Nathan Horton takes the ice

Old
09-09-2011, 03:58 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
So if he's junk then it will be ok to **** on him?

One way street?
Umm, no, thats not what I said.

I meant, people here pick people to hate because its what everyone else is doing.

I meant I wasn't going to make a judgement on his ability as a bruin until he gives me a reason to.

I am hoping for the best, and if he doesn't perform, then I will not defend him.

Thats all.

Nice chatting with you though. You should over analyze my posts more often.

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Cheap shot from Aaron Rome couldn't stop the black and gold, Horton hears a who, JUST TOOK THE CUP HOME!

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

I clicked this thinking it had to do with him dumping water on the ice in Vancouver but was pleasantly surprised

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Gotta love jack edwards.cant wait for the season to start.im debating whether to go to a bruins live game or not

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
And yet I can't comment on the whole French thing because obviously it's a bunch of hokum, right?

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Zestfule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I'm so happy I'm not the only one who made the correlation.

Zestfule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 07:13 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Pouilot June 30th. Guy is a bum...lazy ass...spot picking dirt bag who is a bust and useless healthy scratch in the playoffs...Had one good three weeks in his hockey life.

Pouliot July 1st after Chia signs him. Oozes potential, big, rugged winger..see him fitting in as a 3rd liner, with ceiling of line 2..

Throw a Bruins sweater on a piece of dog **** and people here would swear up and down you have a diamond there...you know, because they are a Bruin now.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Pouilot June 30th. Guy is a bum...lazy ass...spot picking dirt bag who is a bust and useless healthy scratch in the playoffs...Had one good three weeks in his hockey life.

Pouliot July 1st after Chia signs him. Oozes potential, big, rugged winger..see him fitting in as a 3rd liner, with ceiling of line 2..

Throw a Bruins sweater on a piece of dog **** and people here would swear up and down you have a diamond there...you know, because they are a Bruin now.
We all root for laundry when you get right down to it.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 07:22 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
We all root for laundry when you get right down to it.
I agree...and we should....I'll root him on nightly....but please don't flip like a flag in a windstorm and try and sell me on a guy that has been a bust, and a heartless lazy one at that as something different now that he signed here...

Old
09-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Nice that you take the reaction of a handful and apply it to everyone.

There are a few who think Pouliot is and will be a bust. There are a few who think he'll be great.

And then there are the majority, who believe the guy's worth a shot to see what he's got, and if he works out, great, if not, no great loss.

Just because you loathe him doesn't mean that people who are willing to give him a look-see think he's a stud. There is such a thing as a middle ground.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 07:33 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

There are a few who think Pouliot is and will be a bust. There are a few who think he'll be great.

And then there are the majority, who believe the guy's worth a shot to see what he's got, and if he works out, great, if not, no great loss.

Just because you loathe him doesn't mean that people who are willing to give him a look-see think he's a stud. There is such a thing as a middle ground.
See this is the total crock of **** I was talking about, because the day before he signed you would have found less than 5 people if you are lucky .... Now like you said the majority think he's worth a shot...and no way that was the case 24 hrs before his signing.

June 30th you wouldn't have had 5 people who thought he was even worth a camp invite.

Old
09-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Eennad142

The organization, coach, and players, get a free ride coming out of the gate; that's what happens after a championship season. Don't rush to take up mid-season form hostilities just yet. There will be plenty of time to settle old scores, and create new whipping boys. Maybe even learn a little French. Glad to hear Horton is back in one piece physically.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
The organization, coach, and players, get a free ride coming out of the gate; that's what happens after a championship season. Don't rush to take up mid-season form hostilities just yet. There will be plenty of time to settle old scores, and create new whipping boys. Maybe even learn a little French. Glad to hear Horton is back in one piece physically.
This team has earned the right to be backed 100% up until the end buzzer of their final game this season IMO.

There will certainly be debates here on certain things and there should be, but patience should be pretty abundant....

Old
09-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
See this is the total crock of **** I was talking about, because the day before he signed you would have found less than 5 people if you are lucky .... Now like you said the majority think he's worth a shot...and no way that was the case 24 hrs before his signing.

June 30th you wouldn't have had 5 people who thought he was even worth a camp invite.
Before he signed, frankly, I didn't think of Ben Pouliot at all. Why should I?

If Matt Cooke was a free agent and for some reason Chiarelli signed him, then, yeah, I might question his sanity, if not outright condemn him. But Ben Pouliot isn't someone I wasted time hating. So Chia took a flyer on him, and my reaction was the same as many others': OK, let's see what he's got.

