HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread 16

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Guess if we arent welcomed at Devils board, this is an empty Yankee/Mets discussion thread and the Isles moderators are awesome:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=889312&page=4

Old
09-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

vCash: 500
Or we should just post in the Minnesota Wild section. Its empty there anyway

Old
09-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Guess if we arent welcomed at Devils board, this is an empty Yankee/Mets discussion thread and the Isles moderators are awesome:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=889312&page=4
The Isles board is decimated. The last post in their OT Thread was August 26th

Old
09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
too bad this is going. fun to check team's lounges once in a while.

but you guys are filling up to transfer to the devils board now right?

Old
09-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiesIrae View Post
too bad this is going. fun to check team's lounges once in a while.

but you guys are filling up to transfer to the devils board now right?
Pretty much

Old
09-08-2011, 08:12 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
I really don't post in this thread at all, or know much of what goes on in it, but I have read the mods' reasoning to why they want to take down the thread.

If the issue is that the "spam" is being bought into the rest of the threads and all of the OT threads are cluttering up the front page of the Ranger's board, why not just make a HFNYR thread in the lounge? I'm pretty sure one of the mods even encouraged people who want to talk about OT material to go to the lounge. It would keep Ranger fans together and keep them out of the Devil's board. The lounge already has an "OT thread" and a "Shawty" thread (which seems to just be a 2nd OT thread to me), would a 3rd one really hurt?

I'm not trying to cause any trouble, as I really have no reason to, but I feel that moving the thread to the lounge is a legitimate compromise for both sides. The mods will get the chance to see if their hypothesis is correct, and the members of the OT thread can stay together.

Old
09-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
I really don't post in this thread at all, or know much of what goes on in it, but I have read the mods' reasoning to why they want to take down the thread.

If the issue is that the "spam" is being bought into the rest of the threads and all of the OT threads are cluttering up the front page of the Ranger's board, why not just make a HFNYR thread in the lounge? I'm pretty sure one of the mods even encouraged people who want to talk about OT material to go to the lounge. It would keep Ranger fans together and keep them out of the Devil's board. The lounge already has an "OT thread" and a "Shawty" thread (which seems to just be a 2nd OT thread to me), would a 3rd one really hurt?

I'm not trying to cause any trouble, as I really have no reason to, but I feel that moving the thread to the lounge is a legitimate compromise for both sides. The mods will get the chance to see if their hypothesis is correct, and the members of the OT thread can stay together.
Where's this lounge anyway? I don't even see it

Old
09-08-2011, 08:34 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
http://hfboards.com/index.php?page=2

There's a page 2. The Lounge is there.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
09-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
http://hfboards.com/index.php?page=2

There's a page 2. The Lounge is there.
Thank you sir *tips cap*

Old
09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I'm off to introduce myself to the Devils OT thread... Wow, I actually have to interact with them now. All this is gonna do is make us spite everything here. Just watch, some people will become Devil fans over there, and then we will see that deleting the OT thread was the real problem.

LOL. If deleting an OT thread makes someone jump the ship and become a Devils fan, then they were never a real fan to begin with. Seriously man. I think it's hilarious the way some people are carrying on about this.

Posted few times in OT thread but I wont miss it, it was getting way out of control. Post regularly in MLB thread but if they close that 1 too I'll just go to baseball boards and Leafs boards. No big deal.

Too scared to post on Giants thread (Cowboys fan) so feel free to close that one lol. Nah seriously though I read NFL thread regularly because there are some really good posters there. It's a decision mods made and you go by it, no point in complaining about it. Dont like it go and post elsewhere.

Old
09-08-2011, 09:38 PM
RegalRangers

Personally, I've always hated the general OT thread. It's always felt like a sandbox where the kids just make a mess. It seemed impossible for people to separate the tone of the OT thread from other threads. I am glad that it's closing down and I'm sure that once people are done being bummed out and hockey starts again we'll all be appreciative of the high level of discussion that HFBoards are known for.

That being said, I think there is no reason to get rid of NFL, NBA, MLB, and Soccer threads. They do nothing to encourage juvenile behavior and I really value them because I often find out what it's like to be on the other side of a debate with posters who I'm usually in agreement with. That only fosters more respect for our fellow posters IMO AND it's near impossible to find message boards for other sports that are anywhere near the level of HFBoards.

Secondarily, I'm also in favor of bringing back a video game specific thread as it is directly about hockey. Playing online with fellow posters from this Rangers board is a great way of getting to know posters. I'd understand if people disagree though.

It's unfortunate that we all have to suffer because a select few couldn't control themselves.

Old
09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Lol? If you don't like the thread than don't come in here... Its really that simple.

Old
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
First the Rogue's Den and now the HFNYR OT thread what is the world coming too!

I enjoyed getting to know people in the OT thread and joking around with you guys but I understand the decision.

Old
09-08-2011, 10:21 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I rarely post in this thread, but come on. There are three OT threads on the main page for other sports (MLB, NFL, Soccer), the rest are either Rangers related or old closed OT threads (all of which would have been bumped off the first page by now if it was the middle of the season). The fact is that it's the offseason, what the heck is there to talk about? August and early September are the deadest part of the year for hockey. Maybe, that's the reason why the amount of OT threads have increased. You know the whole correlation vs causation thing.

The NFL, MLB, and NBA threads have been around forever. Considering they're sports related and are related to the local teams that most of us follow, I don't understand why those should go.

One General OT thread and 3 local sports thread doesn't cause much clutter, let's be honest.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 09-08-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old
09-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

On a side note, I've also started my own column on OutsidetheGarden.com, and will be a contributor there as well as getting back into my blog. Something to keep myself busy with.

If anyone cares what I have to say outside of this you're welcome to shoot on over to any of the locations.

My OTG Column

My Blog

Twitter Page, first time using Twitter

Old
09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

"I leave in 3 weeks for the Devils board"

Old
09-08-2011, 11:41 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
LOLOLOL

Bro, what the ****'s wrong with you???

It's only a forum.

Thanks for the laughs, man.

You really thought he was being serious?

I thought it was a dead give away when he said i am the best poster in the world.

*Starts CM Punk chant*

Old
09-09-2011, 06:07 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
I'm off to introduce myself to the Devils OT thread... Wow, I actually have to interact with them now. All this is gonna do is make us spite everything here. Just watch, some people will become Devil fans over there, and then we will see that deleting the OT thread was the real problem.
O no you figured out our plan. LOL

Old
09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
mullichicken25

this is silliness

is it a bandwitch issue or something? cause that would make sense, but it isn't being portrayed that way

in all honestly, with no offense intended, this seems very power-trippy

the OT thread contributes infinitly more to this forum than countless redundant fire sather, trade *player we're down on* for *superstar*, we're awesome, and we suck threads that always turn into a BS pissing match by the 4th page

whatever, this is obviouslly a great forum and the decision wont change that, i just think it's silly and baseless

Old
09-09-2011, 10:51 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Welcome to organized chaos? ^^

Old
09-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
this is silliness

is it a bandwitch issue or something? cause that would make sense, but it isn't being portrayed that way

in all honestly, with no offense intended, this seems very power-trippy

the OT thread contributes infinitly more to this forum than countless redundant fire sather, trade *player we're down on* for *superstar*, we're awesome, and we suck threads that always turn into a BS pissing match by the 4th page

whatever, this is obviouslly a great forum and the decision wont change that, i just think it's silly and baseless
exactly. this thread gets taken down but a thread like "what happened to mike york" stays up when that person could have just fricken googled it. not to mention ridiculous trade proposals that would never happen

Old
09-09-2011, 12:17 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Took a quiz in my class on Wednesday that I didn't do the assigned reading for (whoops). I didn't want to leave the question blank so I wrote in a joke answer. Got the quiz back today, teacher's comment is gold

Old
09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
LMFAO! That's amazing. Man, what a view you still have?

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
09-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Thank you sir *tips cap*
Use the Holy Lounge wisely.

Old
09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
exactly. this thread gets taken down but a thread like "what happened to mike york" stays up when that person could have just fricken googled it. not to mention ridiculous trade proposals that would never happen
I still think Gilroy and a 2nd for Semin was a solid offer, but I guess not

Closed Thread