HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2011, 03:12 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Preseason tickets for sale. I have a pair of tickets in sec 202 row e for the following games. Caps 9/21 and Wild 9/29 games. Face of these tickets is $88 a pair but I am only asking $40 obo per pair or trade for tickets to one of the other two preseason games.
Caps game is sold, but I still have the Wild tickets.

Old
09-05-2011, 03:28 PM
JacketBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
is the price of $250 for one person or two people?
The price of the bus trip is $225 per person for members when there are 2 people in the hotel room. The price goes down a bit if you have 3 (save $20 per person) or 4 (save $35 per person) people in your hotel room.

Since there is limited availability on the bus, we charge an extra $25 per person for non-members. Memberships are currently $10 per person and each member is allowed to bring one guest. We encourage people to join the club and save some money.

Also, as mentioned in another post, a third bus is a possibility but is not yet planned. If there is enough interest for a third bus, we will check to see if a third bus and the required hotel rooms are available. The Jacket Backers will do our best to get as many people to Nashville as we can. We added the 2nd bus last Monday and certainly didn't expect it to fill up this fast but it isn't full yet. There still are a few seats left on the 2nd bus.

We are also offering "tickets only" in our block in Nashville for $60 each. The seats are in the Club Level and have a $67 face value.

Old
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

The Mrs. and I are going to be on one of those busses. Can't wait!

Old
09-06-2011, 12:03 PM
ice92

OT - Columbus

Hi,

Oiler fan here. I will be traveling for work to Cincinnati in a couple of weeks. I was hoping I might be able to catch a preseason game in Columbus but it looks not promising since I will be in Cincinnati on Wed Sept 21, it would probably be a long drive at night and I will probably have to wake up early on Thursday. Say if I wanted to go how much could I pick up a preseason ticket for? I would be looking for something cheaper. Could I just show up at the game and scalpers will sell cheap tickets?

I was also thinking of going to either Columbus or Indianapolis for the weekend. I have never been to Ohio or Kentucky. I'm wondering what would be a better choice? I'm looking to sight-see mostly. Take pictures.

Thanks a lot

Mike

Old
09-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice92 View Post
Hi,

Oiler fan here. I will be traveling for work to Cincinnati in a couple of weeks. I was hoping I might be able to catch a preseason game in Columbus but it looks not promising since I will be in Cincinnati on Wed Sept 21, it would probably be a long drive at night and I will probably have to wake up early on Thursday. Say if I wanted to go how much could I pick up a preseason ticket for? I would be looking for something cheaper. Could I just show up at the game and scalpers will sell cheap tickets?

I was also thinking of going to either Columbus or Indianapolis for the weekend. I have never been to Ohio or Kentucky. I'm wondering what would be a better choice? I'm looking to sight-see mostly. Take pictures.

Thanks a lot

Mike
Not a whole lot to do in Indianapolis, unless you like Indy Car racing and want to check out the speedway. They have the Colts, if you're into football and want to watch them play (are they even at home that week?)

Columbus has a lot of stuff to do - it's grown quite substantially since I last lived there, so I'm sure the folks that still do live there can give you more input on Columbus than I can. I will say that the science center is top shelf, the zoo is great (not sure what the hours are this time of year?), and there are various malls and shopping centers if you're into that sort of thing. The arena district is pretty neat just to check out, if you're a sports fan (the stadium in Indianapolis, for example, is in a sketchy part of town) ... really, entertainment is fairly easy to come by in Columbus.

As far as scalping tickets, that's fairly easy to do in Columbus, since scalping is legal as long as it's not directly on arena property. Me and my buddies would never get tickets in advance (unless it was a big game), because it was easy to go down and drop $10 per seat and get fairly decent seats right as the game was about to start. Usually, at that point, the scalpers are just looking to get rid of seats. Not sure if they are as prevalent in preseason, because there isn't as high of a demand for seats, but you might still get lucky.

Hope that helps - hope you enjoy the trip. Just took my family up to Calgary two weeks ago, so we were sorta in your neck of the woods.

Old
09-06-2011, 12:46 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

It's not too far of a drive from Cincy to Columbus, depending on how fast you drive, it's an hour and a half or so. Like was mentioned, you should have no trouble getting tickets to a preseason game. Just walk around, and don't pay anything close to full price! Scalpers are scalpers, but, still, they can be had for a whole lot less than that.

Old
09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot

Mike
Elsewhere in this thread you'll find suggestions for some of the many things to do around Columbus. For sightseeing, I'd put the Statehouse high on your list, as well as German Village, Franklin Park Consevatory, and the Art Museum. OSU campus has the Wexner Center, which often features modern or avant garde exhibits, as well as thousands of young, fit, "sights" for every taste (it's the largest campus in America). Indy's nice, too, but I'd suggest sticking with Ohio!

Old
09-06-2011, 02:09 PM
ice92

Columbus

wow, I can't believe you can go to a game with $10. Here in Edmonton it's about 4 times more for crappy seats. Thanks a lot for the info. I think I'll go to Columbus instead of Indianapolis. What is better for outlet stores? I need to get a suit and running shoes, it's a lot cheaper in the states than here.

I found the Cincinnati premium outlet stores online. Would Columbus have better deals or they are the same? I prefer to spend $300 or less but get a good suit.

Thanks

Old
09-06-2011, 02:13 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
wow, I can't believe you can go to a game with $10. Here in Edmonton it's about 4 times more for crappy seats. Thanks a lot for the info. I think I'll go to Columbus instead of Indianapolis. What is better for outlet stores? I need to get a suit and running shoes, it's a lot cheaper in the states than here.

I found the Cincinnati premium outlet stores online. Would Columbus have better deals or they are the same? I prefer to spend $300 or less but get a good suit.

Thanks
Jeffersonville Outlet Mall - half-way between Cincy and Columbus off of I-71

http://tangeroutlet.com/jeffersonville/directory

Old
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:

Thanks
If you are coming on a short trip I would suggest parking near the rink, and walking around the Arena District and Short North. The Arena District has a lot of cool places (North Market, numerous restaurants, etc.), and the Short North (just northeast of the rink) is more of an arts district with many 'local' establishments. If you are into anything in particular, or want any suggestions, let me know.

Old
09-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingOvertime View Post
If you are coming on a short trip I would suggest parking near the rink, and walking around the Arena District and Short North. The Arena District has a lot of cool places (North Market, numerous restaurants, etc.), and the Short North (just northeast of the rink) is more of an arts district with many 'local' establishments. If you are into anything in particular, or want any suggestions, let me know.
Boy, the Short has changed since I was a kid ... I grew up there, and back then it was downright scary. Glad to hear it's grown into a community, there were a lot of good people in that area (mixed in with some very bad people)

Old
09-07-2011, 08:18 AM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Boy, the Short has changed since I was a kid ... I grew up there, and back then it was downright scary. Glad to hear it's grown into a community, there were a lot of good people in that area (mixed in with some very bad people)
I'm glad I decided to live in the area opposed to Grandview, Clintonville, etc. while I'm here for a few years. There is still some 'trouble' east of High, but nothing different than most cities.

Old
09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingOvertime View Post
I'm glad I decided to live in the area opposed to Grandview, Clintonville, etc. while I'm here for a few years. There is still some 'trouble' east of High, but nothing different than most cities.
I grew up in that east of High area

We moved to Clintonville when I was a teenager, and at that time, it was a much nicer area.

Old
09-07-2011, 10:26 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

double post.

Old
09-07-2011, 10:28 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Clintonville, at that time, was a much nicer area.
And for families, it still is.

Now, if I was single, or did not have kids, The Short North would be a better choice. There's not much to do in Clintonville, but there are lots of families!

Old
09-07-2011, 12:41 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Season tickets just arrived! This year, for full season ticket holders, the tchotchke is a backpack that says "Season Ticket Holder" on it. Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Let's get this season started!

Old
09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
And for families, it still is.

Now, if I was single, or did not have kids, The Short North would be a better choice. There's not much to do in Clintonville, but there are lots of families!
Clintonville seems like a very nice family area- it's relatively convenient to downtown, but safe enough for families.

I do like being able to walk to Nationwide in ~10 minutes, especially if I decide to go to a game last minute (did that a few times last year).

Old
09-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Now that the tickets are in my sweaty little hands... drop the puck already and let's see what these boys can do!

Old
09-08-2011, 01:10 AM
wandk128

I have 2 tickets for sale for all 4 pre-season games. Section 203 Row Q.

$20/ game for the pair.

Side note, nice delivery of the tickets today with a backpack and everything!!

Old
09-08-2011, 04:39 PM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandk128 View Post
I have 2 tickets for sale for all 4 pre-season games. Section 203 Row Q.

$20/ game for the pair.

Side note, nice delivery of the tickets today with a backpack and everything!!
Is that the top row? I might be interested in the Winnipeg game.

Old
09-08-2011, 08:52 PM
wandk128

Yes, top row. I like to stand and stretch often so it works out good. Also, never have to worry about someone else dumping a beer on me.

Old
09-09-2011, 03:13 PM
pickledcotton

On a side note, how can they justify charging regular-season prices for pre-season games? That has always mystified me and moreso now that I live here...

Old
09-09-2011, 03:14 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledcotton View Post
On a side note, how can they justify charging regular-season prices for pre-season games? That has always mystified me and moreso now that I live here...
They can't, but every sports team does it.

Old
09-09-2011, 03:22 PM
pickledcotton

On a completely random note, I just realized the money I gave to HFBoards a few years ago evidently is no good now because I don't have a star anymore

Old
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Preseason tickets for sale. I have a pair of tickets in sec 202 row e for the Wild 9/29 game. Face of these tickets is $88 a pair but I am only asking $35 obo per pair.

Closed Thread