HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Brimanis/Topshelf331

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 08:42 AM
Laperriere22*

vCash: 500
Brimanis/Topshelf331

Other thread's closed; so, I brought it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I disagree, Brimanis has been very solid. And ive been really impressed with him. Im thanking our lucky stars we have the depth we do on D right now. What part of his game didnt you like and ill watch for it in the calgary game? I havent really put him under the microscope yet.
Normally, I'd tell you a certain part of a player's game that bothers me, but in Brimanis' case, I just don't think he's capable of speeding up his game to adjust to the NHL speed. It's just a sense I've gotten from him; I could be completely wrong about it too. And as he moves up the depth chart because of the injuries continuing, I figure we'll all get a good viewing of how capable he is after tonight. Like I said, it's just a sense I've gotten from him; nothing specific at this time.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Brimanis strikes me as a "servicable" defenseman, like a Finley or Baron. He's OK, a #5/#6 guy but you wouldn't hinge your PP on him. He can PK in a pinch and be OK, but if he goes up on your depth chart it's not a good sign.

That being said, he did impress me in training camp - to the point that if he played with the Blues for the season it wouldn't disappoint me.