HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game threads.

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 02:01 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Game threads.

Are they even worth the time? I love the Hurricanes, but there are 3-5 regular posters here.

I wish more people posted here.

Old
10-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Wingboy2999

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Holy crap. I came here to post about the game tonight.....and there is no one here. Wow.

Old
10-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
I've started up game threads for each game so far, but with little to no discussion it seems futile.

Old
10-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Great game tonight for the Canes. The lines of Staal -- Vasicek -- O'Neill and Cole -- Brind'Amour -- Vrbata were amazing. Solid defensive work and Weekes was there when he needed to be. Finally, we are rewarded with the excellent play.

Kudos to Andrew Raycroft too. He played extremely well tonight.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:33 PM
Skydog

I enjoy your gamethreads but if you don't feel there is enough activity with them then I certainly wouldn't hold it against you.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Well, if you don't feel like enough activity is here we are the only ones that can control that. I certainly enjoy them and i'll make more of a habit of posting in them if you continue, we need to promote this board more because it's great and fast. Not to mention moderated by yours truly

Old
10-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Thanks guys. I'll continue to post them. I wish I had posted one for tonight, because we have good things to talk about. And I was actually able to see tonight's game, as it was nationally televised. I really hope tonight's game can be the kick in the arse that this team needs to build some confidence and momentum.

The Southeast has quickly turned from one of the weakest to one of the most competitive divisions in the league. We can't afford to fall behind early.

Old
10-23-2003, 07:02 PM
neelynugs

perhaps the reason the board is so dead is b/c your team is the most boring one in the league. how do you guys enjoy hockey like that? i'd rather eat paint chips than watch canes hockey, and i shudder at the thought of a devils/canes matchup. awful.

one other thing- what's up with sean hill? why's he such a gutless puke?

Old
10-23-2003, 08:49 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
perhaps the reason the board is so dead is b/c your team is the most boring one in the league. how do you guys enjoy hockey like that? i'd rather eat paint chips than watch canes hockey, and i shudder at the thought of a devils/canes matchup. awful.

So that's the trolling that I've heard so much about?
In other news . . . did anyone happen to notive what line Bayda was playing on tonight? I saw he got 15:00 + but have no idea where he was playing.

Old
10-24-2003, 02:46 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
yeah- where'd you hear about it? sounds like higher education

i actually was looking for an answer on my question- not attempting to cause a riot or talk smack- i was wondering how you guys can enjoy that type of hockey i ask the devils fans the same thing, but all they can say is, "we win that way"...

Old
10-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
I saw extremely solid defensive hockey and seizing the opportunities on offense when the situation permitted. They completely shut your team down. I would not call the game boring at all.

It might have been boring for you to watch seeming as your team had three shots in the first period and five shots in the third period.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:27 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
In other news . . . did anyone happen to notive what line Bayda was playing on tonight? I saw he got 15:00 + but have no idea where he was playing.
I believe Bayda played on a line with Francis and one of the Adams'. Craig, most likely.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:32 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i'd rather eat paint chips than watch canes hockey, and i shudder at the thought of a devils/canes matchup. awful.
Quote:
Quote:
i actually was looking for an answer on my question- not attempting to cause a riot or talk smack
Maybe you should lay off the paint chips for a few days. So what is exactly is your question?

Old
10-24-2003, 04:20 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. X
Maybe you should lay off the paint chips for a few days. So what is exactly is your question?
2 questions-
why is hill so gutless? cheapshotter that he is, he should drop the gloves instead of hiding behind his shield.

how do you enjoy the type of hockey the canes play? it's god-awful to watch.

i like paint chips...can't stop eating

Old
10-24-2003, 04:38 AM
jeffbear

1. Canes fans complain plenty about Paul Maurice's lack of offensive gameplan ... but the defensive game the Canes play is very solid ... as the Bruins could tell you after getting shut out last night.

2. Hill huh? Hmmm ... gutless puke? Whatever. If it matters ... and I'm SURE it won't ... Hill CAN'T fight. He's got about 7 titanium plates holding his face together from a Daniel Afredsson slapshot he took to the face back in 2000. It totally shattered one side of Hill's cheekbones, sinus cavity and upper jaw. Sorry if you want to see him have a go with some Bruin who just took yet another poke at the Canes goalie ... it's just not gonna happen.

Now ... question for Bruin fan ... how can you sit there and watch your team clutch, grab, hold and water ski behind opposing players game in and game out and then turn around and complain about the style of hockey played by the Canes and the Devils?

Never mind ... I already know the answer.

Old
10-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Neelynugs, lay off the trolling. If you have questions, try to at least keep them within the realm of reason rather than blatant disrespect. I'm shutting this one down.

Closed Thread