HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Aaron Palushaj

Old
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Weren't we going to loseDag to thewaiverwire if we didn't trade him ifwedidnt want to keep him on our 23 man roster?
The greatest irony is that people here were so desperate to trade D'Agostini away they would have taken a used jock in return. The guy was hated around here. Then when we got Palushaj and people found out he might turn out half-decent, it was the steal of the millenium.

Now, of course, D'Agostini is being mourned as another young stud who slipped through our fingers because our management is just that inept. Hilarious.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The greatest irony is that people here were so desperate to trade D'Agostini away they would have taken a used jock in return. The guy was hated around here. Then when we got Palushaj and people found out he might turn out half-decent, it was the steal of the millenium.

Now, of course, D'Agostini is being mourned as another young stud who slipped through our fingers because our management is just that inept. Hilarious.
Like I said the people that do that aren't ever going to use logic no matter how clear as day you prove their theories to be inaccurate. They'll just resort to deflecting ignoring and continuing on believing what they believe even though there isn't a shred of proof to justify their position and they've been told countless logical reasons why what they're saying isn't the case.

Haters gonna hate essentially.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:39 PM
giovannicanella

Quote:
meanwhile D'agostini is scoring 21 goals and 45 points in the NHL....

I don't want to be a dick , but this trade doesn't look good. Why did we traded D'agositni again ? I don't remember him having character or off-ice issue...
The last two years with the Canadiens D'agostini was streaky...meaning inconsistent, and was -17 and -12 the 2 years he was with us. A 6th round draft pick

Palushaj, is a hard working two way player. 2nd Round draft pick and has more potential than D'agostini

In my view it was a good trade because Palushaj is a JM type player who works hard, follows the system, is has a higher ceiling than D'agostini...and brings more to table than Tom Pyatt... in terms of offense...

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Dagostini was just not strong enough mentally to play in MTL and as another poster said, playing on a depleted team helped him alot regarding production.. Dagostini is still the same defensively flawed and inconsistent guy, I would be surprised to see him getting as juch ice time as last season with the Blues..

On another side Palushaj is a way better all around player and there is no doubt Montreal had the best in this trade.. Just wait to see him play at the camp, you are gonna fall from your chair. This kid is a quality prospect and a guy that will make the line-up deeper and better..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:

I completely agree, and am so sick of the bolded as well. People see our guys get traded away (even though they want them gone), then their point totals go up after a year and start *****ing about management letting go of a rising young player.

We all know that the Habs do not value pure offensive numbers, they value a team that gets more goals than they give up, which often means contributing more to defense at the cost of offense. Why? Because that's how teams win! It also takes character and the right personality to win important games in order to make the playoffs and advance once you are there. Lets look at a list of the 'rising stars' that we have let go and what their new teams have accomplished:

D'Agostini: Two seasons with the Blues, missed playoffs both times.
Grabovski: Three seasons with the Leafs, missed playoffs all three times.
Ribeiro: Five seasons with the Stars, won two playoff rounds.
Latendresse: Two seasons with the Wild, missed playoffs both times.
S. Kostitsyn: One season with the Predators, won one playoff round.

Despite some of these guys putting up nice numbers in the regular seasons, they haven't experienced a boatload of success. I know we can't attribute it entirely to them, but maybe our management is keeping players they feel can help them win important games instead of put up flashy point totals.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

The one thing I wish the habs had done differently is gone with a Grabovski/Plekanec top 2 center combo

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:34 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
The one thing I wish the habs had done differently is gone with a Grabovski/Plekanec top 2 center combo
Yeah I remember being pretty high on Grabovsky at the time but I also do remember they were only going to let him play 4th line C

Honestly though whats done is done. He's probably the only one out of the list I actually regret. Not just cause of the return but because of the player he is. He could have definitely been beneficial to have. (Sorry Gomer )

That being said I don't even regret the Ribs trade. That guys always been a headcase, have heard stories about him pre-NHL that I won't repeat on HF.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah I remember being pretty high on Grabovsky at the time but I also do remember they were only going to let him play 4th line C

Honestly though whats done is done. He's probably the only one out of the list I actually regret. Not just cause of the return but because of the player he is. He could have definitely been beneficial to have. (Sorry Gomer )

That being said I don't even regret the Ribs trade. That guys always been a headcase, have heard stories about him pre-NHL that I won't repeat on HF.
I very much miss Riberio the player if not Riberio the person. He'd also make a great one two with Plekanec on center but I can understand people not wanting him back regardless.

To be fair to the Habs management they legitmately had 3 better centers the season after he was traded. The problem was that Koivu and especially Lang were aging. This would have been the case even if plan A of getting Sundin was accomplished. They pretty much gambled the farm on being a competitive team for the centenial season by grabbing veterans and letting Streit and Grabrovski go and ended up losing the bet.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Andy

It's weird...I've seen a few posters from other teams speak pretty highly of Palushaj(that is being confident that he will be an nhl player) while our fan base seems to crap on him.

I really don't get it sometimes.

