Dream Bruins Play-off Scenario

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 03:31 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Dream Bruins Play-off Scenario

OK, if you could "script" the Bruins 2003-04 play-offs this year, how would it go?

Here's mine.....

We struggle all season and finish 8th seed.....(I'm a sucker for the dramatic!)...We sneak in with a win in our last game.....We trade Glen Murray for Alex Tanguay and a #1 pick at the deadline.

ROUND 1

The Toronto Maple-Leafs are the conference champs....We SWEEP them 4 games to 0 behind Felix the Cat.

ROUND 2

New York Rangers. The $trangers win their division and go up on us 3 games to 0. Potvin is pulled game three and we start the Rayzor....BAM.....We win three straight OT's and then a 6-1 laugher in the finale. Mike Knuble scores 4 goals in the game, Sandy McCarthy the other two.

ROUND 3

Montreal Canadiens. Ah, the rivalry is back. Let's say the Habs are the 6th seed. Again, it's a tough series, tied 2-2 and we win game 5 on the round with a Jeff Jillson OT goal. Game 6 Raycroft pulls his best Theodore impersonation and beats the Habs 2-1 in game 6, despite being outshot 50-18......

STANLEY CUP.

Bring on the 'Lanche. Again, series is 2-2, and we win game five in Colorado...Game six starts shaky and Raycroft gives up three early ones....The Cat is back! He stands on his head and Joe Thornton pots one in the second period to make it 3-1. In the third period, Sir Alex scores two power play goals to knot the game. In OT, We win it.....MARTIN SAMUELSSON, from Brian Rolston, OT winner......THANK YOU RAY BOURQUE! The two remainders in the deal, beat the 'Lanche and give us our own DAMN parade!

Old
10-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
I can't beat it man.. as a matter of fact i sat here with a big grin..

'Buds, Rags and Habs...original 6 ..in the right order...

somthings are perfect just as offered...

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Old
10-21-2003, 04:06 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I guess this is true but ugh...Back to the Future II was on the other night and Biff has got his hands on a list of all the Sports Champions over the last 70 years- I saw the movie but honestly can't remember it entirely but they say Biff looks down and says geez, the Red Sox won the World Series in 2003. The guy he is with says who'd they beat and he says some team from Florida.......

Whats interesting is the movie was written in 1986....well, before the Marlins were even an idea and 1986

as for the Broons, even the optimist me would have trouble believing they win the Cup this year- heck, two rounds may be unbelievable- but with a level field the CBA may bring I say within 5 or 6 years we're in the Finals and anything can happen. The Pats did it; the Angels did it; the Marlins are going to do it- why not Boston.

Old
10-21-2003, 05:56 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I guess this is true but ugh...Back to the Future II was on the other night and Biff has got his hands on a list of all the Sports Champions over the last 70 years- I saw the movie but honestly can't remember it entirely but they say Biff looks down and says geez, the Red Sox won the World Series in 2003. The guy he is with says who'd they beat and he says some team from Florida.......

Whats interesting is the movie was written in 1986....well, before the Marlins were even an idea and 1986
That's Urban Legand there DKH. The only WS reference is thet the Cubs beat some team from Florida in the 2015 WS

http://www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/bttf2.asp

Old
10-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Dream

My dream scenario is that the Bruins beat the Yankees in seven and then go on to defeat the Cubs...at baseball.

B's seal the deal with a walk off grand slam by Murray.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:13 AM
supernova

I'd love to see the Leafs & Bs in a tight 7 game series. Some OT goals, some big hits & fights, and every game on HNIC. Maybe playing in Toronto may bring out the best in Joe, plus he'd get to face Sundin head to head at times.

We would have to watch Tucker, Domi, and Marchment for 7 games. They all seem to have some Ulfie and Claude in them. That's the kind of stuff that turns a good series into a great series.

Earlier there was a post about hockey pet peeves, mine is the lack of really heated rivilaries. Which is almost impossible to have with so many teams. Toronto has been in our conference for awhile and still no playoff round.

Beating LA, and Ana, or Col is nice but I don't ever get excited about the Bs playing those west coast games. If Betteman wants to shake things up, split the conferences like baseball. Maybe go so far as to have 3 game series' many times throughout the year. Instead of a home & home, have 3 games. A three game mini series with TO, OTT, Mon, or the Rags has to be more entertaining than 3 games versus mountain time zone teams.

Oops, lost my train of thought. Toronto vs. Boston in this years playoffs. Sweet!

Closed Thread