach Ron Rolston. Cassidy worked under Rolston for five years with the U.S. National Development Team.
So Cassidy and McKee will be Rolston's assistants in Rochester?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle539937.ece

Old
09-06-2011, 01:04 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but I've been away the past weekend, so forgive me if brought up:

So Cassidy and McKee will be Rolston's assistants in Rochester?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle539937.ece
They announced it last week.

It's in the Amerks thread, including videos from the presser.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote