HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How Swede It Will Be For Rangers (merged)

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2005, 07:42 AM
KING

vCash: 500
How Swede It Will Be For Rangers

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/54942.htm

Old
10-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Fletch

Nienimen...

seems to be making his debut tonight. I'm kind of curious why Betts would be centering him and Ward, considering how well Moore has played, and how well Ward and Moore have played together.

Old
10-08-2005, 08:54 AM
shoothepuck

I hope Lundqvist plays well tonight and we beat the Devils, who after a loss will be a tough team to get a win over, or should we all want the Ranger's to play poorly tonight and every other night, so that we can throw away the season, and begin the hunt for a great draft pick?

Old
10-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Fletch

Rangers do have an advantage...

which was the day off yesterday. A day to reflect on a tale of two games. Time to make adjustments for the coaching staff, and to rest a bit after playing two straight to begin the season. Further, they got to watch the team they're playing tonight on TV, against a team they beat. All that's a coach's dream. Let's see what they do with it.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:23 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I'm kind of curious why Betts would be centering him and Ward, considering how well Moore has played, and how well Ward and Moore have played together.
Because making the playoffs is more important than getting rookies their minutes. Anyway, if everything works according to plan, the team will be in contention in April, Moore will be dealt for a 31-year-old, and we need no longer trouble ourselves with such questions.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Peter The Great

Lundqvist

He will be a superstar.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Ola

NewsThe Journal News are reporting that Prucha and Kondratiev might play tonight!

Old
10-08-2005, 09:50 AM
nyray

So if Nieminen and Prucha will play...I wonder which two wingers will sit?
I would imagine two out of Ward, Orts, Moore and Hollweg. Tough choice

Old
10-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Sunshine

Ward & Moore.

That was easy.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:59 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Because making the playoffs is more important than getting rookies their minutes. Anyway, if everything works according to plan, the team will be in contention in April, Moore will be dealt for a 31-year-old, and we need no longer trouble ourselves with such questions.
thats kinda an an 'argument' for the sake of whining.

Betts and Moore are the same age. Sure Moore is a rookie, but Betts has only played around 30 more NHL games than him anyway, making them both not very experienced at this level, but experienced enough as pros.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:00 AM
riz

Quote:
Based on yesterday's practice at the Madison Square Garden Training Center, coach Tom Renney is considering benching veteran Tom Poti, supposedly the team's No. 1 defenseman. Right wing Jamie Lundmark, who took just one shift in the third period of Thursday's 4-3 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens, could be scratched as well.
If Poti gets scratched, I don't care if we even trade Lundmark (one of my favourite Rangers). Sit Lundmark, waive him, trade him...I don't care....as long as Poti sits. I mean Poti scratched ?? It cannot get any better than that

Old
10-08-2005, 10:05 AM
BwayBshirt

the most interesting thing from the journal news article:

Quote:
Based on yesterday's practice at the Madison Square Garden Training Center, coach Tom Renney is considering benching veteran Tom Poti, supposedly the team's No. 1 defenseman. Right wing Jamie Lundmark, who took just one shift in the third period of Thursday's 4-3 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens, could be scratched as well.

"(Prucha and Kondratiev) can't stay out too long; we've got to get a good feel for them and get them some NHL action," Renney said. "Tom's an experienced guy certainly when it comes to transporting the puck and making things happen with it. We require those skills from him for sure. That's not to suggest we wouldn't look at somebody else having that opportunity."

Poti, who struggled defensively against the Canadiens and was penalized for hooking and interference, said he would be surprised if he was a healthy scratch for the first time since the Rangers acquired him from Edmonton on March 19, 2002.

"Definitely, nobody's said anything," said Poti, who has been paired with Jason Strudwick, who was paired with Kondratiev yesterday. "I thought I played better in Philadelphia (Wednesday). It definitely seems the guys are a lot faster since nobody can hold them up."
one can only dream...

Old
10-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Phil333

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
the most interesting thing from the journal news article:

one can only dream...

Oh that would be amazing.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Levitate

hmm, i sense a reporter trick in that story...like they asked renney "what about tom poti, would you sit him so yo can get kondratiev some playing time?" so renney says something, then they go to poti and say "renney's thinking about benching you, what do you have to say to that?"

Old
10-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Sunshine

Lundqvist v. Devils tonight

Having had played them already, this is a great move by the staff to start Lundqvist tonight...

if it's true that Prucha and Kondratiev are dressing instead of Poti/Lundmark...
well that's just icing on the cake.
I just hope Prucha takes advantage of any time he gets, I'm rooting hard for him.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:47 AM
JerseyRangers

Where did you read/hear about Poti and Lundmark sitting? If this is true then maybe there is more to what Fletch reported about the rumours concerning these two being traded. Lets hope!

Old
10-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Levitate

one of the newspapers mentioned poti and lundmark possibly sitting

Old
10-08-2005, 12:17 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
hmm, i sense a reporter trick in that story...like they asked renney "what about tom poti, would you sit him so yo can get kondratiev some playing time?" so renney says something, then they go to poti and say "renney's thinking about benching you, what do you have to say to that?"
just reading renney's quote lev, i see what you're saying and it's possible.

what i find interesting from the comments is that renney didn't say that poti was good at his skills. he just said that he was experienced at them and that he needed to do them. i would think with the way poti has started out this season that soon he'll be out of the lineup. maybe not tonight but soon. and after that awful attempt to knock the puck out of the zone which led to the higgins goal, i'm to my limits with him as well.

as for lundmark, the fact that moore was out there on the last PP and not he (along with ward) puts the writing on the wall right there too.

Old
10-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Neimy should no doubt be playing with Rucchin and Ortmeyer. But we are week at Center so we're forced to have Rucchin Center the 2nd line.

If Moore keeps impressing, maybe he deseves a chance centering line 2.

As for Lundmark if Renney and CO don't think HE can Center the 2nd line, (and he shows nothing to prove he can) then he needs to get out of here. He does no good on line 3 or line 4.

Closed Thread