Notices

Game Thread: Canes @ Bruins l 10/23/03 l 7:30 ET l NESN/ESPN2

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 03:21 PM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
DAMNIT TSN said they were showing this game, but alas, it's not on for whatever reason...

anyway...according to cbs.sportline.com, it's the end of the first and shots are 5-2 Carolina...TRUE or FALSE?

HOW's ZINO DOING???

Old
10-23-2003, 03:22 PM
BostonGrl819

Nice to see Lapointe step in when Bergeron was punched. I have a feeling he'll get the guy back for it.

The Bruins need to start playing like they did against the Avs.
Hope Sully sparks 'em during intermission.

Shots on NESN are 9-3 Canes.

Zino isn't playing.

Old
10-23-2003, 03:50 PM
BostonGrl819

Still 1-0 Canes.

Nice OD and Boulerice fight. I'd say OD won, although Boulerice did pull OD's jersey over his head.

Old
10-23-2003, 04:05 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Well we all know the B's are prone to playing down to their competition. Let's hope that isn't the case tonight, and if it is, that it isn't a problem after tonight.

Old
10-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Ortdogg

whats going on.....the b's are definatly doing what they do best.....playing down to their compatition. only 14 shots through 2 periods! wheres the effort. i understand teams have let downs here and there but this is rediculas so far.

lets go boys!!

Old
10-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
O'Neill just scored....game is basically over.........if the B's can't figure out how to break the damn trap that the Canes use............it's killing them as the stats show.........

Old
10-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Ortdogg

Murray needs to score. get that monley off his back, i bet that would get the team going too. he's definatly due

Old
10-23-2003, 04:45 PM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still a Bruin fan
Moran is just plain awful.
He's been awful all season to date.
He was awful last year without a doubt.
He will continue to be awful.
He needs to be replaced.
And the winner of the 2003/2004 Way Too Early Official Bruins Annual Scapegoat Award (previously won by John Grahame, Brian Rolston, and the entity known as "Nazarov and Traverse") is..........IAN MORAN! Come on up and be ridiculed!

Old
10-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Solid game guys.. Entertaining to watch.

Alot of credit has to go to the Hurricanes. For those of you who don't get to watch many Hurricanes games, tonight is the perfect example of how they play. Don't let the standings fool you. They are a solid hockey team, but have had substantial problems putting the puck in the net. Not a bunch of "stiffs" by any means.

Once again, I was very impressed with Andrew Raycroft. The score could have been much worse.

And let the Ian Moran bashing begin. You guys are seeing why all of us in Pittsburgh were so happy to see him gone.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Still a Bruin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Vin
And the winner of the 2003/2004 Way Too Early Official Bruins Annual Scapegoat Award (previously won by John Grahame, Brian Rolston, and the entity known as "Nazarov and Traverse") is..........IAN MORAN! Come on up and be ridiculed!
Nope, I knew he was a liability in Pittsburgh.
Every time I watched that team he stood out in a bad way.
Now he's our problem.
I never wanted him on the team so this is nothing new for me.
What... does anybody really expect this guy to suddenly now become a better defenseman?
He's just not good, never was.

Good guy, bad hockey player.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Well it took national tv, but Eric Staal put his A game on tonight and played one heck of a contest. He was the differance tonight and i'm looking forward to future B's matchups. I'm a little disappointed at the general lack of chippy play like you see in usual matchups between these two teams but you can't always get what you want. I'll gladly take the W.

Boston's forwards looked flat and the D were constantly losing their checks and that lead to general havoc. Raycroft was the only thing that kept this one from being a blowout and he played a fine game.

Looking forward to the next matchup.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:25 PM
bruinmann77

Raycroft seems like the real deal

Even though the Offense didn"t show up
have to say that so far Razor has looked like the real deal.
This tadem so far looks like the real deal.
the Offense needs to shake up some lines and hopefully will see Sammy teamed with Zino and maybe Bergeron( SP)

I like the Play of Jillison and think he will get better and better.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:42 PM
Bruwinz37

I didnt think tonights efforts were all that bad. The team hit, hustled, but Carolina played a good game.

