HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tommy "the Sieve" Salo

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Belcriss

vCash:
Tommy "the Sieve" Salo

I gotta say it guys, that Salo has had it here. Conklin looks three times better than Salo in the net. Remember how atrocious Salo was before he left Long Island? He came here with something to prove, and played incredible for us. Solidified a really awful goaltending core that we had at the time. But, that said, he looks spent. He is sooooo very fragile, prone to giving up weak goals at the worst possible time (look to game six last year, first goal of the game, and we could have won that series with a better goalie). I think Salo does need a change of scenery. That said though, we don't have an number 1 here, and we need to trade him for a number one goalie. Maybe we could package Comrie and Salo for Dafoe and Stefan etc... I have always thought that Dafoe was good when he was on, and didn't take many nights off. He is greedy though.... and that is a problem we deal with later, maybe Conklin will be ready to be number 1 then.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:59 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
certainly not dafoe injuries are a problem for him and not stefan who to me is a bust and one more concussion could end his career. just my two cents thats all. trading salo would not bother me, comrie is just biding his time waiting and hoping to get out of edmonton.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:47 AM
jadeddog

the problem with trading salo (which i have commented in a couple other threads)... is that we wont get much back for him right now, because of his poor play... and we dont have a number 1 that we know is ready to take over for him....personally im not willing to hang our season on conks or deslauriers just yet

Old
10-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Asiaoil

Well I've always said we need to keep Salo for his veteran presence and stability - but he doesn't look good out there at all. Even in the Colorado win he didn't look confident handling the puck or with rebounds. He was guessing a lot in that game - but that seems to be what he does most nights now.

Salo's contract is a negative until the trade deadline - so don't expect a trade. I'm still hoping he can put together one of those 20 game strings where he is unbeatable prior to the deadline - and then we deal him for a prospect or pick. No way he gets his extension next year.

To me though - he looks done - and I've always been a Salo supporter.

Comrie for Blackburn works because we are stuck with Salo until March. Blackie can play in Toronto until then and next year we can go with Blackie and either of the backups (Conks and Big V). We need another elite young tender in the system becau se JDD won't be ready for at least 3 years - if ever (there are no guarentees that he will be anything more than an AHL goalie).

Closed Thread