HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official MLB Thread 4 (Marlins, Reyes close)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2011, 11:17 PM
  #101
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Joey Bautista still plays in Toronto.



Seriously though, it's a good thing for the Yanks that the Sux are playing awful ball right now.
Well you can argue that Bautista is more valuable, but Granderson is still extremely valuable as evidenced by the team's performance following his performance. He has to start hitting for this team to win.

And yes, the Sox have granted us a chance we didn't deserve, so we need to took take advantage.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 12:19 AM
  #102
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
I still don't see anyone getting past Philthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
same here...i think they are going to run through the playoffs like it's nothing.


Possibly. Doc-Lee-Hamels will be very hard to beat but if their offense plays like they did last October they wont win. Pence has been a very good addition for them and Victorino has emerged as 1 of the better outfielders in the game. That'll help.

darko is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 12:26 AM
  #103
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
I still don't see anyone getting past Philthy.
Hope you're right because the Phillies are the closest to my favorite team. Maybe the Rays and Jays as well.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 12:27 AM
  #104
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well you can argue that Bautista is more valuable, but Granderson is still extremely valuable as evidenced by the team's performance following his performance. He has to start hitting for this team to win.

And yes, the Sox have granted us a chance we didn't deserve, so we need to took take advantage.
Granderson has played himself off MVP contention. Absolutely no way he wins it now. Bautista hit #41 today as well.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 12:50 AM
  #105
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Granderson has played himself off MVP contention. Absolutely no way he wins it now. Bautista hit #41 today as well.
Funny thing is, Granderson doesn't have a hit in 3 weeks and still leads the AL in RBI. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone outside of Bautista even wants the MVP.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 12:55 AM
  #106
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Funny thing is, Granderson doesn't have a hit in 3 weeks and still leads the AL in RBI. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone outside of Bautista even wants the MVP.


Pedroia is another one who has played himself off MVP contention along with Granderson. Looks like it's down to Bautista/Ellsbury right now.

darko is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 01:04 AM
  #107
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Funny thing is, Granderson doesn't have a hit in 3 weeks and still leads the AL in RBI. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone outside of Bautista even wants the MVP.
If RBIs were the main component in judging the quality of the player, Ryan Howard would be in contention for league MVP.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:02 AM
  #108
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,408
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hope you're right because the Phillies are the closest to my favorite team. Maybe the Rays and Jays as well.
It occurred to me recently that my four most hated teams are potentially the four most likely WS winners--Philly, Atlanta, Boston and the Yankees.

I've actually toned down my hatred of the Yankees in recent years. I still dislike them, but I'm resigned to their success. And I'd much rather see a team from New York win than a team from Boston or Philadelphia.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-11-2011, 08:35 AM
  #109
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Going to the Rays - Red Sox game today. Pulling for the Rays hard in this one, hopefully we can pull ahead a bit further in the race for the East

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 01:17 PM
  #110
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
I am at the Rays-Sox game and this thing is gunna be a 5 hour game no doubt Lester is re slowest pitcher on the planet its so bad

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 04:14 PM
  #111
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Nice to see Granderson wake up!

nyrleetch is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 04:33 PM
  #112
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,065
vCash: 500
Wow, MLB not permitting the Mets to wear the FDNY, NYPD, etc hats during the game tonight. They are allowed to wear them during the pre game though.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
  #113
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Why didn't Wade pitch last night?

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
  #114
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
If RBIs were the main component in judging the quality of the player, Ryan Howard would be in contention for league MVP.
You say that as if he shouldn't be. Why isn't Howard a contender? I understand alot of you look at sabremetrics but is the MVP being the guy with the most RBI really such an outrageous concept? Voters still use conventional stats.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 05:00 PM
  #115
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
GO GO GO GO!!!!

We'll take it

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
  #116
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Wow, MLB not permitting the Mets to wear the FDNY, NYPD, etc hats during the game tonight. They are allowed to wear them during the pre game though.
It's a terrible policy by MLB.

I'm obviously not a Mets fan but they should just wear the caps anyway. Screw MLB and just do it. I wouldn't fault the Mets for not doing it, I just hope they take the field with the caps on and risk the fine. Could you imagine the backlash against baseball if they fined the Mets for this good hearted gesture?

Could you imagine if MLB did anything to enforce the policy? MLB is a complete joke....Selig on down.....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
  #117
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
It's a terrible policy by MLB.

I'm obviously not a Mets fan but they should just wear the caps anyway. Screw MLB and just do it. I wouldn't fault the Mets for not doing it, I just hope they take the field with the caps on and risk the fine. Could you imagine the backlash against baseball if they fined the Mets for this good hearted gesture?

Could you imagine if MLB did anything to enforce the policy? MLB is a complete joke....Selig on down.....
You can take HGH, steal signs, and throw spitballs, but you can't wear hats. It reminds me of middle school

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 06:02 PM
  #118
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
DOUBLE KILL!!



And this one's over

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
  #119
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Upton's grandslam landed like 6 rows up from where I was sitting. It was great seeing the Sox get the **** kicked out of them

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
  #120
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Upton's grandslam landed like 6 rows up from where I was sitting. It was great seeing the Sox get the **** kicked out of them
You live down there?

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:12 PM
  #121
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,743
vCash: 500
No way Granderson wins the MVP. None. He slumped himself out of the discussion.

It's going to be Verlander, Miggy and Bats, with Ellsbury getting the majority of votes for the Red Sox.

Pedroia's done. Called it in early August. Take away his one superhuman month and he's basically a .260 hitter. The only reason he would get any votes for MVP is the media love affair.

GWOW is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:19 PM
  #122
Machinehead
Moderator
Purple Hayes
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
No way Granderson wins the MVP. None. He slumped himself out of the discussion.

It's going to be Verlander, Miggy and Bats, with Ellsbury getting the majority of votes for the Red Sox.

Pedroia's done. Called it in early August. Take away his one superhuman month and he's basically a .260 hitter. The only reason he would get any votes for MVP is the media love affair.
I wouldn't count Granderson out. If he gets hot and gets up over 120 he's still right in the discussion.

I think right now Verlander has a real good chance, especially if he gets to 25 wins. That's gonna look real good.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
  #123
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
You live down there?
That I do.

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:23 PM
  #124
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I wouldn't count Granderson out. If he gets hot and gets up over 120 he's still right in the discussion.

I think right now Verlander has a real good chance, especially if he gets to 25 wins. That's gonna look real good.
I agree, there is still time for him to heat up and make a run for the MVP. I am pretty sure that he should be a lock for the silver slugger, but Jacoby might take that one

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:25 PM
  #125
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I wouldn't count Granderson out. If he gets hot and gets up over 120 he's still right in the discussion.

I think right now Verlander has a real good chance, especially if he gets to 25 wins. That's gonna look real good.
Grandy will get the bulk of the Yankee votes. He'll be in the running but it would take a ridiculous last two weeks to get his numbers closer to Miggy and Bats

The one thing that is going to hurt him is that it's been Cano and Swisher carrying the Yankees past Boston this last month or so.

GWOW is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.