I still think the lines are a bit off. When I see Samsonov with Bergeron I see a lot of good chemistry....they should be together all the time.

As far as Bergeron goes...man this kid is a good player. I am not afraid to get excited about him because he just does about everything right. He makes smart plays, great defensively, and is not afraid to get his nose dirty either. I really think the ought to consider a Samsonov-Bergeron-Lapointe line.

Murray needs to get going. Joe and Knuble are playing fine, but Murray looks a bit off out there. Perhaps his timing isnt there yet, but man he just looks off. I am sure he will snap out of it soon.

The D looked pretty good, but Gill had another miscue on the second goal (but overall played a good game), and other posters are right....Moran is having a rough time out there. He is playing way too many minutes.

Goalies...couldnt be happier. Andrew Raycroft played a great game...no chance on either shot. He essentially kept us in the game. Both goalies are playing great and should continue to share time evenly.

These games will happen. A lot of times the first home game after a long road trip is a bit of a downer. Oh, and one last thing, I thought it was pretty classless for the fans to start booing after tonights game. So much for the "knowledgeable" Boston fans.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Booo

I was at this game. I sat with a guy who has had season tickets since '67 and he left half way through. He knows his stuff - a former goalie who was ticked off that the Canes wore Pie's number. This game was unbearable, and boo-worthy (I didn't boo). It was student night, and that explains the boos also, but they weren't that vocal. If it weren't for the students there would have been 5,000 people there. Oh well, I got a free Bruins' calendar out of it, and I only spent dough on one root beer (Barq's...yummy).

Rayzor was good, Bergeron and Rollie were good. Lapointe was vicious...but sadly he was the only one. Moran stunk out the joint, and Boynton had an unusually poor game. Oh well. The B's need to find a way to beat the trap without the dump and chase and they can't be so spread out to try to beat it with long passes. That played right into the Canes' hand (granted, the Canes skated really well, and we didn't).

Is it me, or is better to just play your game instead of trying to beat the opponent's game?

Old
10-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Eat It

Where was McCarthy when 4th line scrub Boulerice took ODonnell off the ice for 5 min. OD can chuck em no question, but was Sandy at all looking to spark anything or stand up for anyone tonight?

Old
10-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov47
Solid game guys.. Entertaining to watch.

Alot of credit has to go to the Hurricanes. For those of you who don't get to watch many Hurricanes games, tonight is the perfect example of how they play. Don't let the standings fool you. They are a solid hockey team, but have had substantial problems putting the puck in the net. Not a bunch of "stiffs" by any means.

Once again, I was very impressed with Andrew Raycroft. The score could have been much worse.

And let the Ian Moran bashing begin. You guys are seeing why all of us in Pittsburgh were so happy to see him gone.

I still stand by my "stiffs" comment. Carolina sucks. Won't make the playoffs and who cares that they beat us in October. Trap hockey sucks. Plain and simple.

As for Moran, I'll take him ANYDAY over a gutless puke like Sean Hill.

Old
10-23-2003, 07:14 PM
misterjaggers

I missed the action--passed out--but I noticed on the stats sheet:

-Sammy, Green and Marty were -2. (http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/ES020089.HTM)

But, stats don't tell the whole story. It sounds like Lapointe lined up a few...

Old
10-24-2003, 03:32 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly
I still stand by my "stiffs" comment. Carolina sucks. Won't make the playoffs and who cares that they beat us in October.
Ignorance is bliss.

You got outplayed plain and simple. Deal with it, accept it, and move on.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:45 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov47
Ignorance is bliss.

You got outplayed plain and simple. Deal with it, accept it, and move on.
BIG DEAL. Like he said, it's October, and the Canes have finally won a game...that's what he was saying......Why is he ignorant for pointing out the fact that the Canes are a bunch of boring stiffs and not talented enough to make the play-offs?

Old
10-24-2003, 03:52 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
the Canes are a bunch of boring stiffs and not talented enough to make the play-offs?
Does anybody at this board know what they are talking about?

Old
10-24-2003, 04:26 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Nope.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:52 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:

Okay kids ..let's save it 'till December 20th...

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread