HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jaromir Jagr at the deadline

Old
09-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
Jaromir Jagr at the deadline

If, for some reason, the Flyers were out of the playoff race near the trade deadline, what would Jagr fetch, Kostitsyn? Diaz?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 09:34 PM
dannyj10

Id say depends on he's performance. Theres no reason he shouldnt do well with the talent the flyers have. I still wanna kick him in he's b***s for not signing with the pens!!

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

The Flyers have too many question marks. They can may very well be out of the playoffs this season around (but without the usual "blame-the-goaltending" circus prevalent in Philly).

Old
09-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Flat Stanley

He will stay a Flyer, they wanted him that bad to give him $3.3 million and he wanted to be there that bad because he signed with them over the team he had a good legacy with.

So, I don't think he goes anywhere.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

If they were out of a playoff spot maybe the Flyers would trade away Jagr for a defensive prospect (preferably NHL-ready or already playing in the big league) so I'd say that Diaz or Martinez isn't out of the question.

Old
09-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If they were out of a playoff spot maybe the Flyers would trade away Jagr for a defensive prospect (preferably NHL-ready or already playing in the big league) so I'd say that Diaz or Martinez isn't out of the question.
I wouldn't give up any NHL prospect for Jaromir Jagr, especially a D prospect whether he's NHL ready or not.

Old
09-07-2011, 10:04 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Jagr probably won't break 50 points by season's end; I'd say at the deadline he might get a 1st from someone if they're really desperate.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Why would anyone give up anything for a guy who's good years are far behind him?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Edgeworth*

Nice to see the haters out in full force. B)

Who knows how Jagr will perform. If he does well I could see Philly netting a 2nd rounder or decent defensive prospect like Roloson did.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:21 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Jagr probably won't break 50 points by season's end; I'd say at the deadline he might get a 1st from someone if they're really desperate.
I doubt a sub-50 point ancient forward can net a 1st at the deadline, even if it's from a desperate team.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:32 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I doubt a sub-50 point ancient forward can net a 1st at the deadline, even if it's from a desperate team.
GMs do crazy things, but you're probably right. A 2nd would probably be more accurate.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post

Who knows how Jagr will perform. If he does well I could see Philly netting a 2nd rounder or decent defensive prospect like Roloson did.
He's 39 years old. 3.3 million dollar cap hit. Not many teams want that. He's likely to retire after this year or the next

tututooter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

if he plays well and has value, Philly will likely be a playoff team. If not, he wont have value. The way I see it, if Jagr puts up a 60+ pt season there's no way in hell Philly doesnt make it as a high seed. They have enough sure things that if he is one, they'll do well. Therefore, I'd say asking for his value is sort of paradoxical.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
He's 39 years old. 3.3 million dollar cap hit. Not many teams want that. He's likely to retire after this year or the next
His caphit isn't 3.3 at the deadline 0:
Which is exactly what we're talking about.

Old
09-07-2011, 10:35 PM
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker

you are stuck with him for the whole year unless he is really good and Flyers are out of the playoffs

The Infamous Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:

I'm not being a hater, I'm just calling it like it is. It would be dumb to trade away a future asset for a guy who you will only have for a couple months. If Jagr is doing well this season, the Flyers probably won't trade him, and if he decides to stay in the NHL after this season, and if he does well, he will want more money. I'd rather keep prospects developing to be NHL ready.

Old
09-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
I'm not being a hater, I'm just calling it like it is. It would be dumb to trade away a future asset for a guy who you will only have for a couple months. If Jagr is doing well this season, the Flyers probably won't trade him, and if he decides to stay in the NHL after this season, and if he does well, he will want more money. I'd rather keep prospects developing to be NHL ready.
That's the arguement for any deadline trade ever. Keep Teubert or go get Penner? etc. etc.

Old
09-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
His caphit isn't 3.3 at the deadline 0:
Which is exactly what we're talking about.
Yes it is..

His salary isn't though.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
People trade away valuable assets at the trade deadline for rentals all the time. It's kind of the point of the trade deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yes it is..

His salary isn't though.
You know what he meant. The team doesn't have to be able to fit in 3.3M of cap at the deadline if they want Jagr. They would only have to have Jagr's average daily salary times the number of days in the season after the deadline until the playoffs in cap space.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:06 PM
SEALBound

Not much to be honest. He's old, probably not doing well if they are going to trade him, and this very well could be his last hoo-rah in the NHL...what team is going to give up much? 2nd...hell no.

5th or 6th...max.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
That's the arguement for any deadline trade ever. Keep Teubert or go get Penner? etc. etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
People trade away valuable assets at the trade deadline for rentals all the time. It's kind of the point of the trade deadline.
1. Well see the Penner trade was a different situation. Penner is younger and has an extra year left on his deal. That was a good trade for both teams. If I were the Kings, I wouldn't give Teubert and a 1st for 1 month of Penner

2. When has a team traded away a valuable prospect for a player who is over the age of 38? I've seen low draft picks go for older NHL rentals, but not an NHL ready prospect. There might have been trades like that I just never heard of any.

Old
09-07-2011, 11:44 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
1. Well see the Penner trade was a different situation. Penner is younger and has an extra year left on his deal. That was a good trade for both teams. If I were the Kings, I wouldn't give Teubert and a 1st for 1 month of Penner
Yes, the Penner trade was different because Penner was signed through the next year.

Quote:
2. When has a team traded away a valuable prospect for a player who is over the age of 38? I've seen low draft picks go for older NHL rentals, but not an NHL ready prospect. There might have been trades like that I just never heard of any.
I wasn't speaking in terms of Jagr's age per se, but that teams send valuable assets for rental players on expiring contracts that they know likely won't re-sign to build up for a cup run. If the player is productive, I can see someone being willing to fork up a somewhat valuable asset for him. While they aren't as old as Jagr, guys like Arnott, Dvorak, Aaron Ward, and Staios were able to fetch somewhat valuable assets at the past 2 trade deadlines despite being in their mid to late 30s.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
If someone offered a first for jagr, Holmgren better take it and run

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:53 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

I'm dying alive waiting for a proper valuation of Jagr at the deadline, after a few months into the season to see just what kind of Jagr people would be getting.

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:18 AM
csanadi19

Quote:
Thats nothing alike that situation, Penner didnt retire after this season, Jagr at most has another season after this one

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote