HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Rate my team!

Old
09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
K19*

vCash: 500
Rate my team!

Rate my team!

-20-team league
-H2H
-Stat cats: G/A/P/PPG/PPA/SHG/GWG/W/GAA/SV/SV%

C - Couture
C - Berglund
W - Ovechkin
W - C. Stewart
W - Benn
W - S. Kostitsyn
D - Fowler
D - E. Johnson
D - Zidlicky
D - Bogosian
G - Crawford
G - Fleury
BN - Vermette
BN - Lupul
BN - Paajarvi
BN - Bolland

My team has Ovechkin, elite goaltending, and the rest are young guys I'm banking on breaking out. It's a boom/bust team, but it should be interesting to follow.

What do you think?

K19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Legendary319

20-team league
-H2H
-Stat cats: G/A/P/PPG/PPA/SHG/GWG/W/GAA/SV/SV%

C - Couture
C - Berglund
W - Ovechkin
W - C. Stewart
W - Benn
W - S. Kostitsyn
D - Fowler
D - E. Johnson
D - Zidlicky
D - Bogosian
G - Crawford
G - Fleury
BN - Vermette
BN - Lupul
BN - Paajarvi
BN - Bolland

I like this team alot...one thing I would toy with is packaging up Paajarvii, Couture, and Maybe E.Johnson to try and land Nicklas Backstrom as Berglund-Stewart and Ovechkin-Backstrom one-two offensive punches would be absolutely dominant in a 20 man league plus Benn, Solid D and very strong netminders...I think you win consistently if you can pull off a way to land Nicklas Backstrom. I would also flirt with landing Marcus Johansson as Semin likely will be gone next season and Laich far from an offensive dyunamo so top PP unit very likely could be something along the lines of Ovechkin-Backstrom-Johansson-Carlson/Orlov/Green (whoever locks down the D slot as Orlov will be amazing, Carlson is more than suitable to man the WSH PP, and Green RFA after this season) and then maybe Kuznetsov lands the 4th F spot on the PP down the road, but either way Marcus Johansson may end up a huge breakout candidate within a season or two...it'd be like getting Berglund last summer for dirt cheap and then having him put in a strong second half last season and now is one of the best candidates to bust out big time this year. I like Johansson to do the same next season as I expect Semin's inconsistency and hefty paycheck to be shipped out, particularly should injuries plague him again as usual. Plus Johansson will be in the top 6 this season and has a decent shot to land a top PP slot which if that occurs, he will rack up points as early as this year. Overall though your squad is solid, but again Nicklas Backstrom I would look to see how much the asking price is as he will never be cheaper than he is now.

Legendary319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Yeah, you don't get bonus points because the player is young and a former high pick. Boom or bust is exactly how I would describe it.

Powdered Toast Man is online now   Reply With Quote