HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Buf/Edm Goalie Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
elphy101

vCash: 500
Buf/Edm Goalie Proposal

To Buffalo

Jani Rita

To Edmonton

Mika Noronen

I think this trade would work quite well for both teams. Both teams get former Hockeys News #1 prospects. It gives Edmonton a young goalie to team with Conklin. It gives Buffalo solid potential top two line player.

Before this trade Edmonton would move Salo for whatever they can get. It also allows Comrie to be moved for a good defender to help solidify a defense that needs improvement.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:55 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Well like it or not (I do not) I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Why can't people look beyond the stats and see that the types of point blank chances that are going in on a regular bases aren't Tommy's fault - and that they would go in on Roy in his prime.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:25 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
To Buffalo

Jani Rita

To Edmonton

Mika Noronen

I think this trade would work quite well for both teams. Both teams get former Hockeys News #1 prospects. It gives Edmonton a young goalie to team with Conklin. It gives Buffalo solid potential top two line player.

Before this trade Edmonton would move Salo for whatever they can get. It also allows Comrie to be moved for a good defender to help solidify a defense that needs improvement.
Brodeur would barely have a save percentage over 900 on this current team. The defence is horrid.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:43 AM
CupBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
To Buffalo

Jani Rita

To Edmonton

Mika Noronen

Jani Rita is JUNK. He will probably never make the NHL.
Noronen is one of the best young goalie prospects in the league.

You do the math.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:37 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupBound
Jani Rita is JUNK. He will probably never make the NHL.
Noronen is one of the best young goalie prospects in the league.

You do the math.
Both of them are equal to second rounders. Young backup's don't have a tremenduos amount of trade value usually, unless your talking about Fleury.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:41 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

jani rita is certainly not junk, i have the feeling if lowe trades him it is going to be another a la satan trade that comes back to bite you.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:43 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
jani rita is certainly not junk, i have the feeling if lowe trades him it is going to be another a la satan trade that comes back to bite you.
That is 110% the reason I don't like dealing him (much less to the Sabres)!!

To say he is "junk" is simply a weightless opinion, and I will add that is is a bit of an ignorant one - as he is our one of our best two prospects.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:47 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i get the feeling, a crawl up my back, that rita would welcome a trade to a team who would give him a chance. not saying the oil have not tried, not hard enough for me, however the amount of forwards we have is limiting his chances. either way im pulling for you rita.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:50 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

To me when Pisani is playing third line minutes and he's stuck in the minors the Oilers aren't trying AT ALL!!! I mean this kid could come in and be a 15-20 goal scorer in his first year! Instead we're stuck with Pisani who's biggest quality is that he ISN'T a LIABILITY defensively (notice I didn't say that he WAS an ASSET).

Old
10-24-2003, 08:53 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i know i know thome dont get me started on pisani, what was lowe thinking signing him to a three year deal. i like mact however i question his decision to have pisani in the lineup instead of rita or even salmelainen. at least we know that both of the young finns would help offensively.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:00 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
i know i know thome dont get me started on pisani, what was lowe thinking signing him to a three year deal. i like mact however i question his decision to have pisani in the lineup instead of rita or even salmelainen. at least we know that both of the young finns would help offensively.
Exactly, and they have to learn eventually!!! I mean if he expects them to step right in and play like Vets then he's worse then I thought. I can say this with all honesty, and I know some of you are going not agree:
I wish Keenan was our coach.

All this undisciplined hockey wouldn't be happening. These half-assed efforts would be a thing of the past. This would be a perfect team for Keenan! Young, impressionable, and all the big boddies and potential that you could dream for! Keenan was GREAT with Pronger, and perhaps could be GREAT for Brewer and Semenov. Keenan would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE guys like Smyth, Isbister, Smith, York, Moreau, Reasoner, Torres, Laraque, and Horcoff. He would be good with young guys like Hemsky and Bergeron - both skilled players who are willing to use the body. I just think that he would be a great coach for us.

Closed Thread