HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official MLB Thread 4 (Marlins, Reyes close)

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Joey Bautista still plays in Toronto.

Seriously though, it's a good thing for the Yanks that the Sux are playing awful ball right now.
Well you can argue that Bautista is more valuable, but Granderson is still extremely valuable as evidenced by the team's performance following his performance. He has to start hitting for this team to win.

And yes, the Sox have granted us a chance we didn't deserve, so we need to took take advantage.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:19 AM
darko

Quote:
I still don't see anyone getting past Philthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
same here...i think they are going to run through the playoffs like it's nothing.

Possibly. Doc-Lee-Hamels will be very hard to beat but if their offense plays like they did last October they wont win. Pence has been a very good addition for them and Victorino has emerged as 1 of the better outfielders in the game. That'll help.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
I still don't see anyone getting past Philthy.
Hope you're right because the Phillies are the closest to my favorite team. Maybe the Rays and Jays as well.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well you can argue that Bautista is more valuable, but Granderson is still extremely valuable as evidenced by the team's performance following his performance. He has to start hitting for this team to win.

And yes, the Sox have granted us a chance we didn't deserve, so we need to took take advantage.
Granderson has played himself off MVP contention. Absolutely no way he wins it now. Bautista hit #41 today as well.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Granderson has played himself off MVP contention. Absolutely no way he wins it now. Bautista hit #41 today as well.
Funny thing is, Granderson doesn't have a hit in 3 weeks and still leads the AL in RBI. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone outside of Bautista even wants the MVP.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:55 AM
darko

Quote:
Funny thing is, Granderson doesn't have a hit in 3 weeks and still leads the AL in RBI. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone outside of Bautista even wants the MVP.

Pedroia is another one who has played himself off MVP contention along with Granderson. Looks like it's down to Bautista/Ellsbury right now.

Old
09-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
If RBIs were the main component in judging the quality of the player, Ryan Howard would be in contention for league MVP.

Old
09-11-2011, 07:02 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Hope you're right because the Phillies are the closest to my favorite team. Maybe the Rays and Jays as well.
It occurred to me recently that my four most hated teams are potentially the four most likely WS winners--Philly, Atlanta, Boston and the Yankees.

I've actually toned down my hatred of the Yankees in recent years. I still dislike them, but I'm resigned to their success. And I'd much rather see a team from New York win than a team from Boston or Philadelphia.

It's just pain.
Old
09-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Going to the Rays - Red Sox game today. Pulling for the Rays hard in this one, hopefully we can pull ahead a bit further in the race for the East

Old
09-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I am at the Rays-Sox game and this thing is gunna be a 5 hour game no doubt Lester is re slowest pitcher on the planet its so bad

Old
09-11-2011, 04:14 PM
nyrleetch

Nice to see Granderson wake up!

Old
09-11-2011, 04:33 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Wow, MLB not permitting the Mets to wear the FDNY, NYPD, etc hats during the game tonight. They are allowed to wear them during the pre game though.

Old
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Why didn't Wade pitch last night?

Old
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
If RBIs were the main component in judging the quality of the player, Ryan Howard would be in contention for league MVP.
You say that as if he shouldn't be. Why isn't Howard a contender? I understand alot of you look at sabremetrics but is the MVP being the guy with the most RBI really such an outrageous concept? Voters still use conventional stats.

Old
09-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

GO GO GO GO!!!!

We'll take it

Old
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Wow, MLB not permitting the Mets to wear the FDNY, NYPD, etc hats during the game tonight. They are allowed to wear them during the pre game though.
It's a terrible policy by MLB.

I'm obviously not a Mets fan but they should just wear the caps anyway. Screw MLB and just do it. I wouldn't fault the Mets for not doing it, I just hope they take the field with the caps on and risk the fine. Could you imagine the backlash against baseball if they fined the Mets for this good hearted gesture?

Could you imagine if MLB did anything to enforce the policy? MLB is a complete joke....Selig on down.....

Old
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
It's a terrible policy by MLB.

I'm obviously not a Mets fan but they should just wear the caps anyway. Screw MLB and just do it. I wouldn't fault the Mets for not doing it, I just hope they take the field with the caps on and risk the fine. Could you imagine the backlash against baseball if they fined the Mets for this good hearted gesture?

Could you imagine if MLB did anything to enforce the policy? MLB is a complete joke....Selig on down.....
You can take HGH, steal signs, and throw spitballs, but you can't wear hats. It reminds me of middle school

Old
09-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

DOUBLE KILL!!

And this one's over

Old
09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Upton's grandslam landed like 6 rows up from where I was sitting. It was great seeing the Sox get the **** kicked out of them

Old
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Upton's grandslam landed like 6 rows up from where I was sitting. It was great seeing the Sox get the **** kicked out of them
You live down there?

Old
09-11-2011, 07:12 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

No way Granderson wins the MVP. None. He slumped himself out of the discussion.

It's going to be Verlander, Miggy and Bats, with Ellsbury getting the majority of votes for the Red Sox.

Pedroia's done. Called it in early August. Take away his one superhuman month and he's basically a .260 hitter. The only reason he would get any votes for MVP is the media love affair.

Old
09-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
No way Granderson wins the MVP. None. He slumped himself out of the discussion.

It's going to be Verlander, Miggy and Bats, with Ellsbury getting the majority of votes for the Red Sox.

Pedroia's done. Called it in early August. Take away his one superhuman month and he's basically a .260 hitter. The only reason he would get any votes for MVP is the media love affair.
I wouldn't count Granderson out. If he gets hot and gets up over 120 he's still right in the discussion.

I think right now Verlander has a real good chance, especially if he gets to 25 wins. That's gonna look real good.

Old
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
You live down there?
That I do.

Old
09-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
I wouldn't count Granderson out. If he gets hot and gets up over 120 he's still right in the discussion.

I think right now Verlander has a real good chance, especially if he gets to 25 wins. That's gonna look real good.
I agree, there is still time for him to heat up and make a run for the MVP. I am pretty sure that he should be a lock for the silver slugger, but Jacoby might take that one

Old
09-11-2011, 07:25 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:

Grandy will get the bulk of the Yankee votes. He'll be in the running but it would take a ridiculous last two weeks to get his numbers closer to Miggy and Bats

The one thing that is going to hurt him is that it's been Cano and Swisher carrying the Yankees past Boston this last month or so.

Closed Thread