Let's see what happens with him. He's shown good things so far.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Komarov47

Don't know what to think about D'Agostini.... He finally had a blast in NHL, but will he be able to do the same this year with Langenbrunner, with Perron back from injury? I checked the Blues depth chart, dunno where he will fit.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:32 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It's weird...I've seen a few posters from other teams speak pretty highly of Palushaj(that is being confident that he will be an nhl player) while our fan base seems to crap on him.

I really don't get it sometimes.

Let's see what happens with him. He's shown good things so far.
Some Habs fans only swear by stats and think Palushaj hasnt been dominant enough in the AHL..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I wouldn't be too thrilled with a Pleks/Grabo 1-2 combo going into the playoffs but then again we have never seen Grabovski in the NHL playoffs so it's hard to say how he would fair.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

Today is Palushaj birthday. He turned 22. Sept 07.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Miller Time

i'm very interested to see what kind of player Palushaj turns into, and wether he has it in him to be a regular NHLer.

what we hear about his attitude/work ethic lends itself to an athlete who will keep improving, and you have to like that he has a reliable defensive game to go with solid offensive instincts/skills.

i think we'll need to show some patience, let him have a dominant season in the AHL (be it this year or next) and then start thinking about where he might fit in as a full-time top-9 player with the habs.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:14 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Some players do "better" on other teams because they are given chance after chance even when its undeserved. Grabovsky got to play top line minutes in TO for two season only because they had no one better. S.Kost, almost the same thing. Same thing with Dags last year, Blues had many injuries, out of the playoffs, and no one else to put in their top 6. The problem with Dags is, if he is scoring he isn't doing anything else. He had a great shot to at cracking the top 6, two years ago, we had 1 top 6 slot up, and none of Latendresse,S.Kost/ nor Dags should anything to be put on their, and with Dags not being effective in the bottom 6 I was pleased and surprised we got an asset for him, because we would have probably lost him through waivers or something. I remember the trade happened at like 12 30 AM the day of the trade deadline, and almost everyone was surprised we got an asset for Dags.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I was just thinking, With Cole and Gio signed for the near future at RW, and If Leblanc actually becomes a full time RW, does Palushaj or Kristo become trade baits?

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:23 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I was just thinking, With Cole and Gio signed for the near future at RW, and If Leblanc actually becomes a full time RW, does Palushaj or Kristo become trade baits?
I'd say Kristo is already our top trading chip.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
RW is the deepest position in the prospect pool currently. However none of the players are surefire top six forwards so I imagine they'll hold on to Leblanc, Kristo, Palushaj Gallagher and Avtsin until they get 2 or so top nine wingers from the group or they all bust out. Desharnais could also be a winger if they need him there more than at center.

Cole can also be a left wing (like Kostitsyn he's a swingman) so can be shifted if there's to much RW compared to LW depth. Cammaleri and Pacioretty look to be long term for LW but there isn't a good prospect at that position currently.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:45 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
I'd say Kristo is already our top trading chip.
I don't think either palushaj or kristo are safe when it comes to trades, and they shouldn't be. Kristo, as you said, can be a real good piece to move for some help where we need it.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Bullsmith

Re: D'Agostini, colour me unimpressed. I still see him as a very limited player who can put up middling numbers on a losing team, but not a winning one. He has speed and he can pot 20, but he's not good defensively, doesn't use his linemates well offensively and has no physical impact of note. We have 7 wingers better than he is right now, IMO. I'll wait and see how Palushaj turns out before I mourn that trade.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:09 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

I found this website for Aaron.

www.aaronpalushaj.com it's a fan site. What you peoples think of that website. I think it look cool.

Old
09-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
like for avstin, im not doin backflips for palushaj

more interrested in kristo and ghallager,

i wouldnt mind palushaj being trade bait

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:17 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

Palushaj got 2 points tonight. He doing good so far. I think the more he play. The better he get. I think he will be good if he play few games. What you guys think of him so far?

Old
09-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Re: D'Agostini, colour me unimpressed. I still see him as a very limited player who can put up middling numbers on a losing team, but not a winning one. He has speed and he can pot 20, but he's not good defensively, doesn't use his linemates well offensively and has no physical impact of note. We have 7 wingers better than he is right now, IMO. I'll wait and see how Palushaj turns out before I mourn that trade.
I was just going to post about this. Palushaj hasn't yet convinced me that the Habs got equal value back in the d'Agostini trade. He did look as though he learned something from the losses to Dallas and Buffalo.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 11:59 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCanadiensFan View Post
I found this website for Aaron.

www.aaronpalushaj.com it's a fan site. What you peoples think of that website. I think it look cool.
I think it looks incredibly basic. But hey, it's a fansite. I didn't even know those were still in style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCanadiensFan View Post
Palushaj got 2 points tonight. He doing good so far. I think the more he play. The better he get. I think he will be good if he play few games. What you guys think of him so far?
I think he needs another year in the AHL. He needs to take some time and bulk up. He's a smart player. That pass he made to cammy was a thing of beauty and I'm hoping he can maybe become an offensive third line kinda guy who won't hurt us defensively next year. His absolute ceiling for me is a decent 2nd liner.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote