HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

winnipeg -mtl rumors

Old
09-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
I would have no problem giving up a 2nd rounder for Kostitsyn, except I have no idea what direction our team is taking this year.

The Thrashers were decent (ie. winning at a playoff pace) until the second half the season. We basically have the same team (Stewart out, Fehr in) so it's possible the team sneaks into the playoffs. Or the team misses completely and finishes 9th-15th.
Giving up a 2nd in a deep draft for a guy who is going to be a UFA in 1 season is a horrible deal IMO. Especially when you consider that our prospect depth is already one of the worst in the league. The Jets need to ADD more 1st and 2nd round picks, not subtract them.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves View Post
Subban for Antropov and a 6th E4
Good luck.
There's not a player on the Jets roster that i would trade P.K. straight up for.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Giving up a 2nd in a deep draft for a guy who is going to be a UFA in 1 season is a horrible deal IMO. Especially when you consider that our prospect depth is already one of the worst in the league. The Jets need to ADD more 1st and 2nd round picks, not subtract them.
Truth

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Definitely wouldn't trade AK for a 2nd from a Habs' perspective. Not even Winnipeg's.

But I think you got it right: a rebuilding team should never trade good picks for possibly only one year of improved offense. It took way too many years for Leafs' management to understand that, and their prospect pool has been hurt from it throughout the 2000's.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
I don't know what's worse....the fact that people think a team will take Gomez....or that they think he actually has value. We'll take him off your hands if you include your 1st round pick.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
I don't know what's worse....the fact that people think a team will take Gomez....or that they think he actually has value. We'll take him off your hands if you include your 1st round pick.
I remember people saying the exact same thing about the exact same player a couple of years ago. And if someone had come out to say that Jeff Carter AND Mike Richards would be traded the same summer, they would have been laughed out of HFBoards. Yet...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 10:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpie View Post
Good luck.
There's not a player on the Jets roster that i would trade P.K. straight up for.
enstrom for subban would make me think about it

but i'd still keep his chocolatiness

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpie View Post
Good luck.
I might consider Kane tbh, but that's because I'm a huge huge fan.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote