HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huge hit on Jackman

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 08:32 PM
topshelf331

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Good news is Backman looks to be getting more and more comfortable out there. Sucks having a blueline as depleted as the Blues is right now, but at least guys like Backman and now Stuart will get a chance to show what they've got. Backman looks much better than he did last year IMO. He still moves rather slow, but I like that he takes hits to make plays and has some offensive instincts. He has been very solid and seems to get better with more responsibility at the moment. Brimanis on the other hand scares me.
I disagree, Brimanis has been very solid. And ive been really impressed with him. Im thanking our lucky stars we have the depth we do on D right now. What part of his game didnt you like and ill watch for it in the calgary game? I havent really put him under the microscope yet.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

I think the Canuck fans here are being just a tad homerish on Bertuzzi

Bertuzzi doesn't dive? Yah freakin right. Of all Canuck forwards, only Ruutu dives more. I'm not too sure if he dove on that play though. Only saw 1 replay, and frankly I don't much care. He does dive. A lot.

Bertuzzi a smart player who doesn't take costly penalties? OK, so he was smart last night, *for once*. Give the man a prize. 60% of his penalties are of the pointless, boneheaded type.

I like Bert as much as any other Nuck fan, but I still recognize his flaws.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:17 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner

Bertuzzi doesn't dive? Yah freakin right. Of all Canuck forwards, only Ruutu dives more. I'm not too sure if he dove on that play though. Only saw 1 replay, and frankly I don't much care. He does dive. A lot.

Bertuzzi a smart player who doesn't take costly penalties? OK, so he was smart last night, *for once*. Give the man a prize. 60% of his penalties are of the pointless, boneheaded type.

Can someone explain to me when someone as big and strong as Pronger is grabs Bertuzzi by the shoulder and throws him down is considered a dive by Bert??

Old
10-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Can someone explain to me when someone as big and strong as Pronger is grabs Bertuzzi by the shoulder and throws him down is considered a dive by Bert??
Did you even read the post?

Old
10-23-2003, 09:39 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:

?! You mean the one Canucks fan who said he didn't think Burtuzzi dove that much? And my comment about Burtuzzi diving, but not anymore than normal during the playoffs last season?

Lessee, that's ... one. Perhaps there's no need to set people staight after all.

Trolling I believe, is when a poster tries to piss off fans of a team with inflamatory remarks that aren't backed up with opinion. I came to the site to say I hoped Jackman would be ok, and suffered no injury. While here I noted that Super_Joe, an AVs fan, was making crass comments just to piss off Canucks fans. I said saying things like that weren't necessary and were lame. After my comment Degroat seemed to think that calling a player a ***** was a stylish and reasonable remark, and offered to address similiar comments to me. The one inflammitory post I wrote, I addressed to Super_Joe, after his repeated taunting of Burtuzzi and Canucks Fans.

So topshelf331, how is it that I'm here trolling and Super_Joe isn't?

As far as the Blues are concerned... I would have to say they are a better team than the Canucks at this point, and even without a healthy lineup, should be concidered amongst the elite in the league this season. The Canucks were lucky Pronger blew a gasket, and got a couple of lucky calls at the end to keep the Blues from picking up at least on point.

Old
10-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

Great post. Echoes my thoughts exactly. I think too many Canucks fans put Bertuzzi on a pedestal. Yes he's one of the most dominating players in the NHL, but he takes a lot of stupid penalties, which cost the Canucks at times.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:32 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by quat

So topshelf331, how is it that I'm here trolling and Super_Joe isn't?
I never said you were trolling. Notice thats why i didnt quote you. But some of the posters are here to rub salt in the wound of an obviously touchy subject. And they act shocked when they get a reply like degroat's. If it was on the main board it would be open game. But coming to the teams particular board and saying things that obviously will get a negative response is trolling. Sorry if you thought i was talking about you. And I dont know alot of the names from the nucks so I havent taken the time to play connect the dots with posters and their individual responses.

As far as im concerned i wasnt happy with the outcome of the game becasue it was decided by the officiating. But its over and the outcome cant be changed. Its time to move on becasue im sure there will be at least around 100 more games like this throughout the league for this season. And its highly likely the nucks will get their turn at it. So im sure it will balance out.

Thanks for the compliments about the blues quat, it means alot when it comes from a fan of a developing rivalry. It reminds me of the blues bouts with SJ. And if history repeats we will see you in the playoffs again this season.

Old
10-23-2003, 11:07 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I never said you were trolling. Notice thats why i didnt quote you. But some of the posters are here to rub salt in the wound of an obviously touchy subject. And they act shocked when they get a reply like degroat's. If it was on the main board it would be open game. But coming to the teams particular board and saying things that obviously will get a negative response is trolling. Sorry if you thought i was talking about you. And I dont know alot of the names from the nucks so I havent taken the time to play connect the dots with posters and their individual responses.

As far as im concerned i wasnt happy with the outcome of the game becasue it was decided by the officiating. But its over and the outcome cant be changed. Its time to move on becasue im sure there will be at least around 100 more games like this throughout the league for this season. And its highly likely the nucks will get their turn at it. So im sure it will balance out.

Thanks for the compliments about the blues quat, it means alot when it comes from a fan of a developing rivalry. It reminds me of the blues bouts with SJ. And if history repeats we will see you in the playoffs again this season.
Well I will appologize then. I shouldn't have assumed a post directly after mine was necessarily predicated on it. er... based on it? Yeah, it's crappy when calls turn out to be so important in a game.

The Blues bad luck with injuries is just bizarre, but if they can play as well as they did last night missing that many of their starting rotation, they should be very strong by the end of the season. I really enjoy watching a team that is diligent and never gives up, no matter what the score is. I don't believe I've ever see a blues team float, and with 82 game seasons, that says a lot. I'm kind of seeing a development in that direction for the Canucks, and I think they learn a great deal from teams that have that work ethic... heh... usually by losing to them!

Cheers

Old
10-24-2003, 12:22 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
What bothers me is that no one on the Blues settled the score with Bertuzzi for his hit on MacInnis last year. Clean hit or not, you can't let guys run your best players.

Someone (Low?) should have challenged Bertuzzi right at the beginning of this game.
The problem is that they have the most assenine rule in sports, the Instigator rule in the NHL. Bertuzzi would have turtled he wouldnt have fought Low, he would have let Low get 5 for fighting, 2 for Instigating a 10 min Misconduct and a game misconduct and went to the Canucks bench with a big smile on his face. Thats all that would have happened.

the next time we play the Canucks we have to hit all of their skilled players as often and as hard as they hit ours and maybe if the teams get pissed off the rest of the stuff will happen.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:48 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
The problem is that they have the most assenine rule in sports, the Instigator rule in the NHL. Bertuzzi would have turtled he wouldnt have fought Low, he would have let Low get 5 for fighting, 2 for Instigating a 10 min Misconduct and a game misconduct and went to the Canucks bench with a big smile on his face. Thats all that would have happened.

the next time we play the Canucks we have to hit all of their skilled players as often and as hard as they hit ours and maybe if the teams get pissed off the rest of the stuff will happen.
If Low (or someone) cleans his clock with a good solid hit and then gets the penalties, I'll take it. A five-minute penalty early in the season is a small price to pay to stop the head-hunting by Bertuzzi.

I'm not a fan of attacking skill players. Let the big boys settle it among themselves.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:03 AM
joe blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Jackman will be back , he knows who did it . If he's injured , that's bad news for the Blues though . Hopefully he's doing fine . I seen Pronger go after Bertuzzi after that , he barely touched Bert and he dropped like a little ***** .

Pronger said Bertuzzi dropped like he was 120 pounds
The irony in the fact that Bertuzzi is the *****. I always liked Pronger for his "tough" style until I started to watch him play a little more. And then I realized that Marius Czerkawski would be "tough" if he spent all night chasing the Sedins, Kovalchuk, Ronning, etc. around the ice. The fact is Pronger is a big *****, and if it wasn't for a lame attempt to tackle Bertuzzi after the clean hit, he still wouldn't have managed to take down anyone over 5'10, 110 pounds. Pronger is next!!

Old
10-24-2003, 05:31 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe blow
The irony in the fact that Bertuzzi is the *****. I always liked Pronger for his "tough" style until I started to watch him play a little more. And then I realized that Marius Czerkawski would be "tough" if he spent all night chasing the Sedins, Kovalchuk, Ronning, etc. around the ice. The fact is Pronger is a big *****, and if it wasn't for a lame attempt to tackle Bertuzzi after the clean hit, he still wouldn't have managed to take down anyone over 5'10, 110 pounds. Pronger is next!!
Pronger is next? Are you cheering for him to get injured?

Go away, Troll.

Old
10-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Jackman will be fine. Big tough BC boy will get over it soon enough, and he'll be back playing old-school old-time hockey.

I love that guy.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Posting a comment for the sole purpose of pissing somebody off.
And there's been more than one person guilty of this in this thread. Sad, really....I was hoping after the Blues-Canucks game there wouldn't be any of this, but apparently some children don't know how to play together well.

The thread is closed and under review.