Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WPG Jets Tickets??

Old
08-30-2011, 11:12 AM
tbsol

vCash: 500
WPG Jets Tickets??

With the 1st pre-season game only 3 weeks away ... does anyone know when we will actually get the game tickets?!

I think everything will become a reality for me when I have my season tickets in hand.

I’ve heard conflicting reports on us having to pick them up VS. them being mailed out.

Anyone know what’s going on??

tbsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:37 PM
KingSalamon

Haven't heard anything from TNSE about them. I've sent an email but didn't receive a response. I did log into my account to see if there was anything posted there and I didn't get any news there. (They have been making a lot of changes to the stuff I see when I log in now... gone are the available dates to book my seat selection etc and now there are placeholders for various other items like managing tickets etc but the links are dead at the moment.)

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 12:51 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Based on your question and questions I had from guys in my own season ticket group, I called True North to find out.

Basically we will get an email next week informing us of the method/time of delivery.

Last edited by ICdave: 08-30-2011 at 01:39 PM.
ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 880
First batch of tickets will be ONLY preseason tickets in the next 2 weeks. They're not sure if they will courier or if they will be pickup only. The next batch at the END of September will be the season tickets for regular season and they said they will look similar to the Moose season tickets (as in, you don't have to print them and they will have the team logo, etc. on them.

EDIT: Nevermind.. I just clicked the link wpgmikos posted and it says the same.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 04:02 PM
KingSalamon

Thanks for the update... so after the long weekend we'll get some news! Good stuff!

Hard to believe that August is almost over and pre-season is almost upon us!

Old
09-01-2011, 02:08 AM
gibber1600

We want to do our draft tickets in hand.

gibber1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:32 AM
PensFan6687

I WANT A JETS SEASON TICKET HOLDER RECEPTION LIKE THEY DID WITH THE MOOSE WITH GREAT EATS AND FREE BOOZE!

I miss those days.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
I WANT A JETS SEASON TICKET HOLDER RECEPTION LIKE THEY DID WITH THE MOOSE WITH GREAT EATS AND FREE BOOZE!

I miss those days.
Agreed! Oh, the good old days..

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

vCash: 50
So, talked to a rep today. Basically confirms what has been mentioned before.

Next week or two the preseason tix will be sent out directly from the printers, reg. season to follow (by undefined method).

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:47 PM
gibber1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
So, talked to a rep today. Basically confirms what has been mentioned before.

Next week or two the preseason tix will be sent out directly from the printers, reg. season to follow (by undefined method).
Why such a delay. Are there no printers avalible in WInnipeg? The schedule was made months ago.

Old
09-03-2011, 08:52 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber1600 View Post
Why such a delay. Are there no printers avalible in WInnipeg? The schedule was made months ago.
The tickets are printed in Winnipeg (printcrafters or preimer printing I believe). There's really no rush to get them distributed, and in order to have decent looking tickets (which some people would like since they are collectable) some design work and photography will likely be part of the process. As long as I get my tickets by the 15th I'll be happy. Anything inside of that seems like it's cutting it a little close for pre-season.

Old
09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
EvilPirateZamboni
Taco Loco!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber1600 View Post
They are making an event of unveiling the jersey right? Might have something to do with it.

EvilPirateZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 11:18 AM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient kids

Do you know where you will be in 5 weeks and 5 hours from now? I know where I'll be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Countdown to Puck Drop

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:28 AM
gibber1600

I recieved a letter from the Jets today. It explained that the exibition tickets are going out this week. Reg season, the week of October 3. Pretty tight. Not doing our draft with tickets in hand I guess! Not happy.

Old
09-07-2011, 08:42 PM
mondo3

and to add to the last post, pre-season tickets go out via mail. season ticket go out via courier and require a signature (or will be shipped to local post office for pickup if no one home)

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Just an add-on, exhibition tickets go out via registered mail (will have to be signed for), this is direct from the mouth of the receptionist at True North. Should arrive tomorrow or Friday.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:30 PM
bring back the jets

so yeah we were too late to get seasons tickets and apparently we weren't able to move like 8000 spots up the waiting list to get some but anyone know when single game tickets will be up for sale?

bring back the jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:49 PM
NODLR
The Dog House

vCash: 2531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Just an add-on, exhibition tickets go out via registered mail (will have to be signed for), this is direct from the mouth of the receptionist at True North. Should arrive tomorrow or Friday.
Registered mail, hmm, doesn't say that in my letter?

Just says that they will be sent to the address listed in "your Winnipeg Jets Season Ticket account".

The only signature required will be for the regular season tickets, at least that's what the letter says.

NODLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:04 PM
KingSalamon

Regardless... the tickets are coming!! Prepare for tickets! I'm excited to finally have some tickets. Less then 2 weeks to Columbus! (By the way, I love the alternate jersey for Columbus with the cannon on the front... hey they should change their name to Columbus Cannons!)

Old
09-07-2011, 11:11 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient kids

Here's what my letter says...

At this time we would like to update you on ticket delivery for your exhibition and regular season game tickets:

Exhibition game tickets: Tickets for the 3 home exhibition games (September 20, 28 and Septebmer 30) will be mailed during the week of September 6, 2011. Full season ticket holders will receive tickets to all 3 home games. Half season ticket Package A will be sent tickets to the September 20 and 30 games while half season ticket Package B will be sent tickets to the September 28 game. All tickets will be sent to the address listed on your Winnipeg Jets season ticket account.

Regular season game tickets: Season Ticket packages will be sent by courier starting the week of October 3, 2011. A signature by the account holder will be required in order to receive the ticket package. If the account holder is not present the package will be sent to the nearest Post office for retrieval.

From this, I didn't get the impression I would have to sign for the pre-season tickets, just the regular season tickets.

BTW, has anyone called TNSE to find out weather we have the option of picking up the tickets at their offices ourselves?

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:19 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post

At this time we would like to update you on ticket delivery for your exhibition and regular season game tickets:

Exhibition game tickets: Tickets for the 3 home exhibition games (September 20, 28 and Septebmer 30) will be mailed during the week of September 6, 2011. Full season ticket holders will receive tickets to all 3 home games. Half season ticket Package A will be sent tickets to the September 20 and 30 games while half season ticket Package B will be sent tickets to the September 28 game. All tickets will be sent to the address listed on your Winnipeg Jets season ticket account.

Regular season game tickets: Season Ticket packages will be sent by courier starting the week of October 3, 2011. A signature by the account holder will be required in order to receive the ticket package. If the account holder is not present the package will be sent to the nearest Post office for retrieval.

From this, I didn't get the impression I would have to sign for the pre-season tickets, just the regular season tickets.

BTW, has anyone called TNSE to find out weather we have the option of picking up the tickets at their offices ourselves?
I have not asked, though my impression is that it will be done by courier, and courier only. I think they want all packages handled in the same fashion, I would imagine it would be in their best interest to have some people expecting it to be delivered and some wanting to pick them up. It may save them a bit on postage, but could ultimately lead to some confusion and difficulty.

Old
09-08-2011, 01:40 AM
gibber1600

Maybe tomorrow! I am like a little boy right now at christmas. The first exb game will be great also. New paint, carpet, ice surface, better players. The logo is growing on me.

Old
09-08-2011, 01:41 AM
gibber1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I have not asked, though my impression is that it will be done by courier, and courier only. I think they want all packages handled in the same fashion, I would imagine it would be in their best interest to have some people expecting it to be delivered and some wanting to pick them up. It may save them a bit on postage, but could ultimately lead to some confusion and difficulty.
Ya, I got the same letter Tuesday. That's for the post.

Old
09-08-2011, 05:26 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Just a random question, I have a half season package (not a Jets fan, got it because so many friends want to go and I'm selling it to buddies/family at face value) and I wanted to know is there a way to protect myself against punishment from TNSE if someone I sell/give tickets to turning around and scalps them? I mean I'm 99% sure the people who I'll be selling to wouldn't do that so I'm not overly concerned but it was just in the back of my mind, would I lose my package all together?

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Mungman
It's you not me.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post

Regarding pick-up, I spoke with a rep last week 'cuz I had to change my credit card on the account and I asked about the tix. The pre-season are being mailed directly from the printers, so they will never actually be in TNSE's hands.

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote