Hilarious NHL FaceOff article re: Nickelback

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/art...128518798.html

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 500
In responce to that article: Amen brother, amen.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:06 AM
BrianL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
I'll bet there is some anger in Mulletville over that article. At least, among their fans that can read.

Seriously, I thought they had some catchy stuff in their early days, but lately they have just become stupid, crude and embarrassing. If it is true they are being considered for this event, someone needs to be slapped upside the head.

IMHO, with all due respect to the Hip, who had their day, by far the most creative, talented band in Canada right now is Arcade Fire. Please get them.

BrianL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 03:51 AM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

***** enough and you might end up with Bieber.

OthmarAmmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:03 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
I don't like the Nickleback hate. I don't like them, but isn't music a subjective art form? Nickleback bashing to me is played out and pointless. I found that article made me think less of the writers than anything else. I would rather they find another band, but it's a free concert why complain? You're never going to find a band everyone likes, if I'm the NHL and I can get a band with the name recognition of Nickleback I would do it. Maybe I'm over sensitive...
A band I would like is the Trews, I'm not a huge fan of theirs but there Canadian, they're rock, they opened for Robert Plant a couple years ago and were good. Seems more attainable than say the Hip.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:36 AM
KBADCJET

I also do not get the hate for Nickelback. They are a great rockin Canadian band!

KBADCJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I don't like the Nickleback hate. I don't like them, but isn't music a subjective art form? Nickleback bashing to me is played out and pointless. I found that article made me think less of the writers than anything else. I would rather they find another band, but it's a free concert why complain? You're never going to find a band everyone likes, if I'm the NHL and I can get a band with the name recognition of Nickleback I would do it. Maybe I'm over sensitive...
A band I would like is the Trews, I'm not a huge fan of theirs but there Canadian, they're rock, they opened for Robert Plant a couple years ago and were good. Seems more attainable than say the Hip.
Well, the tasste of food is also a subjective. But you wouldn't serve mcdonalds at your wedding reception, would you?

I hate pretty much all new music that is played on mainstream radio stations, so I might be a bit biased in my hate for nickleback. And why does the band have to be canadian?

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Well, the tasste of food is also a subjective. But you wouldn't serve mcdonalds at your wedding reception, would you?

I hate pretty much all new music that is played on mainstream radio stations, so I might be a bit biased in my hate for nickleback. And why does the band have to be canadian?
I think we're going off the report of "A major canadian act" is slated to perform. I don't exactly think the food analogy fits. Nickleback charges "Steak" prices for concerts and are a large enough act that many people would serve them at their wedding .

Besides, if someone else was throwing my wedding for me, and all I had to do was show up I would eat McDonalds. A free concert is a free concert, if people don't like the band don't show up. It's a privilege to host this, not a right.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 01:16 AM
BrianL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBADCJET View Post
I also do not get the hate for Nickelback. They are a great rockin Canadian band!
Let's look at some of their lyrics.

Your so much cooler when you never pull it out
Cause you look so much cuter with something in your mouth

I'm loving what you wanna wear,
I wonder what's up under there?
Wonder if I'll ever have it under my tongue?

Is this what the NHL wants to showcase? Gag me. (oops, poor choice of words, might be taken as a double entendre).

BrianL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Ruslan Zainullin

songs about the benefits of prostitution are just fantastic, and a great message for the youth of tomorrow!

seriously, you can't swear on the radio but content like that is fine and dandy? am i missing something?

Ruslan Zainullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 01:24 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBADCJET View Post
Lol you don't get it? That's pretty dense.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote