HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Anyone have a stats database they want to share?

Old
09-01-2011, 02:16 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Anyone have a stats database they want to share?

I've copied most of ESPN's stats for the last three seasons, and will trade when done. ANyone else have anything like that, or have you just joined a service and prefer that?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 02:40 AM
gms08

Stats Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
I've copied most of ESPN's stats for the last three seasons, and will trade when done. ANyone else have anything like that, or have you just joined a service and prefer that?
I've been putting together a bunch of stats for my own personal research, as well as doing some math on a few tabs to come up with better season-end fantasy numbers based on current or partial season stats.

Let me know what you think or if you need any help interpreting. I pasted over a lot of the formulas I use.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2010-11_NHL_Stats_w_FPTS.xls‎ (1.08 MB, 17 views)

gms08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 02:42 AM
gms08

Just make sure to check out the comments on the formula tab so you know how to use what I was messing with.

Old
09-09-2011, 12:08 PM
tinyzombies

Thanks! We count hits and bs too. I'm close to compiling a stats list for the last three years with all those stats. Have my own head-to-head formula in mind.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 08:05 PM
gms08

if you use Excel, you should look into using the "Data Analysis TookPak". Its a free add-on that is rarely used in regular excel funtions. Thats what I used. The tabs that say regression are the results.

I'm a financial analyst and we use this stuff for work. I decided to apply it to...what else...hockey.

Let me know if you're interested. I can see if I can help you out adding in your other stats to the formula.