Nobody was campaigning for him to be signed, obviously, but that doesn't mean once he was, we're not willing to give him a chance.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 08:53 PM
The Scarecrow
2011 Cup Champions

Quote:

If Matt Cooke was a free agent and for some reason Chiarelli signed him, then, yeah, I might question his sanity, if not outright condemn him. But Ben Pouliot isn't someone I wasted time hating. So Chia took a flyer on him, and my reaction was the same as many others': OK, let's see what he's got.

Nobody was campaigning for him to be signed, obviously, but that doesn't mean once he was, we're not willing to give him a chance.
Speak for yourself. Already have my Pouliot jersey and number tee ready to go. Am I doing it right?

ps. MY CORVO JERSEY JUST ARRIVED!!!11!ONEELEVNE

The Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Sevren

Pouliot is still training in Montreal. He's supposedly in good shape.

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 09:51 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:

Said it much better than I.

Honestly, WhamBamCam, you're one of my favorite users here but I don't understand the seemingly blinding rage you have about this.

Now if you have examples of us condemning the guy and hating on him before the signing and then have examples of those same posters then willing to give him a chance then you'd have a point.
But as Artemis said, other than Jack Edward's rant about him in the playoffs... I don't think anyone thought anything of the kid. Certainly not enough to hate his guts (other than wearing the Habs sweater for a season.)

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
I agree...and we should....I'll root him on nightly....but please don't flip like a flag in a windstorm and try and sell me on a guy that has been a bust, and a heartless lazy one at that as something different now that he signed here...

Heartless and lazy was a common opinion here when the Bruins acquired Nathan Horton.

Maybe some of the magic that helped Horton in Boston can rub off on Pouliot. Would be nice.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 04:59 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

Exactly, wondering here if many had thoughts on Chris Kelly before he was aquired? Go back and review the threads about him, "garbage, redundant, stone hands" only a few adjectives, and the hammering of Chia that took place when he aquired him is a completely other story.

I`ll suggest again, and I can be guilty of it myself, if Pouliot signed with the Bruins from his draft team or any other team but the Habs, would it have bothered me at all?

My initial reaction was "oh great, another Hab", what my reaction should be as a Bruin fan, who`s Mngt. has delivered, consistently with personel decisions, with a few mistakes here and there is "let`s see what the guy can do".

Pouliot has never entered a conversation ever as a guy I couldn`t stand, nor when discussing players I`d like to see in a Bruin jersey, and I think this is where the majority stands on this as you suggested Artemis.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 05:02 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Heartless and lazy was a common opinion here when the Bruins acquired Nathan Horton.

Maybe some of the magic that helped Horton in Boston can rub off on Pouliot. Would be nice.
Exactly, I sure am not expecting Horton numbers but I think there`s a chance that CJ and the staff could squeeze 20goals from him in a perfect world.

If he posts something like 15g/25asst season, that`s not too bad for a million bucks

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 06:23 AM
misterjaggers

I'd sooner see Pouliot get in an extra week of weight training at home.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 10:13 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Said it much better than I.

Honestly, WhamBamCam, you're one of my favorite users here but I don't understand the seemingly blinding rage you have about this.

Now if you have examples of us condemning the guy and hating on him before the signing and then have examples of those same posters then willing to give him a chance then you'd have a point.
But as Artemis said, other than Jack Edward's rant about him in the playoffs... I don't think anyone thought anything of the kid. Certainly not enough to hate his guts (other than wearing the Habs sweater for a season.)
Lots of people were saying what a bust he was and useless hockey player, spot picker, when he had the Krejci fight and Boychuk run in the play-offs.

Like I said, I will root for him, but had you asked people their thoughts on him, it would have been an overwhelmingly number that would want him nowhere near here before he signed. Now that he's here, seems like people forget the past overnight.

Old
09-10-2011, 10:14 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post

Horton was a 30 goal scoring lazy ass however...he showed the skills of a 3rd overall pick.

I hope you are right though..I have a history of being wrong on these things, so we have that atleast..

Old
09-10-2011, 11:30 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:

but dont you dare lump people into groups uh uh...

Hey art, it could always be worse you could get thrown into the group that hates every decision the bruins make, sh**s on the bruins every chance you get and then conveniently forget all the bull**** you spew during the regular season when the bruins do well.
Dont forget. Horton was one of the worst moves chia made. he thinned out our D and gave us someone with no heart. no balls.

Ohhh wait, he did well, lets just forget about that one

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Horton was a 30 goal scoring lazy ass however...he showed the skills of a 3rd overall pick.

I hope you are right though..I have a history of being wrong on these things, so we have that atleast..

It seems we all have to wait and see how Pouliot will play in Boston. It makes an interesting sideshow here.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote